Walker Marketing and Consultants

Updated Oct 3, 2014

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in September 2014.

The interview process went very quickly -- which is great if you are looking to going right away. The first interview I met with the CEO, Brandon Walker, who was very nice and profession, and clearly excited about what he does. We reviewed my resume, he asked about my strengths and weaknesses, and he explained what the company does and a bit about the position. Two days later, I was doing the second interview where I was able to go along on a day's work with one of the coordinators. She was really nice and it was interesting to see her work. We didn't have the opportunity to pitch anything that day, but I did see her close a deal which gave a lot of insight into the paperwork process. There's a lot of freedom throughout the day, which requires a lot of self-discipline and drive to ensure that you make money. It is, without a doubt, very hard work, but if you like a challenge and like talking with people, then it would be a good fit. The challenge aspect really appealed to me, although I didn't eventually take the job. I don't believe that the business is a scam, like other reviews indicated. They had me worried but it really didn't go down like the reviews would have you believe. I believe it is a very tough business and you need to have the drive, passion, and thick skin to go along with it. Would have been a perfect fit for me right out of college.

Interview Questions

As a single mom, I was afraid to go to a commission based payment. I probably would have been fine and they provide many opportunities to learn and improve in order to get those commissions, but I'm a nervous nelly and was afraid to take the risk. However, if I was a single person, it would have been a no brainer and I would have accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Walker Marketing and Consultants

Client Coordinator Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

I submitted my application and was contacted a week later. I spoke with a girl in HR who was very knowledgeable and gave me a better feel for what the position was all about. I set up an interview and met with a hiring manager. He was very nice and asked me multiple questions that required a lot of thought. Not your tropical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Which three people that you don't know on a personal level do you admire the most and why?   Answer Question

Client Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

I was first contacted by the HR manager at Walker Marketing. I had submitted my application about a week before and was excited to hear back from them. The HR manager asked me a lot of questions about my resume and we went in to great detail about the job itself. I scheduled my interview and arrived a few minutes early. I got to meet the receptionist who was really polite and easy to talk to which definitely helped with my nerves. I was then taken back into the conference room where I met with the CEO. We went over my resume, strengths, weaknesses, my education so on and so fourth. He then got into the business and what the company did. It was really exciting to hear about all the great opportunities with in the company. I was then told about the second round interview which is actually a full day where you get to see exactly how an actual work day looks. This was cool because seeing an actual day of work would definitely tell me if I was cut out for this position or not. The next day I was contacted and invited back for the second round interview which I scheduled for the following week. The second round interview was great. I got to meet a lot of the staff and learned a ton. I ended up being offered a position.

Client Coordinator Interview

After I sent my resume to Walker Marketing and Consultants, I was contacted by their HR department right away. They were extremely interested in my background and everything that I had to offer making me feel much more comfortable when I went in for my interview. I was greeted right away when coming in and I really liked the atmosphere within the company. The hiring director, Brandon Walker, was very professional and took the time to explain what they were looking for. He provided me with detailed answers to all of my questions and explained everything thoroughly. Needless to say, the interview process went great and am happy to say that I'm now part of the Walker Marketing team!

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult questions was probably what my motivation in the workplace would be. This was one of my first interviews so I never have really thought about it before then.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in March 2014.

I applied online to an ad that I felt would best suit what I was looking for in a career. I was contacted by their HR team and they were extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the type of candidates the company was looking for. I scheduled my interview for a week later and sat down with the hiring manager, Brandon Walker. The interview was extremely professional and gave me a very clear understanding of what the client coordinator position was all about. A day later i was contacted for a second interview and was hired to be a client coordinator.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates me the most in and outside of the workplace and why?   Answer Question
    The interview process was very thorough in what the position entails, advancement, etc.

Client Coordinator Interview

I was first contacted by an HR rep and she asked me multiple questions about my resume that I had submitted, she then explained why the company was interested in me, and we went on to set up a date for my interview. The day came for my interview and I was interviewed by Brandon Walker the hiring manager. He was very well dressed and professional, he answered all of the questions that I asked and he was very knowledgeable. I was contacted within the next day saying that I was wanted to come back to the company for my second interview, which I then scheduled and was hired on! I really like working for Walker!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in May 2013.

I applied to this job with my resume on Monster and about 2 hours later I was contacted by the HR manager (who you will also learn doubles as the receptionist) in the office. She was very nice and told me that my resume was impressive. Now being a recent college graduate desperate for any type of work that would pay while I take a year off, of course I was inclined to take the interview. The office is FAR. if you live anywhere in Columbus other than Dublin then you know that Dublin is a hop and a skip away. Of course it was a day when the temperature was about 91 degrees and I have a broken air conditioner so it was all bad. Once I got to the location of the interview I had about 25 minutes to spare so I went in search of a cold drink. Because the roads there are very confusing, long story short I ended up arriving late. No worries though because you're not the only interviewee they are expecting. Once I got there the receptionist was wearing a short blue dress and crop blazer...pause. I was told this office was business professional..oh well. I sat down and she handed me a clip board with a basic application and some rinky dink brochure. Literally the brochure was crap and again should have been a red flag to get out! Now I'm looking at this application and thinking to myself "why is it only one page and a total of 7 questions?" Literally all you have to do is be drug free and have a clean record to work for them.

I was sitting next to the receptionist so she started speaking to me about my plans for the weekend. I wasn't sure this was appropriate conversation for future employment so I kept my answers light and vague. Our conversation progressed though and we talked about some similar interests and fun things to do around columbus. Just as I was getting comfortable and regaining confidence about the company, another interviewee entered the office. Once he had sat down, the receptionist started having the SAME conversation with him! ok maybe she was just really friendly but it seemed like it was part of her job description to create this "laid back let's have great conversation" type environment.

Ok now let's get into the actual interview. I interviewed with Brandon Walker and at the time had NO clue who he was. Yes I did not know he was the CEO. He took me into another room and started asking me questions. This interview was terrible. He only asked me a few questions and spent a majority of the time trying to convince me why it's so great working there? umm hold up, aren't I supposed to know that already? Why must you sell me the dream? Now at the end he opens the floor for questions which is typical for interviews and I asked him how many years he had been there...THIS IS WHEN I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THEY WERE DESPERATE. I had done NO research (my bad) and didn't even recognize him as the CEO yet I was called 2 hours later for a second interview. All of the people who work there are fresh out of school, no one stays long and the place just give you bad vibes cause all you see in their office is pictures of young people having a good time. Don't do it. After accepting the second interview, I came home to tell my brother who quickly gave me the proper insight of what they really do. The interview itself is not unpleasant but after having so many interviews I know what to look for when it comes to legitimacy. I emailed them immediately to let them know a better opportunity had arisen and nope I'm not looking back!

I ran!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in April 2013.

Made it into the 1st Interview where the office itself is very remote and small. In a series of mini buildings there is a small office on the second floor where the interviews took place. Some people might be intrigued to go apply for this position considering it is a marketing job but it is more a sales job where you have to travel alot without compensation for gas, only offered a starting position which is only minimum wage + commission. So if your looking to commute to a new living area to work here I would advise against it. I only submitted an application early in the morning Monday and was contacted within mere hours for an interview the following day. The first interview is a 10- 20 Minute sit down and go over the basics. If you get called in for a second interview you have to shadow for an entire day and then brought back to the office at the end of the day for a third (final) interview.

Interview Questions
    • Would this type of business be something your interested in?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in April 2013.

Very informational and professional. Definitely took the time to see if I were a good fit for the position. They were also organized. When I got there they knew who I was and that I was coming. They had me fill out an application when I got there. After my first round interview I had to go through a background check to ensure a safe environment with honest people. Everyone is required to also take a drug test before being hired due to their drug free atmosphere. They have three rounds of interviews in order to weed out the candidates that wont work out and also to minimize turnover.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of my attributes that could be beneficial to the company?   Answer Question

Client Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

I should have gone with my instincts on this one and cancelled my interview. I visited the website to gather a little bit more information on this company. I also wanted to do a little bit more research as the interview confirmation email listed a position other than the one I had applied for. I feel like the website in itself should have been enough to keep me away but I figured it'd be better to not judge a book by it's cover (or a company by its website in this case)

Upon first entering I was greeted by a receptionist wearing a ridiculously short miniskirt. I was a little bit confused because the confirmation email states that the interview is business formal. She hands you a form with several basic questions. Are you presently employed is one.

While waiting to be interviewed the receptionist answered the phone, greeting as human resources. She was also making small chat with other candidates about what type of music they listen to and where they live. In between her chatty questions they candidates were discussing a lot of things that you just don't discuss in front of people that you're looking to get hired by. This made me question the caliber of employees this company brings in if these were the candidates up against me.

They were running late on interviews, which is okay, but a candidate that was scheduled to interview before me showed up after me and was still taken back before me.

I pretty much knew that I wanted nothing to do with this company but went through with the interview for the fun of it- just to see what they would say. They ask basic interview questions such as salary expectations. The one question that threw me off was when I was asked how I feel about travel. My interviewer went on a big tangent about how they took the receptionist on an all expense paid trip to Miami and they stayed a floor below where they shoot the Kardashian's show. You can tell just by being in the office that it's just NOT that kind of company and they'll say anything to lure desperate, potential employees in.