Walker Marketing and Consultants Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

This place is a scam for door to door sales men. Don't fall for it. They interviewed me in someone else's office (not the interviewers). They told me i would be selling cell phone contracts door to door. Very unprofessional how they mislead applicants about the actual job in the job ad description.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any real interview questions just more statements that they were asking.   Answer Question

Walker Marketing and Consultants Response

Aug 7, 2015 – HR

We do not do DOOR TO DOOR SALES. WE DO NOT SELL CELL PHONES.

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

Interview

Called me the next day after I applied through monster.com. Came in for a 15 minute interview. CEO interviewed me and only asked me the standard "tell me about yourself." Otherwise the rest of the time we talked was me asking him questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

When I arrived, I was greeted by the woman at the front desk. She made some small talk about my weekend plans and handed me a clipboard full of basic questions for me to answer. (Name, address etc) I was interviewed by the CEO, which I thought was odd for how large they claimed their company was. It was the easiest interview I've ever had. All he asked me was about what position I held in my previous jobs. He then kept saying, "you have no experience in this field. But that's okay." I felt a little thrown off at the amount of times he stated that sentence in the 15 minute long interview. He then began to sell me on why it was so great to work for them. Throwing out dazzling phrases that seemed designed to attract money starved grads. Things like, "all expense paid business trips across the country" "we'll train you to be a manger in 12 to 14 months." As I was never planning on staying long in that company in the first place, his words didn't interest me. Never once were the job duties explained to me as to what I'd be doing exactly. Then two hours after, the CEO called me to offer a second interview. I accepted the offer and was to come in for the interview five days later. It was a full working interview from 9-5. I immediately began to feel skeptic about the second interview. I live about an hour away from Dublin and have severe driving anxiety as it is. Let alone to hit the freeways during rush hour to work a full unpaid day. That's when I got on glass door to look at their reviews. And boy let me tell you, I'm glad I did. There were only 18 reviews when I looked them up and they were one or the other, overly positive or 1 star terrible. I found out that it was door to door business sales. (Disgusting) The positive reviews were too positive. With absolutely nothing bad to say about the company. They looked cookie cutter and manufactured. All of them had notes like, "keep up the great work team!" (Continued below)

Traveling in the car with a stranger around bad areas of Columbus? No thanks. It felt like more like a way to get sucked into the human trafficking ring. Glad I went with my instinct on this one.

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process went very quickly -- which is great if you are looking to going right away. The first interview I met with the CEO, Brandon Walker, who was very nice and profession, and clearly excited about what he does. We reviewed my resume, he asked about my strengths and weaknesses, and he explained what the company does and a bit about the position. Two days later, I was doing the second interview where I was able to go along on a day's work with one of the coordinators. She was really nice and it was interesting to see her work. We didn't have the opportunity to pitch anything that day, but I did see her close a deal which gave a lot of insight into the paperwork process. There's a lot of freedom throughout the day, which requires a lot of self-discipline and drive to ensure that you make money. It is, without a doubt, very hard work, but if you like a challenge and like talking with people, then it would be a good fit. The challenge aspect really appealed to me, although I didn't eventually take the job. I don't believe that the business is a scam, like other reviews indicated. They had me worried but it really didn't go down like the reviews would have you believe. I believe it is a very tough business and you need to have the drive, passion, and thick skin to go along with it. Would have been a perfect fit for me right out of college.

Interview Questions

As a single mom, I was afraid to go to a commission based payment. I probably would have been fine and they provide many opportunities to learn and improve in order to get those commissions, but I'm a nervous nelly and was afraid to take the risk. However, if I was a single person, it would have been a no brainer and I would have accepted.

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

Interview

I submitted my application and was contacted a week later. I spoke with a girl in HR who was very knowledgeable and gave me a better feel for what the position was all about. I set up an interview and met with a hiring manager. He was very nice and asked me multiple questions that required a lot of thought. Not your tropical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Which three people that you don't know on a personal level do you admire the most and why?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone introduction to the setup a 1 on 1 interview. If you get selected for a second interview it is a full day shadowing which consisted of walking door to door with an account manager and see how they try and sell the service. When you get back you talk to the owner 1 on 1 to see if this is something that you are interested in.

Interview Questions

Door to door sales with full commission

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR manager at Walker Marketing. I had submitted my application about a week before and was excited to hear back from them. The HR manager asked me a lot of questions about my resume and we went in to great detail about the job itself. I scheduled my interview and arrived a few minutes early. I got to meet the receptionist who was really polite and easy to talk to which definitely helped with my nerves. I was then taken back into the conference room where I met with the CEO. We went over my resume, strengths, weaknesses, my education so on and so fourth. He then got into the business and what the company did. It was really exciting to hear about all the great opportunities with in the company. I was then told about the second round interview which is actually a full day where you get to see exactly how an actual work day looks. This was cool because seeing an actual day of work would definitely tell me if I was cut out for this position or not. The next day I was contacted and invited back for the second round interview which I scheduled for the following week. The second round interview was great. I got to meet a lot of the staff and learned a ton. I ended up being offered a position.

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in June 2014.

Interview

Very simple. Came in a chatted with the CEO for about 15 minutes and then was asked back for a second interview. The second interview consisted of a full day shadow from 9-5. I then realized that it was business-to-business sales and they take you on that second interview to show you exactly what it is you would be doing.

Client Coordinator Interview

Interview

After I sent my resume to Walker Marketing and Consultants, I was contacted by their HR department right away. They were extremely interested in my background and everything that I had to offer making me feel much more comfortable when I went in for my interview. I was greeted right away when coming in and I really liked the atmosphere within the company. The hiring director, Brandon Walker, was very professional and took the time to explain what they were looking for. He provided me with detailed answers to all of my questions and explained everything thoroughly. Needless to say, the interview process went great and am happy to say that I'm now part of the Walker Marketing team!

Interview Questions

• One of the most difficult questions was probably what my motivation in the workplace would be. This was one of my first interviews so I never have really thought about it before then.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online to an ad that I felt would best suit what I was looking for in a career. I was contacted by their HR team and they were extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the type of candidates the company was looking for. I scheduled my interview for a week later and sat down with the hiring manager, Brandon Walker. The interview was extremely professional and gave me a very clear understanding of what the client coordinator position was all about. A day later i was contacted for a second interview and was hired to be a client coordinator.

Interview Questions

• What motivates me the most in and outside of the workplace and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The interview process was very thorough in what the position entails, advancement, etc.