Walker Marketing and Consultants Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.1

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

Interview

I noticed that this company has 6 offices and 180 employees. It is a outside marketing and consulting position that has full training and is paid. I know from experience that companies like this grow very rapidly due to client demand of outsourcing. A- on the BBB is good for me. I am definitely not the personal to believe everything someone says, especially not on the internet. Everyone seems super professional and I am scheduled for a second interview today and will let everyone know how it goes!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everyone kept talking about how big and fast this company was growing. I saw the staff they are all very attractive

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

Interview

I submitted my application and was contacted a week later. I spoke with a girl in HR who was very knowledgeable and gave me a better feel for what the position was all about. I set up an interview and met with a hiring manager. He was very nice and asked me multiple questions that required a lot of thought. Not your tropical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Which three people that you don't know on a personal level do you admire the most and why?   Answer Question

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR manager at Walker Marketing. I had submitted my application about a week before and was excited to hear back from them. The HR manager asked me a lot of questions about my resume and we went in to great detail about the job itself. I scheduled my interview and arrived a few minutes early. I got to meet the receptionist who was really polite and easy to talk to which definitely helped with my nerves. I was then taken back into the conference room where I met with the CEO. We went over my resume, strengths, weaknesses, my education so on and so fourth. He then got into the business and what the company did. It was really exciting to hear about all the great opportunities with in the company. I was then told about the second round interview which is actually a full day where you get to see exactly how an actual work day looks. This was cool because seeing an actual day of work would definitely tell me if I was cut out for this position or not. The next day I was contacted and invited back for the second round interview which I scheduled for the following week. The second round interview was great. I got to meet a lot of the staff and learned a ton. I ended up being offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online to an ad that I felt would best suit what I was looking for in a career. I was contacted by their HR team and they were extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the type of candidates the company was looking for. I scheduled my interview for a week later and sat down with the hiring manager, Brandon Walker. The interview was extremely professional and gave me a very clear understanding of what the client coordinator position was all about. A day later i was contacted for a second interview and was hired to be a client coordinator.

Interview Questions

• What motivates me the most in and outside of the workplace and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The interview process was very thorough in what the position entails, advancement, etc.

Entry Level Client Coordinator Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

I recently graduated with my Bachelors degree and was looking for somewhere to get my foot in the door, so I looked into the Columbus, Ohio area. I sent my resume over through their website. I then received an email from the HR manager. I called into the office to set up an interview to see if it was a good fit. When I got to the office everyone was really professional and outgoing. The office was set up really cute, I could definitely see myself working there. They explained how they were looking to grow and that they needed candidates that were able to communicate well and take on a leadership role when needed. I have experience in retail, I just don't prefer the retail hours so Monday through Friday 8 to 5 set schedule would be great for me.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation I had to deal with in the work place and how did I come up with a solution?   Answer Question

All Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Columbus, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

Walker Marketing contacted me via email to interview with them. They found my resume via Monster. I went in for the initial interview which lasted only 20 minutes or so. I was contacted later that day to come in for a full day second interview. The second interview consisted of spending the entire day in the field with a senior sales rep. We drove out of town to a terrotory the rep was currently working and walked around to businesses in that area trying to get them to sign up for Direct Energy. At lunch we discussed everything except salary. They are not supposed to discuss this until you get back to the office at the end of the day. This is when your third interview occurs. At that time I was told I could either work on 100% commision or $300.00 a week plus 20% commision. If you are able to sign up more then 10 business's they say you will make more then the $300.00 a week. We spoke with close to 45 business's and didn't sing any the day I was out. I believe a person with strong selling skills could be succesful at this job. However, they seem to want to move you quickly from level to level until supposedly within 18 months or so you would be running your own office of agents?! I do know the parent company is Cidco. I have not looked into them.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

I did not want to travel every day. They do not pay you milage, per diem etc. A cell phone is also required for the job and they do not pay for that either. You are sent to random territories throughout Ohio and work them until completed. I also noticed on my day in the field that there are a ton of other companies doing the same thing. Many business's complained of someone coming in twice a week trying to get them to switch thier Gas provider. I will say that if you were to take a position with any of these companies that Direct Energy seems to have the best deal. They do not lock thier customers into contract like the others do. The rate is simply fixed through the winter and then goes back to a variable in the summer when rates are lower. The staff was very nice and did seem to like thier jobs.

Client Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was first contacted by an HR rep and she asked me multiple questions about my resume that I had submitted, she then explained why the company was interested in me, and we went on to set up a date for my interview. The day came for my interview and I was interviewed by Brandon Walker the hiring manager. He was very well dressed and professional, he answered all of the questions that I asked and he was very knowledgeable. I was contacted within the next day saying that I was wanted to come back to the company for my second interview, which I then scheduled and was hired on! I really like working for Walker!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Very informational and professional. Definitely took the time to see if I were a good fit for the position. They were also organized. When I got there they knew who I was and that I was coming. They had me fill out an application when I got there. After my first round interview I had to go through a background check to ensure a safe environment with honest people. Everyone is required to also take a drug test before being hired due to their drug free atmosphere. They have three rounds of interviews in order to weed out the candidates that wont work out and also to minimize turnover.

Interview Questions

• What are some of my attributes that could be beneficial to the company?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone introduction to the setup a 1 on 1 interview. If you get selected for a second interview it is a full day shadowing which consisted of walking door to door with an account manager and see how they try and sell the service. When you get back you talk to the owner 1 on 1 to see if this is something that you are interested in.

Interview Questions

Door to door sales with full commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

When interviewed at Walker, it was a two step process. The first interview was just to get to know me and to explain the company more in depth because there are things they aren't allowed to divulge on their website. I was asked to come back for a second interview in which I shadowed an employee. I'm glad because I knew EXACTLY what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I liked sports at all, which I wasn't expecting. Although, once I started working there, I realized why I was asked that. It is a competitive environment, so any interest in sports means you have a competitive personality, which is a good quality for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

when given the position, I was able to start whenever my schedule allowed. That was nice for me because I wasn't available right away.