Walker Marketing and Consultants

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Updated Jul 25, 2014

2.3

Account Executive Interview

I should have known up front this job was deceptive in nature, but I was a desperate college kid. They asked me four questions, then sent me home. I received a phone call from them in less than an hour after leaving asking me to devote a whole day to shadow in the field. While shadowing we met many disgruntled customers and angry customers who wanted nothing to do with us, and that were angry with AT&T. The company they were selling for. It should have been my first clue.

I reluctantly accepted the offer, and within a few days of starting I realized this wasn't for me. The position is fine I'm sure for some people, but not for myself. Brandon Walker pressured me into staying multiple times, and I finally quit after a week and a half. I was done.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most important P of the four P's of marketing?   Answer Question
    None.

Client Coordinator Interview

After I sent my resume to Walker Marketing and Consultants, I was contacted by their HR department right away. They were extremely interested in my background and everything that I had to offer making me feel much more comfortable when I went in for my interview. I was greeted right away when coming in and I really liked the atmosphere within the company. The hiring director, Brandon Walker, was very professional and took the time to explain what they were looking for. He provided me with detailed answers to all of my questions and explained everything thoroughly. Needless to say, the interview process went great and am happy to say that I'm now part of the Walker Marketing team!

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult questions was probably what my motivation in the workplace would be. This was one of my first interviews so I never have really thought about it before then.   Answer Question

Marketing Representatives Interview

first round was hold by the CEO of the company, several usual questions like what is your gold, what's your experience. Then the second round would be like traveling around with a sales man in the company, knock the doors to sale the utility. I don't really like this process, so i ruined my interview in purpose.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I was called in for an interview with Walker on the same day that 2 other similar businesses in the area scheduled me for interviews. I thought this was weird. Walker and the others were all outsourced "marketing" companies. Walker deals with an energy company. The first interview was very simple and lasted about 15 minutes. I was surprised when I arrived that about 5 other people were in the lobby waiting for an interview at the same time. What type of company calls multiple people in at the same time and makes them wait? I was also mad/disappointed that the job literally has nothing to do with sports. They just put that because they "want competitive-minded people". Seemed like false advertising to me.

During the interview I was told that "they are considering a lot of candidates with similar qualifications", but they literally called me about 2 hours later wanting to set up a second interview. I declined because I honestly wasn't interested. After reading other bad reviews for this and similar companies, I'm glad I did.

Interview Questions
    • None. They were all very general, simple interview questions about work ethic and working with a team. Nothing about my specific skills or anything.   Answer Question

Wasn't interested.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in February 2011.

I applied for a position with Walker Marketing & Consulting about 6 months ago following a relocation and the very beginning of a new job search. I was contacted by phone to schedule an interview after submitting an online application. When I returned the phone call, the scheduling assistant was pleasant and made sure that I had the correct driving directions for the interview. When I arrived at the street address for the interview, it seemed to be some sort of budget hotel converted into an office park in a very corporate area of Dublin, Ohio. There were a steady stream of candidates with cheap suits milling around the parking lot going into and out of the interview office. The office itself was fairly unimpressive with the receptionist sitting behind a large desk which looked to have been acquired from an office auction and a small radio playing loudly at her side. I was asked to fill out some paperwork before the interview and handed the standard clipboard you would receive at a first time doctor's visit. As I sat in the waiting area, I had more of a feeling that I was waiting for my car at a quickservice oil change shop than an interview except that most oil change places have better decor. I knew something was wrong when the questionaire requested my D.O.B. and S.S. number and mentioned that part of the interview process involved a field interview day with a representative which required that I sign some sort of permission for. Needless to say, I left the personal, sensitive information section blank. When I was called for my interview, I was escorted back with the interview representative who seemed extremely young and nervous. It was almost as if O.S.U. was conducting some sort of psychology controlled experiment. The office where I was interviewed was sparsely furnished and as I glanced around, the interviewer must have noticed and was quick to mention that the office was in the process of being renovated. The interview itself consisted of some very basic questions such as, " What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?" and "Why are you interested in Walker M. & C.?" The young interviewer seemed as nervous as me (although I was really more entertained at what a joke this all was at this point and thinking about the gas I wasted coming here) and had very little to say when asked why the company had no review by the Better Business Bureau. I was told that the next step in the interview process would be the "field interview day" and I would be contacted later in the week if I seemed like a good candidate. I was never contacted so I guess that I did not make the cut, however, I honestly did not follow up either since I had such a bad feeling about this company and thought that this might be a scam of some nature.

Client Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

I should have gone with my instincts on this one and cancelled my interview. I visited the website to gather a little bit more information on this company. I also wanted to do a little bit more research as the interview confirmation email listed a position other than the one I had applied for. I feel like the website in itself should have been enough to keep me away but I figured it'd be better to not judge a book by it's cover (or a company by its website in this case)

Upon first entering I was greeted by a receptionist wearing a ridiculously short miniskirt. I was a little bit confused because the confirmation email states that the interview is business formal. She hands you a form with several basic questions. Are you presently employed is one.

While waiting to be interviewed the receptionist answered the phone, greeting as human resources. She was also making small chat with other candidates about what type of music they listen to and where they live. In between her chatty questions they candidates were discussing a lot of things that you just don't discuss in front of people that you're looking to get hired by. This made me question the caliber of employees this company brings in if these were the candidates up against me.

They were running late on interviews, which is okay, but a candidate that was scheduled to interview before me showed up after me and was still taken back before me.

I pretty much knew that I wanted nothing to do with this company but went through with the interview for the fun of it- just to see what they would say. They ask basic interview questions such as salary expectations. The one question that threw me off was when I was asked how I feel about travel. My interviewer went on a big tangent about how they took the receptionist on an all expense paid trip to Miami and they stayed a floor below where they shoot the Kardashian's show. You can tell just by being in the office that it's just NOT that kind of company and they'll say anything to lure desperate, potential employees in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in May 2013.

I applied to this job with my resume on Monster and about 2 hours later I was contacted by the HR manager (who you will also learn doubles as the receptionist) in the office. She was very nice and told me that my resume was impressive. Now being a recent college graduate desperate for any type of work that would pay while I take a year off, of course I was inclined to take the interview. The office is FAR. if you live anywhere in Columbus other than Dublin then you know that Dublin is a hop and a skip away. Of course it was a day when the temperature was about 91 degrees and I have a broken air conditioner so it was all bad. Once I got to the location of the interview I had about 25 minutes to spare so I went in search of a cold drink. Because the roads there are very confusing, long story short I ended up arriving late. No worries though because you're not the only interviewee they are expecting. Once I got there the receptionist was wearing a short blue dress and crop blazer...pause. I was told this office was business professional..oh well. I sat down and she handed me a clip board with a basic application and some rinky dink brochure. Literally the brochure was crap and again should have been a red flag to get out! Now I'm looking at this application and thinking to myself "why is it only one page and a total of 7 questions?" Literally all you have to do is be drug free and have a clean record to work for them.

I was sitting next to the receptionist so she started speaking to me about my plans for the weekend. I wasn't sure this was appropriate conversation for future employment so I kept my answers light and vague. Our conversation progressed though and we talked about some similar interests and fun things to do around columbus. Just as I was getting comfortable and regaining confidence about the company, another interviewee entered the office. Once he had sat down, the receptionist started having the SAME conversation with him! ok maybe she was just really friendly but it seemed like it was part of her job description to create this "laid back let's have great conversation" type environment.

Ok now let's get into the actual interview. I interviewed with Brandon Walker and at the time had NO clue who he was. Yes I did not know he was the CEO. He took me into another room and started asking me questions. This interview was terrible. He only asked me a few questions and spent a majority of the time trying to convince me why it's so great working there? umm hold up, aren't I supposed to know that already? Why must you sell me the dream? Now at the end he opens the floor for questions which is typical for interviews and I asked him how many years he had been there...THIS IS WHEN I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THEY WERE DESPERATE. I had done NO research (my bad) and didn't even recognize him as the CEO yet I was called 2 hours later for a second interview. All of the people who work there are fresh out of school, no one stays long and the place just give you bad vibes cause all you see in their office is pictures of young people having a good time. Don't do it. After accepting the second interview, I came home to tell my brother who quickly gave me the proper insight of what they really do. The interview itself is not unpleasant but after having so many interviews I know what to look for when it comes to legitimacy. I emailed them immediately to let them know a better opportunity had arisen and nope I'm not looking back!

I ran!

Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in October 2011.

They herd people through their office like cattle. If you are breathing and have a college degree then that's all they need. You will go through a very easy initial interview process but then the second interview is all day long driving around with an associate to see what the job is about. Its door to door sales! You only make money off of what you can sell and there isn't any mileage reimbursement to speak of. Seems more like a pyramid scheme than anything else.

Interview Questions
    • Easiest interview ever. They won't ask you anything difficult. They just want warm bodies to build the pyramid.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in April 2013.

Made it into the 1st Interview where the office itself is very remote and small. In a series of mini buildings there is a small office on the second floor where the interviews took place. Some people might be intrigued to go apply for this position considering it is a marketing job but it is more a sales job where you have to travel alot without compensation for gas, only offered a starting position which is only minimum wage + commission. So if your looking to commute to a new living area to work here I would advise against it. I only submitted an application early in the morning Monday and was contacted within mere hours for an interview the following day. The first interview is a 10- 20 Minute sit down and go over the basics. If you get called in for a second interview you have to shadow for an entire day and then brought back to the office at the end of the day for a third (final) interview.

Interview Questions
    • Would this type of business be something your interested in?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hilliard, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in December 2012.

Very basic, easy interview. No out of the ordinary questions. Interview lasted twenty minutes and I got called back two hours later to schedule a 2nd interview. They seem desperate for workers.

Interview Questions

Seemed like a scam, and I read awful reviews about the company.

Worked for Walker Marketing and Consultants? Contribute to the Community!