Walker Marketing and Consultants
www.walkermarketingandconsultants.com Dublin, OH 16 to 50 Employees

Walker Marketing and Consultants Marketing Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
Dublin, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a position with Walker Marketing & Consulting about 6 months ago following a relocation and the very beginning of a new job search. I was contacted by phone to schedule an interview after submitting an online application. When I returned the phone call, the scheduling assistant was pleasant and made sure that I had the correct driving directions for the interview. When I arrived at the street address for the interview, it seemed to be some sort of budget hotel converted into an office park in a very corporate area of Dublin, Ohio. There were a steady stream of candidates with cheap suits milling around the parking lot going into and out of the interview office. The office itself was fairly unimpressive with the receptionist sitting behind a large desk which looked to have been acquired from an office auction and a small radio playing loudly at her side. I was asked to fill out some paperwork before the interview and handed the standard clipboard you would receive at a first time doctor's visit. As I sat in the waiting area, I had more of a feeling that I was waiting for my car at a quickservice oil change shop than an interview except that most oil change places have better decor. I knew something was wrong when the questionaire requested my D.O.B. and S.S. number and mentioned that part of the interview process involved a field interview day with a representative which required that I sign some sort of permission for. Needless to say, I left the personal, sensitive information section blank. When I was called for my interview, I was escorted back with the interview representative who seemed extremely young and nervous. It was almost as if O.S.U. was conducting some sort of psychology controlled experiment. The office where I was interviewed was sparsely furnished and as I glanced around, the interviewer must have noticed and was quick to mention that the office was in the process of being renovated. The interview itself consisted of some very basic questions such as, " What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?" and "Why are you interested in Walker M. & C.?" The young interviewer seemed as nervous as me (although I was really more entertained at what a joke this all was at this point and thinking about the gas I wasted coming here) and had very little to say when asked why the company had no review by the Better Business Bureau. I was told that the next step in the interview process would be the "field interview day" and I would be contacted later in the week if I seemed like a good candidate. I was never contacted so I guess that I did not make the cut, however, I honestly did not follow up either since I had such a bad feeling about this company and thought that this might be a scam of some nature.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Walker Marketing and Consultants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walker Marketing and Consultants Marketing Associate interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Walker Marketing and Consultants employees and interview candidates.