Walking Company Holdings

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Business Manager Interview

Store Business Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walking Company Holdings in December 2010.

Interview Details – They missed the first interview that was set up. The next one was done by someone not used to interviewing anyone. Talked more about company than asked questions of me.

Interview Question – Basic questions of why do you want to work for The Walking Company? What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation accepted

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walking Company Holdings in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had a brief phone interview with a set up for a face to face interview a few days later. When I walked into the store I was greeted by the store manager, where I immediately felt a great vibe from her presence. I'm all about vibes. Later to find out she was as well. This particular Walking Company is located inside of a mall, so we stepped outside of the store to a seated area. It was a pretty straight forward interview where I was asked a little more about my background and work history. Then she went on to tell me a little about hers. The store manager had only been with the company for about 3 weeks so she was fairly new as well. It felt more like a conversation with a long lost friend rather than an interview. It was the best interviewing experience I have ever experienced actually. Not like a employer asking you questions from a print out. Very natural.

Interview Question – There was no difficult nor unexpected question.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Business Manager Interview

Assistant Store Business Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walking Company Holdings.

Interview Details – I was not asked any questions really. The manager met me near my current job for a relaxed meeting. He had no papers with him, didn't ask for my resume and said the "interview" was just a formality as he was very desperate to fill the position. I was (obviously) offered a job I accepted.

Interview Question – There were no questions at all, that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Designer

Interviewed at Walking Company Holdings

Interview Details – Basic interview process.

Interview Question – Really the interviewer did all the talking and did not ask me any questions?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walking Company Holdings in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online by sending a cover letter describing why I would be a great fit for the company along with my updated resume. I got a call a few days later asking for me to come in for interview. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – none of the questions were really difficult. The interview was more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walking Company Holdings in August 2013.

Interview Details – I met the store manager at 9:00, I showed up early and we started early. She talked about my previous jobs and work history. She asked me about myself and how comfortable I am with climbing and bending. My Interview was at 9:00am and was about 20 minutes long. I received a call and offer by 1:00 pm

Interview Question – What sets me apart?
Who was my best manager and why?
  Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walking Company Holdings in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was actually solicited for the opportunity. The interview itself was a long one with several pages of questions. Dress professionally, and telling them that this is a career for you (with interest in advancement) rather than just a job is a huge sell. Can't hurt to mention a story about personal initiative or motivating others either. HAVE INSTANCES PREPARED.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to handle a difficult situation, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the pay. They offered a base of like $9.00 plus commission, but with my experience and skills I explained that I was worth more. This was over a series of phone calls with my hiring manager and her manager, but I was able to secure what I told was the cap, at $10.00/hr + commission.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Escondido, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walking Company Holdings.

Interview Details – I was recruted...very easy

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Lincolnton, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walking Company Holdings in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very poor phone interview, the interview was held by a SVP of logistics and a Director of distribution, the Director was late for the phone interview and both had no clue about call center culture infrastructure etc.

The second interview was basically The Walking Company executives talking about how great they are, they appeared to have an overwhelming need for positive affirmation regarding their operations. There was negative talk about the current manager in that role, this was very inappropriate and most unprofessional.

The third and final interview was with a remote director and same SVP of logistics who asked basic leadership questions. It was clear that the two had different agenda's, the Director from corporate was concerned about developing employees and generating revenue, the SVP ( who is on site) was more focused on how the team would be kept in control.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question; "How do you handle drama in the workplace?"   View Answer
  • Why aren't you considering employment at a lager company in the Charlotte area?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Panama City Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walking Company Holdings in July 2011.

Interview Details – All over the phone within 10 minutes

Negotiation Details – Simply, you're the new manager

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Walking Company Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walking Company Holdings interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walking Company Holdings employees and interview candidates.