Wall Street Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.3

Build and Release Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wall Street Systems in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was held in four rounds .. First was an aptitude test ,, This was followed by a technical test .. Then there was a one to one with a senior manager and finally one with the director

Interview Questions

• Have you ever solved a tech problem using your imagination? If yes , how?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wall Street Systems (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. A day later, he setup an interview. Met with HR rep first. Very nice person. Talked about the culture and how many people have been at this firm for a long time. Some about my experience and how it fit the position. Second interview was with the hiring manager. Very personable person. Interview went well. However, the recruiter sent me for the PM role and the position I was interviewing for was a Sr BA role. Asked one question which was probably "the test". "How do you price a derivative." Apparently, this must have been specific to the position. Recommend you prepare and know this in advance. High quality firm. You should be flexible to travel widely. Recruiter told me they had an extensive interview process in "October", with 10-15 people in the interview process and they did not hire anyone from this. Please draw your own conclusions!!!

Interview Questions

• How do you price a derivative.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wall Street Systems (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

They first call me for ph interview and then face to face interview. In the face to face interview they interviewed me about 2 hours and asked each single detail of the job and other programming, agile, SQL and UNIX based questions. I have answered all the questions except the networking questions which was not the requirement of the job but still they asked me and i said i have general knowledge of networking but not in detailed. So they reject me which was quite strange.

Business Consultant Interview

Interview

It was fairly quick and the process did not require multiple levels of interviews. I did meet with potential colleagues and bosses during a single session and I was taken out for lunch.

Interview Questions

• There was really nothing unexpected as far as what I was asked.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wall Street Systems (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied directly to the hiring manager who posted on my university department's website. 2 weeks after I submitted my application, I was invited to the phone interview. Mostly behavioral questions, took 1 hour. Interviewer (who was the hiring manager) was very friendly. Was invited to in-person interview by the end of phone interview. In person interview was scheduled 4 weeks into application. It was a 3 hour process: 1) Over the web interview with London manager 2) Over the phone interview with HR 3) Discussion with hiring manager and Vancouver office manager 4) Panel interview by 2 other business analysts Topics were mostly behavioral but also involve technical expertise such as software development life cycles, and the random financial question. Received a verbal offer 1 week after the in-person interview. HR department is understaffed so it took them 4 weeks after verbal offer to send me the written offer. (Did give me a scare as I was wondering if they had a sudden hiring freeze)

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between spot and forward exchange rate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR did not offer negotiation on salary.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wall Street Systems (Prague (Czech Republic)) in March 2013.

Interview

The first round consists of a technical test, you have approx. one hour to answer on paper. Then, the interviewers ( I had two) go through it and discusses with you. Then there is a short interview with the manager telling you a bit about the position and the company. If you pass, the second round is a 24-hour programming excercise. At a predefined date and time you get an email with the assignment and you have 24 hours to deliver the solution. If you pass, the third round is a bit technical interview with director manager from France. An HR interview follows. Here I failed, they preferred another candidate. Although they offer competitive salary, what I was surprised about was the fixed working hours from 9-6.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult, but everybody (except HR :) asks about outer joins in sql   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wall Street Systems (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

First phone interview and then in-person interview with 4 people for 2 hours, which is very technical type. and then the phone interview with the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked to write coding in the white board, which I wasn't expecting at that time.   Answer Question

Stage en développement de logiciel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biot, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wall Street Systems (Biot, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)) in December 2012.

Interview

Premièrement nous avons eu une entrevue qui a été vraiment difficile (questions liées aux HR), puis une seconde entrevue dans leur bureau. Cette dernière fut plus technique. J'ai rencontré deux personnes lors de la première entrevue, puis quatre personnes lors de la deuxième. Ils accordent beaucoup d'importance à la présentation, donc adaptez-vous. Leur processus d'acceptation interne peut être long. Nous étions beaucoup d'étudiants, peu ont été recontactés après la première entrevue.

First we had an interview that was really difficult (HR related questions), then a second interview in their office. The latter was more technical. I met 2 people on the first interview, then 4 people on the second one. They really care about the presentation, so suit up. Their internal acceptation process may be long. We were a lot of students, few were re-contacted after the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Qu'est-ce qu'un motif en losange ?   What is a diamond pattern ?   1 Answer

Le processus d'acceptation a été long.

Acceptation process was long.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wall Street Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Two interviews process, the process was ok overall got the typical technical questions about troubleshooting, had to do a english and reasoning test. The interviewers are friendly enough and the technical manager knows is stuff. The process overall isn't stressful but you have to be confident in your answers.

Interview Questions

• You have made a change to something and immediately there was network issues what would you do.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wall Street Systems in January 2011.

Interview

The initial round was a telephonic interview with the Senior Manager over the phone, post which a 1:1 interview was scheduled with the same person and a junior project manager after 4 days. Though the feedback had not come even after 10 days. The agency kept stating that an outright rejection would follow immediately, but feedback on hold could mean positive for me. The interview process was one of the toughest one I had ever attended.