Wall Street Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wall Street Systems in January 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter. A day later, he setup an interview. Met with HR rep first. Very nice person. Talked about the culture and how many people have been at this firm for a long time. Some about my experience and how it fit the position.

Second interview was with the hiring manager. Very personable person. Interview went well. However, the recruiter sent me for the PM role and the position I was interviewing for was a Sr BA role.

Asked one question which was probably "the test". "How do you price a derivative." Apparently, this must have been specific to the position. Recommend you prepare and know this in advance.

High quality firm. You should be flexible to travel widely.

Recruiter told me they had an extensive interview process in "October", with 10-15 people in the interview process and they did not hire anyone from this. Please draw your own conclusions!!!

Interview Question – How do you price a derivative.   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wall Street Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interview with line manager,Department head and General Manager .There was also written test comprised of English,Reasoning and mathematics.

Interview Question – Not any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Wall Street Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied directly to the hiring manager who posted on my university department's website.

2 weeks after I submitted my application, I was invited to the phone interview. Mostly behavioral questions, took 1 hour. Interviewer (who was the hiring manager) was very friendly. Was invited to in-person interview by the end of phone interview.

In person interview was scheduled 4 weeks into application. It was a 3 hour process:
1) Over the web interview with London manager
2) Over the phone interview with HR
3) Discussion with hiring manager and Vancouver office manager
4) Panel interview by 2 other business analysts
Topics were mostly behavioral but also involve technical expertise such as software development life cycles, and the random financial question.

Received a verbal offer 1 week after the in-person interview. HR department is understaffed so it took them 4 weeks after verbal offer to send me the written offer. (Did give me a scare as I was wondering if they had a sudden hiring freeze)

Interview Question – What's the difference between spot and forward exchange rate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR did not offer negotiation on salary.

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wall Street Systems in March 2013.

Interview Details – The first round consists of a technical test, you have approx. one hour to answer on paper. Then, the interviewers ( I had two) go through it and discusses with you. Then there is a short interview with the manager telling you a bit about the position and the company.
If you pass, the second round is a 24-hour programming excercise. At a predefined date and time you get an email with the assignment and you have 24 hours to deliver the solution.
If you pass, the third round is a bit technical interview with director manager from France. An HR interview follows. Here I failed, they preferred another candidate.

Although they offer competitive salary, what I was surprised about was the fixed working hours from 9-6.

Interview Question – Not really difficult, but everybody (except HR :) asks about outer joins in sql   Answer Question

Software Developer Internship Interview

Software Developer Internship
Sophia Antipolis (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wall Street Systems in December 2012.

Interview Details – First we had an interview that was really difficult (HR related questions), then a second interview in their office. The latter was more technical. I met 2 people on the first interview, then 4 people on the second one. They really care about the presentation, so suit up. Their internal acceptation process may be long. We were a lot of students, few were re-contacted after the first interview.

Interview Question – What is a diamond pattern ?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Acceptation process was long.

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wall Street Systems in December 2012.

Interview Details – First phone interview and then in-person interview with 4 people for 2 hours, which is very technical type. and then the phone interview with the HR manager.

Interview Question – They asked to write coding in the white board, which I wasn't expecting at that time.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wall Street Systems in January 2011.

Interview Details – The initial round was a telephonic interview with the Senior Manager over the phone, post which a 1:1 interview was scheduled with the same person and a junior project manager after 4 days. Though the feedback had not come even after 10 days. The agency kept stating that an outright rejection would follow immediately, but feedback on hold could mean positive for me. The interview process was one of the toughest one I had ever attended.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wall Street Systems in November 2010.

Interview Details – I went through a staffing agency. The guy at the agency kept reminding me that the company is known for delaying results. However, I didn't find the process that slow.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   Answer Question

Worked for Wall Street Systems? Contribute to the Community!