I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2010.
Interview Details – I applied on internet. She called back the same week but i missed her call and she wasn't hiring anymore once i ended up reaching her. So don't miss her call! She called me back the week after for an interview. It was a 2 part interview with the same two people in both. The first part she asked questions on holes in my work history, Tons of questions, examples of when you provided good customer service, you need to have a whole bunch of work related stories in your head ready. The second part, they re ask the questions that you didn't answer in enough detail. They hired me on the spot.
Interview Question – Holes in work history Answer Question
Very Easy Interview
I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.
Interview Details – Applied online. Called the office and they set me up with an appt. Interviewed with 2 different people who asked basically the same questions. I noticed alot of the employees were tatooed.
Interview Question – What situation were you in in a previous job that you could use to make an important decision Answer Question
Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I had been out of the work force for years so I just took minimum
Very Easy Interview
I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in December 2010.
Interview Details – I applied online and didn't hear anything, so I called the store and spoke to personnel. They asked me to come in for an interview that day, so I went in and was interviewed by three separate people, and asked to do a cashier test (an evaluation on customer service). I did the test, and was brought back and offered the position, signed the paperwork and was given the drug test info. I went for the drug test and it came back, but they haven't called my references as of yet (it's been a week) so I am still waiting to hear what will happen.
Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer and what were the results. Answer Question
I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2010.
Interview Details – 2 day 3 panel interview of situations that i have experienced my reactions the outcomes my opinions and wanted specific events
Interview Question – how can u answer questions as a event once happened when they are every day practices of common courtesy & career professionalism . Answer Question
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2009.
Interview Details – Considering the job that I was applying for the interview was a bit intimidating. The interviewers tried to make it a non-threatening process, but there were three of them asking fairly probing questions. Not the typical questions you'd expect like "how do you feel you could contribute to our company", but more like "Site a time when a someone from a team that you were not on - either at work or outside of work - helped you with a problem and how that influenced you and that other person. What was the outcome and how did the experience influence you future performance?" When I applied for the job initially I was looking for an entry-level job with some security and room for advancement, so I indicated on the application that I was interested in a wide range of positions. The job for which I was interviewing was 'instock' which it turns out is Wal-Mart speak for unloading trucks. That is fine. A foot in the door is a foot in the door. The experience since has been less than rewarding unfortunately.
Interview Question – Name a time when you saw a problem and what you did to solve that problem. What was the result and how did affect you and others who were effected by the problem. Be as specific as possible. View Answer
Negotiation Details – Negotiations were not an issue. You take what they offer or you don't. The pay is the pay - period.
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.
Interview Details – Very simple. I was asked the same basic questions over & over worded slightly differently. The online application process is a long one.
Negotiation Details – There was none.
I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.
Interview Details – First interviewed by nice lady that asked 5 of the "describe a time" question. Then interviewed by two guys. One asked 4 more of the "describe a time" questions while the other one watched me like a hawk.
Some questions would be:
1) Describe a time where you identified a small problem and fixed it before it became a major problem, and what was the situation, and whatkind of steps did you take to solve the problem?
2) Describe a time where you have effectively resolved another person's request. What was the situation and what kinds of information did you gather to help assist in resolving this request?
3) Tell me about a time where you sucessfully completed a project or task. What was the situation, what steps did you take to make sure the project or task was done and was completed on time?
4) Describe a time when you had a challenging assignment. What steps did you take to complete it, and how did you determine what steps to meet, what steps you needed to complete the assignment?
5) Describe a time where you effectively communicated your opinion to another person who disagreed with you, and what steps did you take to communicate your opinion?
6) Decribe a time where you solved a problem, what steps did you take to fix the problem, what was the problem, what information did you gather to help solve the problem, who did you involve, and why. How was the problem impacting your ability to complete your work and what was the outcome?
7) Sometimes we have to deal with people who are challenging. To example, who are difficult or angry. Describe a time you sucessfully helped someone who was challenging. Why was the person challenging, how did you help the person, what questions did you ask, who did you involve, what was the person's reaction to the help you provided, and what if any would you do differently next time?
8) Describe a time where you had to complete several assignments at the same time, what steps did you take to complete these assignments, how did you ensure the assignment was done correctly and on time while maintaining a focus on quality. What was the outcome?
9) Tell me a time when you created a plan to successfully complete multiple work tasks, whatsteps did you take to plan and complete the work assignment, what information did you consider, what standards or guidelines did you use, who did you involve, how did you know that you had successfully completed the task, what did you learn from the situation that you could apply to others?
I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in September 2009.
Interview Details – There were three people interviewing me. That made it a little bit strange, as
I have never been interviewed by more then one person at a time. The questions were easy, but strange.
Interview Question – Name a time when you solved a diffucult problem? Answer Question
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.
Interview Details – after interviewing with customer service manager, he told me, to wait and someone else would interview me too. Came out about 20 min later and said they would just call me for the 2nd interview. I didnt do well, questions were redundant and I had bad answers I guess. No call yet
Interview Question – Describe a time when you were crunched for time, how did you alot your time to best perform the task? View Answer
I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in December 2009.
Interview Details – General interview questions like: "Describe a time ...., What does customer service mean to you..."
Interviewers dressed casually - khaki pants and navy shirts; requirement is khaki/brown pants and navy top; there is no requirement for shoe color. Interview took place in a training in front of people coming and going.
Interview Question – Describe a time you had difficulty with a customer/client and how did you resolve it? [Something similar to that question] Answer Question
Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. They simply make an offer and you chose to accept or not.
Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… — Full Overview
Provided by employer [?]
This is the employer's chance to tell you why you should work for them. The information provided is from their perspective.
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
The difficulty rating is the average interview difficulty rating across all interview candidates.
The interview experience is the percentage of all interview candidates that said their interview experience was positive, neutral, or negative.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a recent interview experience or current/former employer. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –