Walmart Any Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Plains, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (West Plains, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Kind and understanding management that helped me get to know my workplace better. Explained the working conditions, and how to act to represent Walmart correctly. They ask you a few questions; such as: have you ever been convicted of a felony, are or were you ever excessively violent before, how do you work with others, what do you have an interest in if you are to work here, and it's pretty much the same thing as any other job interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sedalia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Sedalia, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

Three interviews, two in one day. The manager who first interviewed me, wanted to hire me on the spot, but I had to meet with two other managers to be offered a position. The third manager was a jerk because I was a woman and thought I was lying about my experience. I told him to check my references to be sure. He did and removed his foot from his mouth as the other two managers told him they had done the same. I was hired regardless of his opinions. And that is why Walmart has three managers interview potential hires.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Junction City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart (Junction City, KS) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online and didn't hear anything, so I called the store and spoke to personnel. They asked me to come in for an interview that day, so I went in and was interviewed by three separate people, and asked to do a cashier test (an evaluation on customer service). I did the test, and was brought back and offered the position, signed the paperwork and was given the drug test info. I went for the drug test and it came back, but they haven't called my references as of yet (it's been a week) so I am still waiting to hear what will happen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer and what were the results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Salisbury, MD) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied on internet. She called back the same week but i missed her call and she wasn't hiring anymore once i ended up reaching her. So don't miss her call! She called me back the week after for an interview. It was a 2 part interview with the same two people in both. The first part she asked questions on holes in my work history, Tons of questions, examples of when you provided good customer service, you need to have a whole bunch of work related stories in your head ready. The second part, they re ask the questions that you didn't answer in enough detail. They hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Arlington, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

2 day 3 panel interview of situations that i have experienced my reactions the outcomes my opinions and wanted specific events

Interview Questions

• how can u answer questions as a event once happened when they are every day practices of common courtesy & career professionalism .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Clifton Park, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Called the office and they set me up with an appt. Interviewed with 2 different people who asked basically the same questions. I noticed alot of the employees were tatooed.

Interview Questions

• What situation were you in in a previous job that you could use to make an important decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I had been out of the work force for years so I just took minimum

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart in May 2009.

Interview

Considering the job that I was applying for the interview was a bit intimidating. The interviewers tried to make it a non-threatening process, but there were three of them asking fairly probing questions. Not the typical questions you'd expect like "how do you feel you could contribute to our company", but more like "Site a time when a someone from a team that you were not on - either at work or outside of work - helped you with a problem and how that influenced you and that other person. What was the outcome and how did the experience influence you future performance?" When I applied for the job initially I was looking for an entry-level job with some security and room for advancement, so I indicated on the application that I was interested in a wide range of positions. The job for which I was interviewing was 'instock' which it turns out is Wal-Mart speak for unloading trucks. That is fine. A foot in the door is a foot in the door. The experience since has been less than rewarding unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you saw a problem and what you did to solve that problem. What was the result and how did affect you and others who were effected by the problem. Be as specific as possible.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were not an issue. You take what they offer or you don't. The pay is the pay - period.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Interview

First interviewed by nice lady that asked 5 of the "describe a time" question. Then interviewed by two guys. One asked 4 more of the "describe a time" questions while the other one watched me like a hawk.
    Some questions would be:

1) Describe a time where you identified a small problem and fixed it before it became a major problem, and what was the situation, and whatkind of steps did you take to solve the problem?

2) Describe a time where you have effectively resolved another person's request. What was the situation and what kinds of information did you gather to help assist in resolving this request?

3) Tell me about a time where you sucessfully completed a project or task. What was the situation, what steps did you take to make sure the project or task was done and was completed on time?

4) Describe a time when you had a challenging assignment. What steps did you take to complete it, and how did you determine what steps to meet, what steps you needed to complete the assignment?

5) Describe a time where you effectively communicated your opinion to another person who disagreed with you, and what steps did you take to communicate your opinion?

6) Decribe a time where you solved a problem, what steps did you take to fix the problem, what was the problem, what information did you gather to help solve the problem, who did you involve, and why. How was the problem impacting your ability to complete your work and what was the outcome?

7) Sometimes we have to deal with people who are challenging. To example, who are difficult or angry. Describe a time you sucessfully helped someone who was challenging. Why was the person challenging, how did you help the person, what questions did you ask, who did you involve, what was the person's reaction to the help you provided, and what if any would you do differently next time?

8) Describe a time where you had to complete several assignments at the same time, what steps did you take to complete these assignments, how did you ensure the assignment was done correctly and on time while maintaining a focus on quality. What was the outcome?

9) Tell me a time when you created a plan to successfully complete multiple work tasks, whatsteps did you take to plan and complete the work assignment, what information did you consider, what standards or guidelines did you use, who did you involve, how did you know that you had successfully completed the task, what did you learn from the situation that you could apply to others?

Interview Questions

• Sometimes extra help is needed during difficult times. Describe a time where you offered extra help during a difficult time, what made you offer extra help, and how did your help improve the situation?   Answer Question
    • Even though we know you should always be curtious, it can be hard in a tense situation. Describe a time when you found it hard being curtious to someone, what made the situation difficult, and how did your actions effect the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question
    • There are rules for everything we do. Tell me about a time when you thought it was important to follow a rule. Why was it important to follow this rule, and how did following this rule effect others?   Answer Question
    • Sometimes quality can be sacrificed when we are in a hurry. Tell me about a time when youhad to work really fast and expected to maintain high quality in your work. How did you change what you were doing to get more done, how did working faster affect the quality of your work?   Answer Question
    • There are time when you have to work as a team to get things completed. Describe a time where you had to work with several people to get something completed, what issues came from having several people working on the same thing, and what part did you play to reach your goal?   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview

after interviewing with customer service manager, he told me, to wait and someone else would interview me too. Came out about 20 min later and said they would just call me for the 2nd interview. I didnt do well, questions were redundant and I had bad answers I guess. No call yet

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were crunched for time, how did you alot your time to best perform the task?   1 Answer

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview

Very simple. I was asked the same basic questions over & over worded slightly differently. The online application process is a long one.

Negotiation

There was none.