Walmart Area Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

3.4

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

There is a 2 part interview process that have to do with past work related questions. They can select up to 6 people, then after the first interview narrow it down to 2 or 3. They ask you 6 types of questions such as judgment etc.

Negotiation

No. It's set and they won't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

there are 3 interviews first is phone interview where they ask average management interview question second interview is a phone interview with an ops manager where they ask about experience and background in management and dealing with people. third is an in person interview with AGM, GM and HR manager where they as you your expectations and salary expectation and some general management interview questions

Interview Questions

• give a project that you have been in charge of and the steps you took to complete this project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sealy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Sealy, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very bad interview. Panel Interview members were rude, and did not seem interested in learning more about my experience. Read questions out of a print out that was given to them by HR. I was told that college degrees were not importan to do the job. Overall, a very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself. Why are you applying to Walmart? Tell me about a challenge that you had with your supervisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very conversational. Almost laid back. One on one interview. Followed by online application. Invited to come tour the facility, and conducted another face to face. At that time, an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to facilitate change...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very strict on salary offer. Was still able to negotiate to the higher end of the initial pay scale.

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinsville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Hopkinsville, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was base off STARS platform. The Ops manager, HR Manager, and AGM wanted specific examples of how the candidate resolved operational situations. The interview questions were concise and very effective according to area manager opportunity. The interviewers were very nice and seem very concern with their associates well being. The managers were well mannered and very professional. The process will run smoothly as long you are prepared to explain specific examples of how you execute operational duties and convey policies to your employees at pervius job experiences. Overall a great interview experience and I believe I know the expectations they are looking for in an area manager at Walmart Distribution Center.

Interview Questions

• Give an specific operational task you had to rely to your associates to complete?   Answer Question
    • What were that looking for in an area manager?   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from one of the HR managers to set up an interview. Interview was with 2 HR managers and included around 9 situation based questions. Followed all suggestions I found online and used the STAR format to answer. Was told I would hear next week the results. I received a call the next day setting up a "final" interview. It was a very similar interview using similar questions, however this time it was with the general manager and assistant general manager. Both interviews were very tough and would have been devastating without studying and practice. Even with all the prep I found them both very difficult, though everyone involved was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to influence a group to adapt to a change in operational procedures. Were you met with any resistance and how did you overcome it? Please be specific.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Lunas, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Los Lunas, NM) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line. Got a call from the Wal-Mart DC at Los Lunas, NM. The interview a 3-on-1. 9 difficult questions on a STAR behavioral and analytical format were asked.

Interview Questions

• Did you education grow at work? Tell us why- how did your education helped others? A simple "no" or "yes" is not good enough. And then they asked questions about drugs...   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

There were 2 interviews for me to become a manager. I have had numerous interviews in my time with Walmart and each of the questions boils down to 3 things they are looking for. 1) Give a specific example of the situation the question is asking about, don't be general or vague. 2) Give a detailed accounting of your role in the situation. 3) Provide a resolution as a result of your role in the situation.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to do a difficult task because it was the most ethical thing to do.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buckeye, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Buckeye, AZ).

Interview

There will be at least two interviews sometimes 3. The first with HR manager, then with a panel of ops or assistant General manager or general manager. There will usually be almost a week in between interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with a co-worker and how did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Applied online, initial process took about 6 weeks. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and refrain from asking anything off of the script they are given. Does not allow the interviewer to really get to know who you are, what your accomplishments are, and what your goals are. Despite being awarded a position, the whole process seems very biased.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an integrity related situation.   1 Answer