Walmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

AFDP Interview

AFDP
Bentonville, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication came from networking with fellow alumni. After that, I received an interview down at their Headquarters, which was behavior based, and then the following week I received an offer. The actual interview was with two directors, and they were very engaging interviewers. I got a full tour of the whole facility on top of it.

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable.

Director Interview

Director
Bentonville, AR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – This was the most professional hiring experience I've ever gone through. Everything was quick, transparent and painless. I was flown in first class. Put up in a hotel with a rental car. Had meals paid for. After I put in my application I was contacts about 8 hours later. There after I had an initial screening interview where we talked about salary and expectations. From there I talked with the hiring manager. Within a few hours I received and mail mentioning that they would like to fly me out to interview and meet the team. I had a really good experience while in Bentonville. The first night I went out to dinner with the hiring manager - he came to my hotel and picked me up. The next day I meet about 5 senior people within the capacity - all were really nice. The hiring manager and I went to lunch with another one of the capacity leaders and talked about the work, but also current events. Later that day I got a tour with in the area from a real-estate agent who was really nice and showed me around NWA - both in terms of buying/renting a house/flat. Very impressed with everyone in the entire process.

Interview Question – I work in a niche field, and am a bit of a leader in it despite being under 30. The most difficult thing isn't the questions, it's always figuring out what people know or what's relevant to the person you are talking with. Some know a lot, other not too much about the technical details. This is how the job is, so being able to empathize is key for the the interview as well as the job itself. I think showing that you can empathize with professionals as well as non-sector personnel is key.. As always   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Got an email that wanted to clarify what it would take money wise for me to get me to Arkansas. Initially I was a bit confused because in the first interview we went over monetary stuff - which was good. I gave my two cents mentioning how I thought it was comparable to market rates and was happy with the amount, although in some markets I could get a bit more. They came back with a formal offer that was about 12% higher than the number initially discussed so I was pleased about that.

Ecommerce Interview

Ecommerce
Bentonville, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process is pretty standard. You'll have a typical pre-screen with an HR representative with typical questions like why were you interested in this position, why do you want to leave your current role. Then it proceeds to another HR rep. From there it moved to interview with Hiring Manager. Then final interview with a group of peers and senior level staff. It went fast enough, but not too rapid fire.

Interview Question – No difficult questions that I can think of. Some interviewers use the behavior based interviewing techniques.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room to negotiate salary and the relocation benefits,healthcare, salary, stock, vacation were all locked in stone with no negotiation. No severance package could be negotiated and neither could a sign on bonus. However, when the housing market went south, senior leaders were flexible and fair.

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Planner Interview

Financial Planner
Bentonville, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Original on boarding took me approx. 3 months and multiple interviews. Must work through recruiting and interview at least twice before being offered an entry level position. To move up into a management position you must then interview with a panel made up of 3-4 managers, including the hiring manager for the position being applied for.

Interview Question – In general questions are long, multiple questions, and they require VERY detailed explanations including actual metrics and numbers in the instance you choose.
Ex. (Actual interview question)
Describe a time when you managed an area that was not achieving the necessary results. What did you to ensure the accomplishment of critical goals?
*What results were not being achieved?
*What did you do that succeeded? What didn't?
*How did you measure success?
*What was the outcome?
*How did you sustain this level of performance over time?
  Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview - phone screen. Next - GreenJobs interview which is like an interview over Skype. Next, flown into Bentonville to interview at the Home Office. Round-robin interviews with 8 different people from 9am to 5pm.

Interview Question – nothing was really unexpected. seemed to look for more of a cultural fit and ability to work with others than completely dependant on experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not a whole lot of negotiation. got the salary I desired. asked for 3 weeks vacation and got it!

Senior Manager Finance & Strategy Interview

Senior Manager Finance & Strategy
Bentonville, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in November 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was conducted on campus. It consisted of a straightforward case question (much easier than consulting) that presented a retail-oriented situation, and required lots of "retail math". They then asked lots of behavioral questions. Once on site, there was also a presentation to do in front of a panel of VPs.

Interview Question – Case presentation at HQ.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was through on campus recruiting, only the relocation package was negotiable.

Intern - Realty Management Graduate Position Interview

Intern - Realty Management Graduate Position
Bentonville, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Submitted application and then was sent a Greenjob Interview, which is essentially a pre-screen that the hiring managers review and then decide on who they want to extend a live Greenjob interview/in-person interview to. Don't worry about the in-person interview unless you live in the area. They make decisions following the live Greenjob/in-person interview.

Interview Question – Very straightforward questions about your past experiences and how they fit into the role you're applying for. They may ask you something that your experience may not specifically fit into, but they're looking for you to adapt what experience you do have to fit the mold of that particular question.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Hot Springs, AR

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position during night, and the following day I was contacted by one of the managers to schedule a interview that same day. I spoke to three different managers throughout the entire process; the first asked me scenario questions, the second asked experience questions, and the third did paperwork with me. The total Q & A process took about an hour.

I was then informed I had to take a drug test within 24 hours, and two days after the interview I would have job orientation.

Interview Question – Please describe a time when you were assigned multiple assignments due at the same time and how you decided to complete the assignments   View Answer

Associate Buyer Interview

Associate Buyer
Bentonville, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR to schedule an interview, and than was emailed to confirm the time and also received prep material for the panel interview. I sat down with 3 team members and was asked a serious of question pertaining to situations that could possibly occur. After, I was informed by email about the job offer, not by phone call.

Interview Question – How would you answer a question asked by a superior from another department that you did not know the answer to.   View Answer

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

Interview Details – Enjoyable. They flew me into Bentonville AR from DFW TX, provided accommodations and rental car. Two interviews over the course of two weeks. Met with Creative Director first, other copywriters second. Wanted a wide range of writing samples. Very concerned about meeting tight deadlines. Wanted the ability to write for several different departments, i.e internal and external clients.

Interview Question – Would you be interested, do you have experience in training junior writers to fill your position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a very attractive salary and benefit package. Considerably more than what I was expecting. They never asked what my requirements were before they made the offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart interview questions and advice in Arkansas. All 88 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.