Walmart Asset Protection Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2013.

Applied online
Got a call a couple days later
I went in for the interview (Standard questions)
Was told I will be notified if I will be hired in the next two weeks
While driving back home, the AP manager called and asked if I could return.
When I got there she offered me the position and I went to take my drug test
Withing 5 days I started working.

No Negotiating

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in November 2010.

The hiring was process was pretty simple. The application is entered through a kiosk inside any store in which you can choose what store or position you are applying for. I have to admit that the background check took sometime though. Other than that very easy, comfortable and satisfying. Wonderful job.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

It was so informal they had 3 different assacaies ask me different type of questions. they the other APA asked me some more questions. Then personal asked me few question and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • Everything is informal they need you more then you need them trust you   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

I was invited in to give an interview, wore a suit (that was more than unneeded, even the applicants there wear t-shirts) and went in. Talked about asset protection, what it was, what they were looking for in a candidate, how the department is structured and what it's focuses were, and how training works.

Interview Questions
    • At the end, I was 'asked' one question only, "Oh, you mentioned you have family that works here? You can't work for us."   View Answer

Asset Protection Associate Interview

I went through the interview that I had gone through before

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in March 2013.

I attended a recruiting event hosted by the Market Manager for the store I ended up working in. I applied online the same day of the event. After about a week, maybe 2, I got a call from the personnel office for the store I applied to asking me to come in for an interview. The interview included the Asset Protection Manager and an Asset Protection Associate who had been on the job for a while. The questions came from a sheet and were pretty formulaic. After the interview, I was told that I would either get a call back or I wouldn't. Luckily, within a week I got a call telling me to come in for a drug test and sign consent for a background investigation. Once that was complete (background investigation), after about another week, I was called back in to begin orientation.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to identify a situation during my previous job experience, where I was given multiple tasks to complete within a set amount of time, and then tell how I completed the tasks.   Answer Question
    The was no negotiation. Wal-Mart has a scale they use to determine starting pay based on your store location, job title, previous work experience, special skills and education. Take it or leave it.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in January 2011.

Generally after the application process you will receive a phone call for an interview with the asset protection manager and store manager at the same time. You will be asked situAtional questions, just answer by life experience. You will then get a second call generally within 2 weeks if you get the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part is that all the questions require detailed long answers.   View Answer
    You cant change the pay but i was able yo make my own schedule.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Minimum requirements are that you need to have been working for Walmart for at least 6 months. Once you apply for the transfer to A.P, you will have 3 interviews. One with the A.P Manager, one with the hiring manager, AP manager and AP Ops Manager. If you passed both interviews then you get one more with the HR coordinator and 2 separate Ops Managers.

Interview Questions
    • Name one instance in which your manager gave you an order but you did not follow it due to it being against company regulations, rules and/or policy.   View Answer
    No real negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

I had one interview with the Asset Protection Coordinator and then I met with the Store Manager (as a courtesy) before the APC offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Just like most other places during an interview. They will ask for your strengths and weaknesses and the typical, give me a scenario when....   Answer Question
    They enter all your experience and education into a system that will prompt what they can offer you in order to keep it fair across the board. I was told that I was offered the most that anyone could get. (not sure if that was true or not)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in January 2013.

I went through one interview with the Asset Protection Manager and the Market Asset Protection Manager together. They asked me about things on the application and basic situation questions that any retail store position will ask. I was called in the next day and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you completed a successful project. Would you change how you handled the project?   Answer Question

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!