Walmart

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – I went through the interview that I had gone through before

Interview Question – They all are pretty basic scenario questions   Answer Question

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in March 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a recruiting event hosted by the Market Manager for the store I ended up working in. I applied online the same day of the event. After about a week, maybe 2, I got a call from the personnel office for the store I applied to asking me to come in for an interview. The interview included the Asset Protection Manager and an Asset Protection Associate who had been on the job for a while. The questions came from a sheet and were pretty formulaic. After the interview, I was told that I would either get a call back or I wouldn't. Luckily, within a week I got a call telling me to come in for a drug test and sign consent for a background investigation. Once that was complete (background investigation), after about another week, I was called back in to begin orientation.

Interview Question – I was asked to identify a situation during my previous job experience, where I was given multiple tasks to complete within a set amount of time, and then tell how I completed the tasks.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The was no negotiation. Wal-Mart has a scale they use to determine starting pay based on your store location, job title, previous work experience, special skills and education. Take it or leave it.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in January 2011.

Interview Details – Generally after the application process you will receive a phone call for an interview with the asset protection manager and store manager at the same time. You will be asked situAtional questions, just answer by life experience. You will then get a second call generally within 2 weeks if you get the job.

Interview Question – The most difficult part is that all the questions require detailed long answers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You cant change the pay but i was able yo make my own schedule.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Minimum requirements are that you need to have been working for Walmart for at least 6 months. Once you apply for the transfer to A.P, you will have 3 interviews. One with the A.P Manager, one with the hiring manager, AP manager and AP Ops Manager. If you passed both interviews then you get one more with the HR coordinator and 2 separate Ops Managers.

Interview Question – Name one instance in which your manager gave you an order but you did not follow it due to it being against company regulations, rules and/or policy.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the Asset Protection Coordinator and then I met with the Store Manager (as a courtesy) before the APC offered me the position.

Interview Question – Just like most other places during an interview. They will ask for your strengths and weaknesses and the typical, give me a scenario when....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They enter all your experience and education into a system that will prompt what they can offer you in order to keep it fair across the board. I was told that I was offered the most that anyone could get. (not sure if that was true or not)

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in January 2013.

Interview Details – I went through one interview with the Asset Protection Manager and the Market Asset Protection Manager together. They asked me about things on the application and basic situation questions that any retail store position will ask. I was called in the next day and offered the job.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you completed a successful project. Would you change how you handled the project?   Answer Question

Springfield, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed through APM, then through a panel of 3 people, then the store manager.

Interview Question – What's the most challenging decision you had that dealt with an unsatisfied customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay rate was the biggest concern, but came to a somewhat satisfactory rate to "start" with.

White Marsh, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – Recieved a call from HR manager to set up an in store interview, standard situational questions, interviewer informed me that i should expect a call from AP manager for 2nd interview. Called a week later, AP manager told me that they were not doing any more interviews.

Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had to go through an interview with one of the assistant store managers and because I did well enough on that interview I had to schedule an interview with the Asset Protection Coordinator (recently changed to Asset Protection Manager). I then had to undergo a background check and a drug test. After passing both I was extended the offer and began with 6 weeks of training at another Wal-Mart store. The questions were very similar to the questions I have been asked in other interviews. However, when answering them you should provide answers relevant to the AP job.

Concord, NH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – I initially had to have a phone interview with the Asset Protection Coordinator, then I had to meet him for a face to face interview, then I had to have a second interview with him and another member of management, and then I had to have an orientation meeting with Human Resources. After that I had to go through three months of training and then was finally able to start.

Interview Question – What is one of your weaknesses?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate anything.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Asset Protection Associate interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.