Walmart Asset Protection Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone and then face to face. Phone interview was very easy and basic, then I was asked to come in for a face to face. The in person interview was fair and balanced. Talked about education and work history and what they want from the ideal candidate. Once you find out what they are looking for just plug in your answers to sell yourself as that "ideal candidate"

Interview Questions

• Flexibility and prior experience. Very basic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They get your starting pay from your prior work experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed from the outside, meaning I am not a current or have I ever been a walmart employee, but I had the experience in loss prevention they were seeking, but coming from the outside you are first interviewed by a department manager who scores your interview and if you score high enough, you are then interviewed by the manager who you will be working under. The questions you will be asked if you are coming from the outside are situational questions. Best advice is looking at the S.T.A.R interview website. It really gives you an idea on how they want you to answer questions, but you also need to use real life examples because they want detail. It will be the same thing with the department manager. The asset protection manager basically wanted my experience situations in loss prevention and wanted to know about my overall personal integrity.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with dealing with a difficult customer. Explain how you handled the situation and what steps you took to resolve the situation.   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you had to complete an assignment using team work. What role did you play and what steps did you take to complete the assignment effectively and on time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is really no negotiation. They will tell you what the position starts out at with no experience and then they will put your past experience whether from walmart or another company into the computer and that will determine a pay grade, so if you have experience in the position you are applying for more than likely you will start at a higher hourly wage than what the position actually starts at.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart in June 2015.

Interview

Took awhile before I got a call. It was a two part interview. One with a dept manager and one with the asset protection manager. Everyone was very nice and it was a relaxed envoirment. Eye contact and a firm hand shake makes for a good first impression

Interview Questions

• They ask situational questions so have good answers and stories   Answer Question

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Had 2 interviews for the position ranging in questions from critical thinking, customer service, etc basically to see if I am able to think quickly and problem solve by myself utilizing the policies and guideline's provided for me.

Interview Questions

• Customer Service, being in AP you do not want to favor the customer but more or less going after the criminal therefore it is hard to give a good answer to the question to mold the job description.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Goldsboro, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Basic interview asking questions in reference to job history and responding to certain situations. I would recommend any candidate to review Walmart interviews from others to get a better perspective on what to expect during the interviewing process. The star interview method is used. Google that and you will master the interview process. I guarantee it.

Interview Questions

• Since my strenght was not in retail, I just responded to questions based upon my job history.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Salisbury, NC).

Interview

The interview was scripted and the other asset protection associates questioned me. The asset protection manager did not ask questions but only observed the process. The employees were surprised I wore a suit. After the interview was complete, I was told that I would receive a phone call if I got the position. Seven days later I received that call and was told to report to human resources.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I knew when to disengage apprehending a suspect.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was set by executive level. There was no negotiation even with my background.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was so informal they had 3 different assacaies ask me different type of questions. they the other APA asked me some more questions. Then personal asked me few question and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Everything is informal they need you more then you need them trust you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I was invited in to give an interview, wore a suit (that was more than unneeded, even the applicants there wear t-shirts) and went in. Talked about asset protection, what it was, what they were looking for in a candidate, how the department is structured and what it's focuses were, and how training works.

Interview Questions

• At the end, I was 'asked' one question only, "Oh, you mentioned you have family that works here? You can't work for us."   2 Answers

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Interview

I went through the interview that I had gone through before

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delano, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Delano, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I showed an interest when I first was hired as a cart pusher and spoke with the Asset Protection Manager on occasion, so was offered an interview when a position was opened up. The APM did the interview and he asked me 3 or so questions and he told me right there that I had got the job.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked was how I dealt with a difficult customer?   1 Answer