Walmart Asset Protection Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart in June 2015.

Interview

Took awhile before I got a call. It was a two part interview. One with a dept manager and one with the asset protection manager. Everyone was very nice and it was a relaxed envoirment. Eye contact and a firm hand shake makes for a good first impression

Interview Questions

• They ask situational questions so have good answers and stories   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Had 2 interviews for the position ranging in questions from critical thinking, customer service, etc basically to see if I am able to think quickly and problem solve by myself utilizing the policies and guideline's provided for me.

Interview Questions

• Customer Service, being in AP you do not want to favor the customer but more or less going after the criminal therefore it is hard to give a good answer to the question to mold the job description.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Abilene, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I was called in for the interview. I met with the Manager over the department that I was applying for. He asked a few situational questions. I was asked to describe what I would do or what I have done in certain situations regarding customer service.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deal with an unhappy customer, and how did you help them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Goldsboro, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Basic interview asking questions in reference to job history and responding to certain situations. I would recommend any candidate to review Walmart interviews from others to get a better perspective on what to expect during the interviewing process. The star interview method is used. Google that and you will master the interview process. I guarantee it.

Interview Questions

• Since my strenght was not in retail, I just responded to questions based upon my job history.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart (Salisbury, NC).

Interview

The interview was scripted and the other asset protection associates questioned me. The asset protection manager did not ask questions but only observed the process. The employees were surprised I wore a suit. After the interview was complete, I was told that I would receive a phone call if I got the position. Seven days later I received that call and was told to report to human resources.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I knew when to disengage apprehending a suspect.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was set by executive level. There was no negotiation even with my background.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was so informal they had 3 different assacaies ask me different type of questions. they the other APA asked me some more questions. Then personal asked me few question and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Everything is informal they need you more then you need them trust you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I was invited in to give an interview, wore a suit (that was more than unneeded, even the applicants there wear t-shirts) and went in. Talked about asset protection, what it was, what they were looking for in a candidate, how the department is structured and what it's focuses were, and how training works.

Interview Questions

• At the end, I was 'asked' one question only, "Oh, you mentioned you have family that works here? You can't work for us."   1 Answer

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Interview

I went through the interview that I had gone through before

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delano, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Delano, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I showed an interest when I first was hired as a cart pusher and spoke with the Asset Protection Manager on occasion, so was offered an interview when a position was opened up. The APM did the interview and he asked me 3 or so questions and he told me right there that I had got the job.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked was how I dealt with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Minimum requirements are that you need to have been working for Walmart for at least 6 months. Once you apply for the transfer to A.P, you will have 3 interviews. One with the A.P Manager, one with the hiring manager, AP manager and AP Ops Manager. If you passed both interviews then you get one more with the HR coordinator and 2 separate Ops Managers.

Interview Questions

• Name one instance in which your manager gave you an order but you did not follow it due to it being against company regulations, rules and/or policy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation.