Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Met at college campus and they hired me on the spot. They went over my resume and found out when I could start. I found the process much easier than I thought it would be. I wish I had stayed with them instead of leaving for law school

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbia, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview with two managers one was a store manager the other was an assistant manager. The overall interview process was average the one thing I can say is that they are very through in the background check with no time table to go back on. The company as a hole is a good company to work for I think I would have done well there, just had on thing that I did not know was in my background that stopped me from getting the job other than that I would have accepted the offer they gave me.

Interview Questions

• Normal situational questions why Walmart tell me about a time you had to meet a suspense in short notice.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was a two or three week turnaround time between the first phone interviews, in person ones and then being hired. The phone interviews were with the human resources and market managers. Both were fairly laidback phone calls. Had to drive over an hour and a half for the in person ones. The in person was less informal and a little intimidating as they normally use a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all situational or how would you or have you handled this situation in the past.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I promoted from zone merchandise supervisor, the first step is for your store manager to recommend you to the market hr manager, this makes you stick out from the rest of the crowd. The interview was over the phone with the market hr manager and there was 8 questions all of which were describe a time questions. Very easy for myself but you have to be very specific but don't be too long winded.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an important business decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

None I was told if non metro pay was $38,000 and metro is $43,500

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

was very thorough. I do not recall the entire process but it was not difficult. Everyone was very friendly and through . It was a very good interview and very good experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You apply online. You have to pass an assessment that is fairly simple.. common sense mostly. The interview was about 6 questions. Basically they ask you about problem solving or task completion.

Interview Questions

• They asked about shrink and i wasn't sure what it was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was internal so i wasn't able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Akron, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I drove 2 hours for an interview and that was a waste of time. Interviewed with an LPM and shift manager. Interview went well. Had a phone interview also. The recruiter said I made it past the 1st round. But was not selected. Whatever. Thanks for wasting my gas and mileage driving out to Akron.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about customer service problem solving time management and other management situations   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process could be a long process, depending upon how quickly the positions need to be filled. The interview process typically consists of at least one interview with either the store manager or the market human resource manager, and then a follow up call.

Interview Questions

• The questions are your typical situational interview type of questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

It was a tough interview. You need to do your homework on the company. Dress professional. Please be on time and ask questions about the opportunity as well so they can see you are interested

Interview Questions

• What are your procedures for handling attendance issued   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

submitted it online and called them, they called back with few questions about location and hours. then asked me to go to their office for the formal talk. there wasn't anything specific or difficult. just wanted to make sure i can handle the job.