Walmart

Getting the Interview

118 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two shift managers and then by the district manager. I was hired pretty much on the spot because of my extensive background with another large grocery retailer.

Interview Question – Walmart uses a set of pretty ridiculous questions that are very difficult to answer quickly.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Was an internal promotion. Interviewed with store manager and an assistant manager. Was offered job after other applicants were informed they did not secure position.

Interview Question – "What difference can you make as part of our leadership team?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – I was first interviewed by the store manager and a co-manager on phone. within the same week, I had my second interview with the market manager which was pretty good.

Interview Question – tell us about when and how you have ever made customers happy or solved their problem   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews about an hour a piece, detailed situational based questions, Rated from Role Model down to below expectations. Approximately 8 to 10 questions with each question having 4 follow up questions

Interview Question – just depends on your experience   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in February 2014.

Interview Details – It was an initial phone interview, that I was not expecting. Was really excited. Wanted to advance with the company, but had just about decided, was going to give up after having tried for several months with no success. So after receiving the phone interview, simply put it in a higher power hands and was done.

Interview Question – Most Difficult Question was on Ethics   View Answer

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in December 2012.

Interview Details – Basic questions, customer centered, planning and improvement.

Interview Question – Nothing they were all basic retail questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. What they offer is what you get.

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Phone interview with local store before application goes to corporate.

Interview Question – Lots of experience based questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Panel interview with only questions regarding experience. Easiest interview ever!!

Interview Question – They want to know where you have made a footprint previously   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Network with successful managers.

Interview Question – All questions require a specific, detailed, personal work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – I got the interview opportunity through a campus career fair. The interview was the next day after the fair, It was about 30 mins, mainly behavioral-based questions. Highly recommend to use your own experience to answer those questions.

Interview Question – The interviewers really wanted as detail as possible. They would keep asking about the situations and what steps I took if I hadn't mentioned them in my answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 118 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.