Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.9

132 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denton, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

Very good job by HR. after that store managers just go through the motions, their only concern is getting the people they know or want because of previous ties. they only interview 2 others because they have to, Also why can you only apply for three positions at a time I'm good with moving to a new city to get ahead and most of the time they don't update their requisitions timely so I lose out on other opportunities for other markets.

Interview Questions
  • When I talk to managers on what they look for the CO-Manager position they don't know how to answer. usually it is some one with lots of experience with Walmart's. when I ask about 30+ years with other companies in the same field they say but it isn't Walmart.   View Answer
the Manager, Market HR and the market Manager wanted me but for some reason It was regional declined because of lack of experience

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Walmart in November 2013.

You apply for the job and you are given 10 questions based on competencies and how you would react to the situation and what was the outcome. My interview was over the phone with the store manager that is hiring. He called about an hour late and we went over the questions.

Interview Questions
    • They were all based on customer service and judgement calls for situations and how you would react to it and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    none

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

I applied on line, was called with in a week to have a phone interview with one of the co-managers. Phone interview lasted about a half an hour. I was called two weeks later for another interview this one was in person at the store. The interview was with the Store Manager and the Asset Protection Manager. There was a series of questions that they read from. The more detailed you were the better that you answered the question. I then had a phone conversation with the Market Human Resource Manager. I had to do a background check and pre employment drug screen. All of this probably took
    about a month. Also when you fill out the application on line there is an assessment test that you have to take and if you don't pass that you will not be interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pre printed and they can choose one from a list of two. It is broken down by competencies that you need to show that you can do to be able to do the job.   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

they ask you a lot of competency based questions, be honest, have and answer and an example. The manager you interview with may also ask you some questions off their pre scripted sheet so me ready for anything. They want consistent reliable people

Interview Questions
    • again the questions are situational, but be sure to have a lot of examples ready with very specific details   Answer Question
    drug test, signing some papers not really any negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spring Lake, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Lake, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

For me the interview process was fairly easy, but I studied everything that I could about panel interviews and The STAR method for answering situational questions. I went to a job fair and gave my resume to one of the managers at their table. He asked me a few questions, made some notes and we shook hands. I didn't expect to hear from them because I don't have a degree. About a week or so later I received a call to set up an interview for the following week. When I got to the store to interview, there were 29 other candidates, so I was sure I wouldn't be hired. We were all veterans or about to be. We watched a quick video, filled out an application and waited to be seen. They gave some of us a tour of the store we were at, Spring Lake, NC. While some of us were touring, others were doing the panel interview. Once I was called in for the interview, there were 3 managers waiting. We shook hands, sat down and they explained how the process would work. One of them asked about 6 questions that basically wanted to determine how I have dealt with work related challenges in the past. They have to be situations that pertain to you, not a team or your store, you and how you handled it. They scored my answers while I spoke and showed no emotion. I was a bit nervous because I normally get a smile or some form of conversation. After they questioned me, they asked if I had any questions. I asked a couple and they suddenly became nice again and we talked for a few minutes. I felt better. We shook hands and that was it. I received a call three weeks later with an offer and information on my next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where the integrity of your staff members came into question. What was the issue, was there a valid reason to question their integrity, how did you handle it and what was the outcome (something like that).   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They give you an offer based on experience and you accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Visalia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2013.

It was a hiring location off site from a store. We toured the store first then walked over to the location where we interviewed on a panel. Two person panels and two panels later, we all were dismissed for the day and sent home. After about 3 days, they contacted me to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were experience based and you needed to use examples of how you completed the tasks in prior companies   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation, it was a letter with a detailed offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Biloxi, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

Phone interview, 10 behavorial questions, lasted approximately 1 hour. Harmless! Went on to the drug screen, then the background check. From there will be in AMT training for 6 weeks.

Non-negotiable

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

I had 3 interviews. The first was a phone interview mostly behavioral based questions. The second interview was with the market human resources manager, and the third was with the store manager I would be working with. All one-on-one interview. First interview was the longest at about an hour long.

Interview Questions
    • how have you participated in merchandising and to what benefit did it give to the (store)?   Answer Question
    no negotiation. they offer and you can accept or decline

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

I started interviewing for a salaried position in January and began pushing my resume out to market human resources managers. They were all punctual with responses and enthusiastic to meet me and interview me. I only interviewed with three stores and was offered 2/3 of the stores. I accepted a position and am going to the store after a 6 week training class.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

very orderly, they were very particular on who and what they wanted and how they wanted it. this is pretty much the gyst of the process that was practiced. that is all that I can think of now.

Interview Questions

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!