Walmart

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.9

Assistant Manager Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart.

I promoted from zone merchandise supervisor, the first step is for your store manager to recommend you to the market hr manager, this makes you stick out from the rest of the crowd. The interview was over the phone with the market hr manager and there was 8 questions all of which were describe a time questions. Very easy for myself but you have to be very specific but don't be too long winded.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to make an important business decision   Answer Question
None I was told if non metro pay was $38,000 and metro is $43,500

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Assistant Manager Interview

was very thorough. I do not recall the entire process but it was not difficult. Everyone was very friendly and through . It was a very good interview and very good experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

You apply online. You have to pass an assessment that is fairly simple.. common sense mostly. The interview was about 6 questions. Basically they ask you about problem solving or task completion.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about shrink and i wasn't sure what it was.   Answer Question
    I was internal so i wasn't able to negotiate

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview process could be a long process, depending upon how quickly the positions need to be filled. The interview process typically consists of at least one interview with either the store manager or the market human resource manager, and then a follow up call.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are your typical situational interview type of questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

It was a tough interview. You need to do your homework on the company. Dress professional. Please be on time and ask questions about the opportunity as well so they can see you are interested

Interview Questions
    • What are your procedures for handling attendance issued   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

submitted it online and called them, they called back with few questions about location and hours. then asked me to go to their office for the formal talk. there wasn't anything specific or difficult. just wanted to make sure i can handle the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied on line, was called with in a week to have a phone interview with one of the co-managers. Phone interview lasted about a half an hour. I was called two weeks later for another interview this one was in person at the store. The interview was with the Store Manager and the Asset Protection Manager. There was a series of questions that they read from. The more detailed you were the better that you answered the question. I then had a phone conversation with the Market Human Resource Manager. I had to do a background check and pre employment drug screen. All of this probably took
    about a month. Also when you fill out the application on line there is an assessment test that you have to take and if you don't pass that you will not be interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pre printed and they can choose one from a list of two. It is broken down by competencies that you need to show that you can do to be able to do the job.   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

they ask you a lot of competency based questions, be honest, have and answer and an example. The manager you interview with may also ask you some questions off their pre scripted sheet so me ready for anything. They want consistent reliable people

Interview Questions
    • again the questions are situational, but be sure to have a lot of examples ready with very specific details   Answer Question
    drug test, signing some papers not really any negotiations.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I had 3 interviews. The first was a phone interview mostly behavioral based questions. The second interview was with the market human resources manager, and the third was with the store manager I would be working with. All one-on-one interview. First interview was the longest at about an hour long.

Interview Questions
    • how have you participated in merchandising and to what benefit did it give to the (store)?   Answer Question
    no negotiation. they offer and you can accept or decline

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

very orderly, they were very particular on who and what they wanted and how they wanted it. this is pretty much the gyst of the process that was practiced. that is all that I can think of now.