Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then went in for a face to face interview with the store manager and human resource manager. They took turns asking a series of about ten questions based on the job competencies. Interview was behavioral based so have a scenario for each competency.

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain a high ethical standard?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Was an internal promotion. Interviewed with store manager and an assistant manager. Was offered job after other applicants were informed they did not secure position.

Interview Questions

• "What difference can you make as part of our leadership team?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Mechanicsburg, PA).

Interview

Different kind of interview, be specific (one example), use key words (judgment, root cause, etc)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you promoted diversity in the workplace   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I was first interviewed by the store manager and a co-manager on phone. within the same week, I had my second interview with the market manager which was pretty good.

Interview Questions

• tell us about when and how you have ever made customers happy or solved their problem   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

3 Interviews about an hour a piece, detailed situational based questions, Rated from Role Model down to below expectations. Approximately 8 to 10 questions with each question having 4 follow up questions

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Phone interview with local store before application goes to corporate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Panel interview with only questions regarding experience. Easiest interview ever!!

Interview Questions

• They want to know where you have made a footprint previously   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in February 2014.

Interview

It was an initial phone interview, that I was not expecting. Was really excited. Wanted to advance with the company, but had just about decided, was going to give up after having tried for several months with no success. So after receiving the phone interview, simply put it in a higher power hands and was done.

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult Question was on Ethics   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Network with successful managers.

Interview Questions

• All questions require a specific, detailed, personal work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I got the interview opportunity through a campus career fair. The interview was the next day after the fair, It was about 30 mins, mainly behavioral-based questions. Highly recommend to use your own experience to answer those questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers really wanted as detail as possible. They would keep asking about the situations and what steps I took if I hadn't mentioned them in my answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.