Walmart

2.9

141 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Initially had two interviews when I was hired and questions were based of the questionnaire you filled out during application process. Now you must have 3 interviews. 1st with a hourly supervisor. 2nd with assistant manager then 3rd and final with store manager. Questions are pretty much same based on customer service, team work and organization. Example: Tell me about a time you when you went above and beyond expectations to help a customer.

Interview Questions
  • None really. They general questions that can be answered based off prior work/school experience.   Answer Question
No negotiation they have a base pay scale you get extra for prior work experience and dept on the job and where it is on the pay scale will determine your hourly wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Assistant, Manager Interview

what information do you consider in assigning work to develop associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Porte, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Porte, IN

Interviewed with the district manager questions were very basic. Took about a week for the whole process after intial interview had another with the store manager also very basic questions. took about another week before I got a call and was offered the position. I would say all in all had a good experiance.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Over the phone interview and found out a week later I got the job

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Process is before a panel of 3 from the market level. All questions are from a company questionnaire and does not deviate. Certainly they change it periodically. Interview can be in person or over the phone. The preference is to hire from within but I have seen several come from the outside

Interview Questions
    • Questions pertain to experience in judgement, leadership, problem solving cust service etc. The difficult part is they ask for specific examples from your career and sometimes I found it difficult to just pull on an experience   Answer Question
    None

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview was fairly easy and asked standard questions for any management position. A pretty easy going environment as long as everyone completed their tasks. Everyone was really nice and made the process go really smooth. I ultimately did not accept the position just because I didn't really feel it was for me.

Interview Questions
    • An instance in which you ran into a difficult situation and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Situational interview. Open ended questions that allow the interviewee to provide insight into circumstances they have encountered in the past and how they dealt with the scenario. Also then expands to ask what you would have done differently.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are situational. Having experiences in life managing difficult situations is the key to this interview.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Phone call with store manager, asks standard behavior questions. Either calls you back or not.

Interview Questions
    • What new or interesting idea have you implemented in the last year, and what was the result.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Went to career fair at school schedule an interview. Did one interview and got the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Current Wal-Mart associate. I routinely apply for openings within 80 miles of my home. I applied on the associates Field Management website the day the position opened. A few days later, the store manager emailed me to set up an interview whenever I was ready. I asked for any day except for Monday, but he emailed me on Monday and said we would interview in an hour.

This was my third store I've interviewed for. The store manager did the interview, and he was polite, sociable, but a little rushed because he had a meeting at 10 and the interview was at 9:30. He read the questions clearly, voluntarily clarified a couple of the questions without my asking, and broke the multi-question competencies down so I wouldn't have to answer each portion of the question at once.

It was a pretty easy and positive process except for the part where he picked the one day I didn't want the interview, and it was at a time where he was under a time constraint because of a meeting.

Interview Questions
    • 1. How do you ensure your store operates with ethics.   View Answer