Walmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant, Manager Interview

Assistant, Manager

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – what information do you consider in assigning work to develop associates

La Porte, IN

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Interviewed with the district manager questions were very basic. Took about a week for the whole process after intial interview had another with the store manager also very basic questions. took about another week before I got a call and was offered the position. I would say all in all had a good experiance.

Interview Question – what are your best qualities?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Over the phone interview and found out a week later I got the job

Interview Question – All of them were pretty difficult   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Process is before a panel of 3 from the market level. All questions are from a company questionnaire and does not deviate. Certainly they change it periodically. Interview can be in person or over the phone. The preference is to hire from within but I have seen several come from the outside

Interview Question – Questions pertain to experience in judgement, leadership, problem solving cust service etc. The difficult part is they ask for specific examples from your career and sometimes I found it difficult to just pull on an experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied via company wire. Got called for an interview by the store manager. Did the interview. Got selected for the position 2 weeks later.

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2013.

Interview Details – My Resume was on Career Builder, I was contacted by phone by a Walmart Recruiter asking me if I was interested in hearing about opportunities available. They told me they had two types of positions open, Assistant Manager and Shift Manager. I was interested in the Shift Manager position because it was a hire position in the store and it paid better overall. Had a phone interview with recruiter, 3 weeks later had a panel interview with two store managers and was offered the position two days after interview. I was really hoping for Shift Manger position, however they offered me Assistant Manager, which I accepted with anticipation to move up within company.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, typical behavioral based questions. "What does employee engagement mean to you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really, they gave me "experience points" Offer came in lower than expected, but I needed a job at the time and took it. $49k a year, plus bonus potential 15% annually, two week vacation and benefits start asap.

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Interview was fairly easy and asked standard questions for any management position. A pretty easy going environment as long as everyone completed their tasks. Everyone was really nice and made the process go really smooth. I ultimately did not accept the position just because I didn't really feel it was for me.

Interview Question – An instance in which you ran into a difficult situation and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

Interview Details – Situational interview. Open ended questions that allow the interviewee to provide insight into circumstances they have encountered in the past and how they dealt with the scenario. Also then expands to ask what you would have done differently.

Interview Question – All of the questions are situational. Having experiences in life managing difficult situations is the key to this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Assistant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Interview Details – Great company and the individuals I interacted with really put me at ease. The whole process started with a recruiter in-person interview, followed by an HR phone interview, an in-store interview with the Store manager, and concluded with a phone interview with the District Store Manager.

Interview Question – Standards questions that you might expect and as previously posted. Walmart questions are based on competencies (i.e. Talent/Planning; Ethics; Plans for Improvement, etc.).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Standard offer with no negotiation. Once you are in the door I think that you can work out different options in the future.

Evansville, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in November 2009.

Interview Details – A job requisition is created say a cashier. Everyone who passed a test on the application proceess and picked cashier as a position is sent into the job pool. The hiring manager looks at this pool and sees if they have availibilty, experience and then can look at the application. If they like this application they then send it to an horly supervisor for the interview process, calling the potential hire for the time and place for the interview. The hourly manager then goes through a list of question premade by home office and rates the suitability. Then keys into the system and recomends that worker to the manager. The manager then follows the same steps as the hourly manager and keys into the system for the store manager to finish. The store manager than has final say and they sign request for background check and drug screening papaerwork and get sent to an emergency care or doctors office for a urine test. If it comes back with a clean background and clean drug screen on the application a start date and a orientation is set up. If the refuse the drug test or the potential new hire has missed any step then they are not hired.

Interview Question – How much do I get paid?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation if they are a good fit and they could be hired for a higher paying jobs requestion you can change them to that one.