Walmart

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

138 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Over the phone interview and found out a week later I got the job

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Process is before a panel of 3 from the market level. All questions are from a company questionnaire and does not deviate. Certainly they change it periodically. Interview can be in person or over the phone. The preference is to hire from within but I have seen several come from the outside

Interview Questions
    • Questions pertain to experience in judgement, leadership, problem solving cust service etc. The difficult part is they ask for specific examples from your career and sometimes I found it difficult to just pull on an experience   Answer Question
    None

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview was fairly easy and asked standard questions for any management position. A pretty easy going environment as long as everyone completed their tasks. Everyone was really nice and made the process go really smooth. I ultimately did not accept the position just because I didn't really feel it was for me.

Interview Questions
    • An instance in which you ran into a difficult situation and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Situational interview. Open ended questions that allow the interviewee to provide insight into circumstances they have encountered in the past and how they dealt with the scenario. Also then expands to ask what you would have done differently.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are situational. Having experiences in life managing difficult situations is the key to this interview.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Phone call with store manager, asks standard behavior questions. Either calls you back or not.

Interview Questions
    • What new or interesting idea have you implemented in the last year, and what was the result.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Went to career fair at school schedule an interview. Did one interview and got the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Current Wal-Mart associate. I routinely apply for openings within 80 miles of my home. I applied on the associates Field Management website the day the position opened. A few days later, the store manager emailed me to set up an interview whenever I was ready. I asked for any day except for Monday, but he emailed me on Monday and said we would interview in an hour.

This was my third store I've interviewed for. The store manager did the interview, and he was polite, sociable, but a little rushed because he had a meeting at 10 and the interview was at 9:30. He read the questions clearly, voluntarily clarified a couple of the questions without my asking, and broke the multi-question competencies down so I wouldn't have to answer each portion of the question at once.

It was a pretty easy and positive process except for the part where he picked the one day I didn't want the interview, and it was at a time where he was under a time constraint because of a meeting.

Interview Questions
    • 1. How do you ensure your store operates with ethics.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Great company and the individuals I interacted with really put me at ease. The whole process started with a recruiter in-person interview, followed by an HR phone interview, an in-store interview with the Store manager, and concluded with a phone interview with the District Store Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Standards questions that you might expect and as previously posted. Walmart questions are based on competencies (i.e. Talent/Planning; Ethics; Plans for Improvement, etc.).   View Answer
    Standard offer with no negotiation. Once you are in the door I think that you can work out different options in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Either a phone or F2F interview with the Market HR manager, or the Market Manager. They generally ask scripted behavioral or experiential questions based on competencies that are pertinent to the position. Often, there is a second F2F interview after narrowing the field.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you have developed a subordinate into a candidate for management. How did you develop them? How did you measure their improvement?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Panel interview of 3 hire up managers, at the time they were 3 regional managers. A series of questions were asked of me; pushing me to explain my background and how I problem solve.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are fairly easy to answer. Experience pays off, be sure to quote from your past be sure to talk about your flaws. You will be remembered if you can speak of your wins and your opportunities.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was not needed, pay was much hire than I was previously making.