Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

2.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Went to career fair at school schedule an interview. Did one interview and got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Interview

Current Wal-Mart associate. I routinely apply for openings within 80 miles of my home. I applied on the associates Field Management website the day the position opened. A few days later, the store manager emailed me to set up an interview whenever I was ready. I asked for any day except for Monday, but he emailed me on Monday and said we would interview in an hour.

This was my third store I've interviewed for. The store manager did the interview, and he was polite, sociable, but a little rushed because he had a meeting at 10 and the interview was at 9:30. He read the questions clearly, voluntarily clarified a couple of the questions without my asking, and broke the multi-question competencies down so I wouldn't have to answer each portion of the question at once.

It was a pretty easy and positive process except for the part where he picked the one day I didn't want the interview, and it was at a time where he was under a time constraint because of a meeting.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you ensure your store operates with ethics.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Interview

Great company and the individuals I interacted with really put me at ease. The whole process started with a recruiter in-person interview, followed by an HR phone interview, an in-store interview with the Store manager, and concluded with a phone interview with the District Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Standards questions that you might expect and as previously posted. Walmart questions are based on competencies (i.e. Talent/Planning; Ethics; Plans for Improvement, etc.).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard offer with no negotiation. Once you are in the door I think that you can work out different options in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Either a phone or F2F interview with the Market HR manager, or the Market Manager. They generally ask scripted behavioral or experiential questions based on competencies that are pertinent to the position. Often, there is a second F2F interview after narrowing the field.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you have developed a subordinate into a candidate for management. How did you develop them? How did you measure their improvement?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Panel interview of 3 hire up managers, at the time they were 3 regional managers. A series of questions were asked of me; pushing me to explain my background and how I problem solve.

Interview Questions

• All questions are fairly easy to answer. Experience pays off, be sure to quote from your past be sure to talk about your flaws. You will be remembered if you can speak of your wins and your opportunities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not needed, pay was much hire than I was previously making.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was long and detailed, Standard interviewing packet, more than one interviewer initially on phone and then a group setting. situational style format.
    Being certain that a professional attire is worn, noticed other applicants were too casual and this was not viewed well.
    be sure to have in mind any relevant experience pertaining to customer service and sales, goals and expectations laid out in mind prior to interview.
    have questions for interviewer to engage conversation and show interest in company objectives and culture.

Interview Questions

• Most challenging questions were on sales and projections. circumstantial situations and performance driven goals   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You will go through 2-3 interviews and they will train you at various stores to show you the ropes. If you get an in Metro store then you will make more money then outofmetro store. Interviewers were very professional and they will help you get through it. Working in any retail environment will be a challenge and you have to be a self starter.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Walmart management goes through a panel interview comprised of a shift-managers, store managers and a district manager or human resources manager. The panel asks several questions pertaining to how you manage people and situations, increase sales, etc. The panel interview can be an intimidating process for many, but actually lets the company and you receive a fair chance at employment as it is a panel decision on your employment.

Interview Questions

• Building sales is the most difficult question that many find in their panel interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walmart (Columbus, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied the position through the college career system and got the phone interview request through email. Currently waiting for their decision

Interview Questions

• Most people said the interviewer usually ask who, what, when, why. And I got the question as "what's the most significant accomplishment you had"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Biloxi, MS) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, 10 behavorial questions, lasted approximately 1 hour. Harmless! Went on to the drug screen, then the background check. From there will be in AMT training for 6 weeks.

Negotiation

Non-negotiable