Walmart Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

All questions are behavioral questions. Each question pertains to one of the position's listed competencies. For example a question would pertain to execution and results, adaptability, customer centered, improving store experience, etc. Each answer needs to tell a story. It needs a beginning, a middle, and an end. What was the problem? What policies or ppl did you involve? What were the obstacles? What was the result?

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to complete a difficult task dispite having a heavy work load.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (New Haven, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Went in for an interview. 2 regional store managers asked me 8 questions. After that round of back and forth they told me to wait while they discuss my interview. Waited a total of 2 minutes and the regional manager comes out and told me the 2 managers liked what they saw and he told me to fill out an application and her will call me to schedule a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Name one instances where you had to make a tough decision and how did the staff respond to it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Panel interview, two people, operations manager and store manager from another location. You will be asked a series of behavioral questions and then their are sub parts to each question...tell me about a time you solved a problem/ what were the steps? What was the outcome? Would you have done anything different?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Ignace, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Saint Ignace, MI).

Interview

Had first Interview at university career fair. It went well had a second interview with the market manager and a few store managers in the market. The majority of the questions were situation questions. Had to wait over 30 days before i got an offer because they wanted me to start within a week of taking the drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Augusta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

They use the STAR system with five questions that are all previous work experiences. People need to use real situations and enforce it with names. Stress your leadership skills and independent in thought. You will be interviewed by a panel of Store Managers. Since they are together any of them may choose you for their store. You usually only have to really impress one.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you had a fellow employee that was not pulling their own in regards to workload. What do you do? What was the outcome? How did it effect the work environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was based on years of previous management on your resume.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The interviewing process was a panel interview of 3 Store managers. Thirty mins with one group then moved to another group of 3. Great experience. Questions were all STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what contributions you can immediately add to our company.   Answer Question

Had another job offer.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

General questions nothing was out of the ordinary it was a typical interview. Nothing else to really say about it. It was about in hour long and it was very relaxed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Three interviews one with a store manager then one with a market Manager and the a panel Interview. They were all situation based interviews (S.T.A.R) and none of the questions where difficult. They will paint a much brighter picture of walmart the what it actually is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation as they offered exactly what I was asking.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Filled out the application. Had one phone interview, Received a call within 2 weeks. Was sent to training within 3 weeks. Trained for about 5 or 6 weeks. A lot of desk work with the training but his has drastically changed since then

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Phila, PA).

Interview

They will hire about anybody with the degree because of the high turnover. You can work your way up starting up as a regular part time associate. As long as you work like there is no tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• no unexpected questions. STAR interview. All predictable: customer service and leadership   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations. everybody starts at the same rate.