Walmart

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

General questions nothing was out of the ordinary it was a typical interview. Nothing else to really say about it. It was about in hour long and it was very relaxed.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart.

Three interviews one with a store manager then one with a market Manager and the a panel Interview. They were all situation based interviews (S.T.A.R) and none of the questions where difficult. They will paint a much brighter picture of walmart the what it actually is.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation as they offered exactly what I was asking.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Filled out the application. Had one phone interview, Received a call within 2 weeks. Was sent to training within 3 weeks. Trained for about 5 or 6 weeks. A lot of desk work with the training but his has drastically changed since then

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

They will hire about anybody with the degree because of the high turnover. You can work your way up starting up as a regular part time associate. As long as you work like there is no tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions. STAR interview. All predictable: customer service and leadership   View Answer
    no negotiations. everybody starts at the same rate.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Process from day of first interview to receiving an offer and setting up training was over 2 months long. Initial interview date was changed last minute via e-mail. Was told I would find out in 2-3 days if I got the job, and finally heard back 2 weeks later. I had to send many e-mails to store manager and HMR to get answers, with no return emails from store manager and responses that took days from HMR. Was told my 6 week training program was a few towns away from home, then with a week before start date was told I had to travel 5 hours and 2 states away. Not only that, they also wanted me to carpool with people I have never met and also stay in a hotel for 6 weeks with someone I have never met because it is their motto to "save money live better". Needless to say I ended up not taking the job which was probably the best decision of my life.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were just situational questions....Tell me a time when? I have worked retail for many years and all my answers revolved around customer satisfaction. The store manager who interviewed me pretty much told me that my customer satisfaction answers didn't matter because I won't deal with customers as management- my goal is to train and teach employees. I have never seen a business when customer satisfaction skills are not necessary and when management doesn't deal with customer concerns/complaints.   Answer Question

I decided not to sell my soul to the devil for the joke pay to work 55-60 hour weeks including holidays, weekends, and overnights.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I was contacted by a recruiter out of Chicago and did several phone interviews before being invited to a local interview conducted by a panel of managers. The managers didn't seem to care about being there and seemed to ask questions in a perfunctory, disinterested manner. This should have been my first clue.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were very basic behavior based questions. I felt they were very generic and didn't really dig that much into my experiences and qualities.   View Answer
    I would negotiate for as much as possible because they will treat you as if they "bought" you and can do whatever they want with you

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

The process was very quick and enjoyable. I spoke with a recruiter that contacted me. I then had an interview set up for the following week. The interview I had was with a store manager, then the asset protection, market manager, and HR rep in a panel interview. Long story short I was offered the job and the process was very enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. There are multiple questions in one so be prepared to listen and answer all of them the first time.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation process hey have a spread sheet they go through.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

I applied externally and have to say that it was a pleasant experience. Be prepared to answer situational questions involving retail answers. Come dressed professionally in slack for a man or dress for a lady. Most of all my best advise to anyone interviewing is research the company and be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • I think they were all equally on the same plain but not really that difficult if you're prepared.   Answer Question
    No negotiation you take what is offered or you do not take the position.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

Situational questions. Interview conducted with 3 people. The market MGR, Market HR MGR, and Store Manager. It is a little intimidating sitting in front of 3 people who take turns with questions. There is 5 categories with the hardest an ethical question. Not that ethics is hard but no explanation on how to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

Interview was done over the phone by the store manager and a co manager, though standard procedure would be done by the market human resource manager. I was asked questions based on competencies such as judgment, customer service, adaptability, planning and improvement, diversity, etc. They asked a question for each topic then the store manager may ask any other probing questions like experience for position. Then they ask my questions concerns. He said he would let me know who he picked by the end of the week and he called me back that same day and offered me the job

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to report unethical behavior you observed?   View Answer
    I was already employed with the company and was offered 10,000.00 more a year so I did not negotiate.