Walmart

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cleveland, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview days after applying in-store. First of all, the interviewer was very unfriendly, which made me feel uncomfortable. This was my first interview ever, and I had no prior job experience, yet they asked me questions as if I had worked before, which completely puzzled me and I struggled to think of some example from school. Due to this, there was a lot of silence, and the interviewer stared at me, clearly bored and unamused. There were 5 questions, all basically asking the same thing; to describe a time I worked with a team. All I could give were horribly mediocre answers from school. Unsurprisingly, I wasn't called back.

Interview Question – Describe a time you worked with a team, and you were the leader.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – The interview process was standard. You are asked to give examples of a time when you handled a difficult situation, and a difficult person. Your work history is touched on, and as long as you can answer basic questions, you'll get to the next step, which is a drug test. If you can past the drug test, and accept the extremely low salary, you'll get hired.

Interview Question – You are asked to give examples of a time when you handled a difficult situation, and a difficult person.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you can past the drug test, and accept the extremely low salary, you'll get hired.

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had to take a lengthy test. Upon passing the test, I got a face-to-face interview. After that, I took a drug test. Once the results came back, they offered me a job.

Interview Question – They use behavior based interviewing. You have to have specific example of many different situations. Use the SMART method to answer questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They offer everyone the same pay. Take it or leave it.

West Jordan, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – Fill out application of sixty questions submit application and wait for call. You can call if you do not get a call. You get called to set up an interview appointment. You go through a three interview process. First you are intervened by an hourly manager the next interview with an assistant manager and then with a store level manager

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in ten years?   Answer Question

Newport, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I was asked a bunch of questions that were completely stupid and had nothing to do with me or the job.
Describe a time when this or that happened. You have no idea which ones they will pick. Most of the questions a normal person would have never had happen anyway. And if they did it is not something you can think of in 2 seconds.

Interview Question – I don't recall. All were unexpected. I was asked nothing about when I could work or anything that pertained to the job.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Topeka, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very basic and the interview process was very professional. It is very basic; give an example of one of your former jobs, etc. Yet they were very friendly. What impressed me most was that the manager took me on a tour of the store, introduced me to fellow employees and actually put me on a register to see how I would interact with customers.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when....I never like those questions because it feels like I'm comparing the company I had worked for with the company I'm applying to.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Based on experience

Statesboro, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – Once an application is received, the usual process is a phone call if the company is interested. Once you pass the phone interview, the next interview is face to face. A drug test will be administered if considered for the job.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied at the store and was hired as a sales associate - highly recommend wearing a tie to the interview - worked for me - but at the end of the day just bring your A game and believe in yourself. Would think that its the same thing that applies really anywhere (big company wise...)

Interview Question – Biggest faults   Answer Question

Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Interview Details – Walmart advertised on job boards. I then applied on their website which was user friendly. They called me shortly thereafter. I was invited to attend a meeting of potential hires At the meeting, they informed us of the opportunity, potential advancement,benefits and expectations. We met with HR managers individually. About 3 days later, they called and set up face to face interviews with store management. Within a week, they called and gave me the decision to be hired.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was concerning how to handle irate customers that refused to accept the resolution to their problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation phase.

Jackson, TN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in June 2009.

Interview Details – team work; you do get put in all departments at times; then get to go back to your department and catch up/

Interview Question – How or when you have fixed a problem and solve a on going problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They put you on probation,,,You show up when schuled and do your best.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!