Walmart Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

32 interviews

2.2

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Recruiting assistant and upper mgt were clear and professional. Waited 2 weeks after submitting resume and was called within a day of my final interview. Company is very organized at the top and the managers are paid well

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

I was called in for an interview days after applying in-store. First of all, the interviewer was very unfriendly, which made me feel uncomfortable. This was my first interview ever, and I had no prior job experience, yet they asked me questions as if I had worked before, which completely puzzled me and I struggled to think of some example from school. Due to this, there was a lot of silence, and the interviewer stared at me, clearly bored and unamused. There were 5 questions, all basically asking the same thing; to describe a time I worked with a team. All I could give were horribly mediocre answers from school. Unsurprisingly, I wasn't called back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked with a team, and you were the leader.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

The interview process was standard. You are asked to give examples of a time when you handled a difficult situation, and a difficult person. Your work history is touched on, and as long as you can answer basic questions, you'll get to the next step, which is a drug test. If you can past the drug test, and accept the extremely low salary, you'll get hired.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked to give examples of a time when you handled a difficult situation, and a difficult person.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

I had to take a lengthy test. Upon passing the test, I got a face-to-face interview. After that, I took a drug test. Once the results came back, they offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    • They use behavior based interviewing. You have to have specific example of many different situations. Use the SMART method to answer questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. They offer everyone the same pay. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jordan, UT

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Fill out application of sixty questions submit application and wait for call. You can call if you do not get a call. You get called to set up an interview appointment. You go through a three interview process. First you are intervened by an hourly manager the next interview with an assistant manager and then with a store level manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

I was asked a bunch of questions that were completely stupid and had nothing to do with me or the job.
    Describe a time when this or that happened. You have no idea which ones they will pick. Most of the questions a normal person would have never had happen anyway. And if they did it is not something you can think of in 2 seconds.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall. All were unexpected. I was asked nothing about when I could work or anything that pertained to the job.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in October 2010.

The hiring process was very basic and the interview process was very professional. It is very basic; give an example of one of your former jobs, etc. Yet they were very friendly. What impressed me most was that the manager took me on a tour of the store, introduced me to fellow employees and actually put me on a register to see how I would interact with customers.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when....I never like those questions because it feels like I'm comparing the company I had worked for with the company I'm applying to.   View Answer
    Based on experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Statesboro, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Statesboro, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Once an application is received, the usual process is a phone call if the company is interested. Once you pass the phone interview, the next interview is face to face. A drug test will be administered if considered for the job.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

Applied at the store and was hired as a sales associate - highly recommend wearing a tie to the interview - worked for me - but at the end of the day just bring your A game and believe in yourself. Would think that its the same thing that applies really anywhere (big company wise...)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Walmart advertised on job boards. I then applied on their website which was user friendly. They called me shortly thereafter. I was invited to attend a meeting of potential hires At the meeting, they informed us of the opportunity, potential advancement,benefits and expectations. We met with HR managers individually. About 3 days later, they called and set up face to face interviews with store management. Within a week, they called and gave me the decision to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was concerning how to handle irate customers that refused to accept the resolution to their problem.   Answer Question
    There was not a negotiation phase.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!