Walmart Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.2

Courtesy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They only cared about filling the position and not much else. When I asked them to repeat one of the questions, they handed me the paper with the questions on it because they didn't feel like reading it again. I probably would have gotten the job without answering any questions

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to deal with an angry customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If they promise you promotions, it's probably a lie.

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (McDonough, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Underwent 2 interviews first one was great because I previously worked there before for almost 4 years and left on good standings thought second one was just a formality, after second one I received the dreaded I have a couple more to interview before I make my decision. You know that is auto no said I would be contacted either way the next day no call

Cart Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Douglasville, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

after putting in an application online i found out about a local job fair, i waited in a long line for about two hours and when it was finally my turn they just assigned me a position and a couple of weeks later i was called in for orientation. A

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Conyers, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very easy, they asked me a few questions, they showed everyone they called in around the warehouse, and then told us all that they'd call us very soon for a second interview.

Only it's been 2 weeks and I still haven't heard anything from them, they seem to be really deceiving.
    When I asked over the phone how much does it pay, I was told $9, but when I got there, they said that I'd be paid minimum wage ($7.25) and that the $9 thing doesn't apply until June.

And I called in a few days ago asking if the job opening was still available, but someone told me that they're actually holding off on hiring employees until the beginning of May.

Interview Questions

• So why do you want to work at Walmart, and why this job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied early in the morning (sometime between 12am and 4am) online after being told that Walmart's starting salary would be $9/hr soon. I've never had a job before so $9 starting rate seemed like a pretty good rate to me. About 9am the same day I was contacted to come in for an interview. I've applied to many places and never got to the interview stage. Scheduled my interview for the following Tuesday to give myself enough time to prepare. Again I've never had a job and I really wanted to nail the interview so I gave myself a few extra days to prepare. I went in Tuesday. They had some important people visiting that day so I had to wait a little over an hour before I was interviewed. The interview lasted 15-20 minutes. I was offered the position on the spot. I'm currently being paid less than $9 but starting April I'll make $9.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time someone asked you to do something for them. How did you go about doing it? Was it a success?   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Did application, got a call back a month later. Was hired right after group interview (hired everyone), schedule was set up. They basically hire everyone unless you show that you don't care. Come in dressed and on time and everything will go smoothly. Paid orientation then put right out to the front to get started. Computer training takes forever!

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Lithonia, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called around 8pm for a group interview we were all asked individual questions after we were sent in the hall and they called one girl back and had like a 10 to 20 min interview with her then they sent her home and called everyone else in and we all got the job and were sent to take drug test and wait for our backgrounds i was called the next day for a job offer

Interview Questions

• all the questions were baised on situations or problems i faced at other jobs work or school and i was asked gow i handled the situation or problem   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus college interview. One technical/programming question and that was it. The rest were do you know language x, y, and z? Do you fit within Walmart's culture, tell me more about your experience, etc. Surprisingly very short and easy interview. There was no follow up interview afterwards in my experience.

Tire and Lube Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

It's all about who you know. Got hired because I worked for the company before. No questions where asked. Most other positions I held at the company were the same way. Only interview I had was when I first got hired and when I interviewed for a manager position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. I was unemployed so had to take whatever they offered. Most people are low income people with no education and company knows this.

ICS Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Dunwoody, GA).

Interview

I honestly only met the core managers, and the general store managers. Although I personally witnessed more managers as I got more acclimated. I then realized that there was a hierarchy and some type of internal social club.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle managing multiple people of different ages, and ethnicity ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one.