Walmart Interview Questions in Bentonville, AR

Updated Apr 5, 2015

Continuous Improvement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2013.

Interview

I was first reached by phone to discuss about my background and understand if it was good for the position. After that I had a first interview with my boss and his peer; I felt really comfortable and I could perceive a friendly and welcoming environment. After a couple of weeks I had another set of interviews which included the development of a bussiness case, a regular interview, and HR meeting. Higher members of the organization participated in these sessions. During the whole process I stayed in contact with my manager and with HR recruiters; they were always very polite, open and supportive.

Interview Questions

• Developing the bussiness case was the most challenging part. They gave enought time time to work on it and prepare. As it was a simulation, there were my "audience" and were very participative, helping me to build on my ideas and suggestions.   Answer Question

Order Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in July 2013.

Interview

Process took about a month. Applied on Walmart.com/careers was then emailed a list of questions. From there I was called for an interview. It was 3 people and me. Then about 1.5 weeks later I got an offer and took a background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work with someone over a period of time to resolve and issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR).

Interview

Interviewed twice. First interview was with a panel of 2 persons. Went well and was friendly and open atmosphere. Second interview was panel of 3 persons. Very easy asked about the atmosphere where I work best.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future........   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in January 2013.

Interview

I have had 2 interviews within the logistics department. The first interview went well, but it seemed they were focused on someone who had SAP experience. Was never called again. Weeks later another hiring manager called saying my resume had been passed to him, but the interview was nearly the same, and again, seemed they wanted someone with experience in SAP; I was confused why my resume was passed on if they already knew I didn't have experience with SAP.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, a few technical questions involving Excel and Access.   Answer Question

Strategic Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in December 2012.

Interview

This was an internal transfer interview. There were a few members of the group that knew me from previous work with them. They asked if I wanted to join their area. The interview consisted of maybe 5 or so questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the software purchase lifecycle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation phrase. It was the standard 10% pay raise as that is all the company will do (in most cases). They told me right up front they would honor whatever agreements I had in place and to this day they have done so.

Senior Manager Finance & Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in November 2012.

Interview

The first interview was conducted on campus. It consisted of a straightforward case question (much easier than consulting) that presented a retail-oriented situation, and required lots of "retail math". They then asked lots of behavioral questions. Once on site, there was also a presentation to do in front of a panel of VPs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since it was through on campus recruiting, only the relocation package was negotiable.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone screen and then on site interview. Met with 4 people on site. After the on site completed a candidate evaluation form - making me think I was a serious candidate, then nothing for weeks! Not even a "no thanks" from HR.

Interview Questions

• Complex situational questions; from the corporate interviewing guide. Designed to see how you think on your feet. Really, the questions were very long and convoluted...requiiring a set up (description of the situation) and then a drill down into one specific part of the scenario.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in November 2012.

Interview

Walmart uses an online company akin to skype for the flyback portion (at least in the position for which I was applying). The interview was straight forward where you address each of their primary drivers. They send you an email letting you know which drivers they are focussing on and then you give stores or anecdotes to address each from your experience.

Interview Questions

• There are no truly difficult questions, unless you are interviewing directly for a programming position, then you had better know the language you are interviewing.   1 Answer

RLP- Replenishment Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in October 2012.

Interview

Saw the posting on their website and I applied. I had to do a video interview first. It was an unpleasant experience. You get 30 seconds to read the long question and quickly answer and you don't get to review your video. I got through the second round where I spoke with two headquarters associates. They were friendly but seemed bored.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR).

Interview

Very quick and clean process. 1st - an initial phone screen to level set expectations; 2nd - Online interview with two department staff asking both technical and behavioral questions; and 3rd - onsite interview in Bentonville. Last step consisted of fours / 1 hour interviews each with two department staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you made a wrong decision in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was non-nego, but signon bonus was workable.