Walmart Interview Questions in Bentonville, AR

Updated Aug 8, 2014

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

1st Interview with recruiter 2nd Interview Panel over internet 3rd All Day interview at Bentonville

Interview Questions
    • Standard Questions Everyone extremely polite   View Answer
    Can ask for additional week vacation but salary non negotiable

Senior Manager, Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2009.

i went through a recruiter, had initial phone conversations with hiring manager, potential peer. flown to bentonville and had multiple interviews (10-12) over a day, fly home the next day.

Interview Questions
    • some were very finance - math related. depends on who is interviewing you. standard stuff - tell me about a time when, how do you work with difficult people, etc. just tell a compelling story about why you want to work for Walmart.   Answer Question
    Push back on first offer for sure

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Walmart in January 2009.

I was contacted by a Walmart recruiter in Dallas Texas, while I worked as a senior network engineer. The hiring process was very cumbersome. Had to leave several voice messages for my assigned recruiter. My interviewer seems to not understand what the position required for qualification. The interviewer was also an hour and a half because of a weekly team meeting.

Interview Questions
    • In orientation, sister company Sams' Club visits and wants new hires to donate a portion of their pay check for various charity's..   View Answer
    I was told that what I was offered would be final for the positions pay band. At that time I was handed my offer to sign. I did however find out that there was indeed a higher salary to negotiate.

Strategic Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in December 2012.

This was an internal transfer interview. There were a few members of the group that knew me from previous work with them. They asked if I wanted to join their area. The interview consisted of maybe 5 or so questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the software purchase lifecycle?   View Answer
    There wasn't really a negotiation phrase. It was the standard 10% pay raise as that is all the company will do (in most cases). They told me right up front they would honor whatever agreements I had in place and to this day they have done so.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Walmart in January 2010.

Met a recruiter and he passed my resume on to management. They called me and we set up a video interview. It was very technical in the first interview. The second interview was on site in Bentonville and was more about how I would fit with Walmart's culture.

Interview Questions
    • The questions during the first interview were very technical so study up on your terms! That first interview acts as a screening so they select just a few to come on site for a second.   Answer Question
    I said yes because I needed a job. You have to take a drug test within 24 hours of receiving an offer. If I did it again, I would ask for three weeks of vacation each year starting immediately.

Senior Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Recruiter contacts you for a phone interview, to go over your skills and experience and make sure you are a match for the job. They typically schedule a face to face interview during that phone interview, if you are interested and would make a good fit.
    They are very detailed in the interview process. They send maps and directions to where you will be going, and include every form of contact information for the people you will be meeting with. They have very strict timelines company wide for the offer process and it typically takes about 2 weeks depending on the Hiring Manager's schedule

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a fit for our team?   View Answer
    They really do their research on salary and benefits that you are currently receiving and set expectations up front with you, so that your time is not wasted. By the time, you get to the offer process, there are no surprises

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Submitted application and I have no idea how long it took for a response as I don't know which one yielded a response. I declined the job the first time around due to personal reasons, but when I was available a few months later I contacted the manager of the same team and he was very receptive to bringing me on at that point. (How many places you've applied would have done the same with someone who turned you down?)

Interview Questions
    Mostly discussions around salary, but not a lot of changes made. I wish I thought to negotiate vacation time.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2010.

Initial communication was via LinkedIn. After a screening interview with the recruiter, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next, I was invited to fly to Bentonville to interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager, the Sr. Director and the VP one on one. Also had a panel interview with others in the area. Panel interviews were not difficult. They were behavioral.

Continuous Improvement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

I was first reached by phone to discuss about my background and understand if it was good for the position. After that I had a first interview with my boss and his peer; I felt really comfortable and I could perceive a friendly and welcoming environment. After a couple of weeks I had another set of interviews which included the development of a bussiness case, a regular interview, and HR meeting. Higher members of the organization participated in these sessions. During the whole process I stayed in contact with my manager and with HR recruiters; they were always very polite, open and supportive.

Interview Questions
    • Developing the bussiness case was the most challenging part. They gave enought time time to work on it and prepare. As it was a simulation, there were my "audience" and were very participative, helping me to build on my ideas and suggestions.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through other source - interviewed at Walmart in February 2009.

Use behavior based interview questions. The samples on the internet will help you prepare. After telling about the situation, mention the outcome and make sure to mention if you were able to train anyone on what you learned from the experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question