Walmart Buyer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Typically three interviews to be hired and there are hundreds of applicants. Most are unqualified and upper management will typically interview 20 of the total. If you do not have any buying experience do not apply. They ask very specific questions and the way you answer them is designed to gauge your experience in difficult situations and how well you articulate them. There is a very literal grading system as well. So, be specific.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you had to overcome a difficult situation. What was he situation how did handle it and was was the outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in August 2011.

the organisationn hr representative contacted me directly an arranged for an phone interview. the phone interview lasted for an hour and it was a casual coffee business talk atmosphere understanding how my tasks and jobs were. after this level i had a one on one with the head and this was a difficult and very technical one. after the second short interview i had a call on the acceptance offer where i went back with queries on the reporting structure and all the sundry. the bad part was i was not interviewed by my direct reporting buyer and it was a shock for me when i got in the organization and understood i would not be working under the people who hired me!

Interview Questions
    • random numbers and a calculation for the GMROI and GMROFF   View Answer