Walmart

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

CSM

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in January 2010.

Interview Details – The wait to a manager to come start the interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you were asked to do something you didnt agree with.   Answer Question

CSM

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – Walmart uses the STAR interview process nothing really hard just be ready to answer each question.

Interview Question – All questions were the same.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase, either you accept the offer or decline.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – The first interview is done with a hourly associate, then asst. mang., if you make it that far final enterview is with the store manager. The first interview consists of a series of what if questions that repeat and repeat the same questions in different words. It is a long demeaning process. I have preformed hundreds of them.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer who wanted you to go against store policy, and wanted to see your manager. Then have that manager over ride policy to avoid a complaint to home office.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

CSM

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Simple, very basic questions.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

CSM

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Interview Details – i had to go to walmarts personnel office repeatedly to ask about my application. each time was the answer "oh okay thanks for coming in il look at it and get back with you" wait a week or two then same thing after two months they finally decided to schedue me an interview (the next day during my other jobs work schedule) i had to request time off so i could go to an interview! very unorganized, the manager hiring didnt know what he was doing and probably didnt understand half the things he was asking me off the paper.

Interview Question – none very generic questions anybody with half a brain could pass the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – heres what we offer thats it nothing else take it or leave it

Roanoke, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very laid back atmosphere (deceptive to how they really are), friendly, and they gave you plenty of time to answer the interview questions

Interview Question – What was the most difficult project you have ever done and what were the steps taken to complete it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really? They offered me a starting rate of pay so take it or leave it.

Roxboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2012.

Interview Details – Walmart has a 3 interview process. 1st interview they ask you a series of questions, all the same scripted from a sheet of paper, that they score at the end, based on the interviewers opinion. the questions ar ranged from your previous employment skills, give situation based on your previous employment, and how did you handle that situation. 2nd interview is based on job history references and more questions, same questions as 1st interview just worded differently. if you make it the the 3rd interview its the job offer, they tell you what position they are hiring you for and the rate of pay if you accept...

Interview Question – The questions are not difficult, just the same questions re worded over and over basically..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not negotiation, if you don't like the job offer they give you they move on to the next applicant.

CSM

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Interview was done and had three interviews right on the same day. Was pretty basic in questions that were asked. Had to do some role playing how would you handle certain problems or employees. Sent for drug test same day as the interviews.

Interview Question – There were no difficult question, the questions were pretty basic and if you think logically and use your head there is no way not to impress them with answers given.   Answer Question

CSM

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Easy hiring proses. Basic behavior questions eg) Tell me about a time you had to use your leadership skills. There is a multiple choice test, but you should be able to pass it with basic common sense.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to use your leadership skills.   Answer Question

Boothwyn, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2008.

Interview Details – Quick and positive

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!