Walmart Cake Decorator Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

1.7

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They asked me a serious of customer service questions about customer service and how I would handle certain situations. Also, they talked to me about decorating cakes and what my experience was. They wanted to know the history of my experience in cake decorating and why I wanted to work in the field.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Human resources will call and schedule an interview. The first interview will be with the supervisor for the area specifically with the job. The second interview will be with the Assistant Manager over the area. The third interview will be with a co-manager or store manager of the store.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very generic. How will you benefit the company? In this situation, what would you do? etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. You take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart (Saginaw, MI) in April 2009.

Interview

Application is strictly computerized, check ALL positions you are willing to consider to get in the door since this affects how often managers will see your application and their flexibility in placing you into a position that most suits both sides, interviews are done from a script and are simple to pass (be friendly, likeable, enthusiastic, willing to work with their needs), references are checked, and must pass a drug screen

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced a problem in a previous job and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They set the wage based on your experience and asking price, so it is good to bid yourself slightly high on application (but not out of range or the computer does not "recommend" you)