Walmart

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cart Pusher Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – First you get called in against a group of other potiental workers than they interview you each separately and whoever they like the most they keep.

Interview Question – All the scenario questions where a little unexpected   Answer Question

Cartersville, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2012.

Interview Details – You are asked a series of questions by a manager and the person who will be your supervisor is present. An example of a question is "describe how you've made plans to solve a problem sometime in your life."

Interview Question – Describe a time in your past when you strategized to solve a problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate. Your pay is decided by how much experience you have in that particular field.

Long Island City, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2008.

Interview Details – i took a few tests on the computer than iI spoke to someone briefly

Negotiation Details – there was none

Very Easy Interview

Baytown, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was a short group interview,they asked me simple experience questions, like what would I do in this or that situation,why did I want to work there,what was my previous work experience,what did I expect of this job,what was my pay expectations,what were my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job ?   View Answer

Bloomington, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – I worked at walmart as an overnight stocker for a year and a half, so my skills assessment was still in the system. I just filled out the application at their kiosk and got a call back less than a month later. They asked if I could come in for an interview. I came in and interviewed with the personnel lady. The interview was easy (as I've done it before). I went out to the lobby and waited for 20 minutes and came back to interview with an assistant manager. He said I'd be good for the job, and sent me on the way. Last time I worked there, there were three interviews, the last being with a co-manager. But hey, whatever, less interviews the better. My job offer was two days later.

Interview Question – What was something you did to help maintain a positive work environment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's a bad idea to try to negotiate with walmart. They'll use any reason possible to stop you from getting the job. They look for several different warning signs to see if you're just getting hired to get fired for unemployment.

Very Easy Interview

Cart Pusher Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in November 2011.

Interview Details – Everyone must first take a personality test. It is a really easy test that seems to weed out illiterate people (also the totally socially inept.) Once you pass that, expect two separate one on one interviews. First interview is with what they call a sponsor employee. The second interview is with a mananager. Expect that both of these interviews will pretty much contain the same questions. If you pass the interviews, they want you to take a drug test on the same day. Expect a call within two days with a notice of whether or not you are hired.

Interview Questions

Cart Pusher Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – Was an easy interview process one of the assistant managers called me a couple of weeks after I had submitted my application online. First I was scheduled for an interview, I had to answer several situational questions that the manager read off to me, it didn't seem very important WHAT my answers were as long as I answered every part of the question. I did hit a snag when my references I had listed did not answer the manager's calls, I offered to give someone else as a reference but I was told that she could only use the ones I listed in my application. However, she went ahead and finished the interview process and set me up for a drug test and had me fill out a paper for a background check. After she got hold of my references she called me back and informed me when orientation would be.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you ___________. How did you react? What was the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was desperate for a job at the time, so I didn't even attempt to negotiate, but there is a place on your application which asks your minimum compensation. I know several other walmart associates who asked for more and got it, usually because of previous retail experience.

Very Difficult Interview

Cart Pusher Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – it was hard for me because it was my first time interviewing like this.

Interview Question – describe a time when you didnt follow the rules. and what was the out come   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Cart Pusher interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.