Walmart Cart Pusher Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Mesa, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

So they will sit you down. ask you a bunch a questions that they have on a peace of paper.
then if they like you then you will get a second one with the same questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cart Pusher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

First you get called in against a group of other potiental workers than they interview you each separately and whoever they like the most they keep.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Cartersville, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

You are asked a series of questions by a manager and the person who will be your supervisor is present. An example of a question is "describe how you've made plans to solve a problem sometime in your life."

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your past when you strategized to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. Your pay is decided by how much experience you have in that particular field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Baytown, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

It was a short group interview,they asked me simple experience questions, like what would I do in this or that situation,why did I want to work there,what was my previous work experience,what did I expect of this job,what was my pay expectations,what were my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Bloomington, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

I worked at walmart as an overnight stocker for a year and a half, so my skills assessment was still in the system. I just filled out the application at their kiosk and got a call back less than a month later. They asked if I could come in for an interview. I came in and interviewed with the personnel lady. The interview was easy (as I've done it before). I went out to the lobby and waited for 20 minutes and came back to interview with an assistant manager. He said I'd be good for the job, and sent me on the way. Last time I worked there, there were three interviews, the last being with a co-manager. But hey, whatever, less interviews the better. My job offer was two days later.

Interview Questions

• What was something you did to help maintain a positive work environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's a bad idea to try to negotiate with walmart. They'll use any reason possible to stop you from getting the job. They look for several different warning signs to see if you're just getting hired to get fired for unemployment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Long Island City, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

i took a few tests on the computer than iI spoke to someone briefly

Negotiation

there was none

Cart Pusher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart in November 2011.

Interview

Everyone must first take a personality test. It is a really easy test that seems to weed out illiterate people (also the totally socially inept.) Once you pass that, expect two separate one on one interviews. First interview is with what they call a sponsor employee. The second interview is with a mananager. Expect that both of these interviews will pretty much contain the same questions. If you pass the interviews, they want you to take a drug test on the same day. Expect a call within two days with a notice of whether or not you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • If a customer becomes irate, what are some ways you would help sh situation?   Answer Question

Cart Pusher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview

it was hard for me because it was my first time interviewing like this.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you didnt follow the rules. and what was the out come   1 Answer

Cart Pusher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview

Was an easy interview process one of the assistant managers called me a couple of weeks after I had submitted my application online. First I was scheduled for an interview, I had to answer several situational questions that the manager read off to me, it didn't seem very important WHAT my answers were as long as I answered every part of the question. I did hit a snag when my references I had listed did not answer the manager's calls, I offered to give someone else as a reference but I was told that she could only use the ones I listed in my application. However, she went ahead and finished the interview process and set me up for a drug test and had me fill out a paper for a background check. After she got hold of my references she called me back and informed me when orientation would be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you ___________. How did you react? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was desperate for a job at the time, so I didn't even attempt to negotiate, but there is a place on your application which asks your minimum compensation. I know several other walmart associates who asked for more and got it, usually because of previous retail experience.