Walmart Cashier Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.2

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

See you Monday.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Associate Interview

I was called by Human Resources and was asked to come in for an interview 3 days following this initial phone call. I was interviewed by a Customer Service Manager and then one of the General Managers. The interviews were very thorough, asked A LOT of questions and really seemed interested in ME. They told me right on the spot that as long as I passed the background check and drug screening (which they pay for themselves and I was sent to go to immediately) that I was hired. They also told me what my pay would be (which was almost $2.00 over minimum wage).

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember exactly how it was worded; but, it was something to the effect of, "Name a difficult situation at work where you put in a complicated position." This is a tough question as you want to be able to "sell yourself"; yet, you do not want to sound like you are bragging either.   Answer Question
    No, I did not negotiate as the pay they offered was already higher than I had expected.

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Piece of cake got the job on my first interview.. Everyone was nice and I felt right at home just by interacting with the employees at orientation. The pay is not as good but its a job where u can step up and be trained as a manager or CS Associate, what I like the most is the customers, it really feels good to come to work and to hear them call you by your first name. I luv it..

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

I put in an online application three weeks ago...and I was called in for an interview. The interviewer was an assistant manager to the department that was looking for potential employees...the interview went well...he asked about six questions regarding scenarios about different situations dealing with customers..ex. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it? Then he told me he would like to set me up with a second interview...the second interview was with an assistant store manager...that went very well..he asked me similar questions..Im waiting on the third interview..hope I get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had a project due that was difficult..what did you do to finish it...and did you finish it on time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I have 21 year of experience as a customer service as experierce I have operated the ten key machine , and computerized cash register and this makes me strong candidate for this company. I have been involved with all store operations including opening and closing the store and reconciling the and evening tills, ensuring that all product and items are neatly stacked and organized. cleaning all common areas of storefront in addition to the restrooms and all the related tasks. I have also completed inventory control along with loading and unloading products from Delivers and vendors.

Interview Questions
    • Dissatisfied customers Don't complain they keep it to the key of heart.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucca Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucca Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

I was called on a Monday, asked to come in for an interview on the following day (Tuesday) and then was informed on Thursday that I had orientation on Friday, so ultimately the whole process took less than a week. To become a cashier associate at Walmart you must go through 3 interviews. The first interview is composed of 5 to 6 scenario questions, Describe a time when...What would you do if...How did you handle..etc. The second interview is pretty much the same thing, the questions are just worded differently but you can definitely use the same answers from the first. If you get moved on to the third "interview" you have the job, given you pass the drug/background check (:

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you dealt with an irate customer. How did you handle this situation and make sure to explain in full detail the steps you took in order to solve the customer's problem.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, once in the third interview you look over some paperwork that shows a pay rate and you either agree or disagree and pass on the job.

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Waited like 45 minute before being seem by someone before being interview, was interview for a cashier position and got interview by one person first a department manger, then by three people next, asking basically the same question just in different concepts or content.

Interview Questions
    • What steps or how do you handle a situation that involved a employee acting in an unsafe manner? How do you handle this, and do you feel what you did was the right thing to do?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase just you want the job you got it, here your pay rate very low.

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Applied, called me a month or so later, scheduled an interview for the next week. Interview was super quick and easy and was hired on the spot. Did paperwork and etc. the very next day and started the job the following week.

Interview Questions
    • It was a lot of "name a time" type questions, which became repetitive after a while.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Was call the day after I submitted the application. Got an interview with one of the supervisors and he invited me to a second interview. The second interview had the same questions asked during first interview and was hired.

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

You are called in for an interview, you sit one on one with a manager, they ask some questions, like when you displayed leadership, how you resolved a problem, if you get called, you have the job.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate.