Walmart

Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.2

78 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

See you Monday.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

They called me into the back office where they asked a few questions about my personal life. Drug test. Question about a time when you had to take charge. They asked me about my background and my school life. I had to leave and take the drug test. Once it was processed and sent back to Walmart they called me in to begin with orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about having to deal with a difficult decision and how I handled it.   View Answer
    I was hired right away because they needed cashiers.

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

I received a call asking when I would be interested in an interview. The interview consisted on talking with a lower manager, then the department manager. They were both similar and asked simple questions regarding my education, and if I am in school.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a past situation when something went wrong and you had to take leadership on a team.   Answer Question
    You do not have much say, most people in your position are paid the same

Cashier Associate Interview

General questions on behavior and making sure you can work well with others. After that they basically asked for availability and as long as you give something you will get the job. Don't worry too much.

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied online in late april. Called for general interview within two weeks. Easy interview process. Some benefits if you are able to gain FT hours. The amount of work and days they expect you to work are not flexible for a person with a family. Walmart positions are more for people who do not have families or young children at home. Call in/off process is very involved as well. Not realistic in my personal opinion. Overall I think it's great for a 1st time job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a coworker was being difficult and you had to report this to management?   Answer Question

Pay Scale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

One of the easiest Interviews i've ever had. you will have 3 interviews. one with a CSM, another with an assistant manager, and the last interview really wasn't an interview it was more of a job offer with the store manager. Questions were easy. All were scenario questions. The two interviews both asked about 6 Scenario questions. Both were the same 6 questions. They will do a background check and a Drug Test. Basically if you get called you got the job unless you can't answer the questions or fail the drug test or Background Chek

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Extremely easy. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She asked me to verify all of the information from my online application, then asked me pretty much the same question 4 times, just worded differently. They were all "tell me about a time that you had a challenge/difficulty/problem/issue". I just cited differentl examples, but basically said the same thing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to prioritize a project. How did you do it, etc   View Answer
    No negotiation. When we sat down I saw a post-it note on my folder with the salary and title, so I knew that it was all or nothing. I use the term "all" loosely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

The interview was easy a walk through the talent center. Had to role play as cashier then a stocker after that they sat us in a room taught us the Walmart cheer after that the interviewers put a video of Walmart's culture then they call us one by one into the office made us fill some paper work then a e screen(drug test) then a consent to background check

Interview Questions
    • Will it be the same co worker that left me unsatisfied   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

Applied Monday night and got called for an interview on Tuesday night. Wednesday morning I went to the interview, with quite a few people there. My first interview contained about 5 pre-screening questions such as, "Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a coworker or guest and how you solved it". I would say the first interview is the worst part of the whole process. After that, they told me to wait outside for a second interview with a assistant manager. The assistant manager invited me into her office and asked me simple questions about my availability and what position I want. It was very quick and she told me to go wait outside for my 3rd interview with the store manager. Store manager invited me into the office, described what cashiers do, and hired me on the spot. Quick and easy.

I got sent to my drug test after all the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had a conflict with a coworker or customer, describe a time where you identified a small problem and fixed it before it became a bigger problem, describe a time where you had do a task or project and how you succeeded.   View Answer
    No negotiation, 8.65 hourly.

Cashier Associate Interview

I was called by Human Resources and was asked to come in for an interview 3 days following this initial phone call. I was interviewed by a Customer Service Manager and then one of the General Managers. The interviews were very thorough, asked A LOT of questions and really seemed interested in ME. They told me right on the spot that as long as I passed the background check and drug screening (which they pay for themselves and I was sent to go to immediately) that I was hired. They also told me what my pay would be (which was almost $2.00 over minimum wage).

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember exactly how it was worded; but, it was something to the effect of, "Name a difficult situation at work where you put in a complicated position." This is a tough question as you want to be able to "sell yourself"; yet, you do not want to sound like you are bragging either.   Answer Question
    No, I did not negotiate as the pay they offered was already higher than I had expected.