Walmart Cashier Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.2

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

Negotiation

See you Monday.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Daytona Beach, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

A brief 10 minute phone call (for veterans through recruiting agency) That consisted of the interviewer waiting for me to to stop talking after I answered. Set aside a quiet area to get this accomplished. The staff was courteous and easy to talk to.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Canton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Monday got a call to come in for a interview that Wednesday. There were 2 interviews in total(I had both the same day) a 1on 1 with a supervisor and then a panel of 3 managers. They asked 5 situational questions in total in both interviews.

Interview Questions

• That asked specifically situational questions and you could use any experience didn't necessarily have to be from work.   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for everything for Walmart, and the same day I got a call about a cashier position they had and wanted me in for an interview. I have experience working on a "service desk" before and being a cashier. My interviewer asked lots of personality/scenario based questions, and was really impressed that I had supervised people. She recommended I be hired on as a Customer Service Manager, and went to go talk to HR, and they all encouraged me to go apply for that position online. I was very flattered but I didn't want that position because of all the awful reviews I read on this website about it.

Interview Questions

• Describe at time when you were gave or received excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They called me into the back office where they asked a few questions about my personal life. Drug test. Question about a time when you had to take charge. They asked me about my background and my school life. I had to leave and take the drug test. Once it was processed and sent back to Walmart they called me in to begin with orientation.

Interview Questions

• Questions about having to deal with a difficult decision and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired right away because they needed cashiers.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I received a call asking when I would be interested in an interview. The interview consisted on talking with a lower manager, then the department manager. They were both similar and asked simple questions regarding my education, and if I am in school.

Interview Questions

• Explain a past situation when something went wrong and you had to take leadership on a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You do not have much say, most people in your position are paid the same

Cashier Associate Interview

Interview

General questions on behavior and making sure you can work well with others. After that they basically asked for availability and as long as you give something you will get the job. Don't worry too much.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied online in late april. Called for general interview within two weeks. Easy interview process. Some benefits if you are able to gain FT hours. The amount of work and days they expect you to work are not flexible for a person with a family. Walmart positions are more for people who do not have families or young children at home. Call in/off process is very involved as well. Not realistic in my personal opinion. Overall I think it's great for a 1st time job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a coworker was being difficult and you had to report this to management?   Answer Question

Pay Scale

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Elk Grove, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

One of the easiest Interviews i've ever had. you will have 3 interviews. one with a CSM, another with an assistant manager, and the last interview really wasn't an interview it was more of a job offer with the store manager. Questions were easy. All were scenario questions. The two interviews both asked about 6 Scenario questions. Both were the same 6 questions. They will do a background check and a Drug Test. Basically if you get called you got the job unless you can't answer the questions or fail the drug test or Background Chek

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Elkton, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Extremely easy. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She asked me to verify all of the information from my online application, then asked me pretty much the same question 4 times, just worded differently. They were all "tell me about a time that you had a challenge/difficulty/problem/issue". I just cited differentl examples, but basically said the same thing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to prioritize a project. How did you do it, etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. When we sat down I saw a post-it note on my folder with the salary and title, so I knew that it was all or nothing. I use the term "all" loosely.