Walmart Cashier Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.1

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

Negotiation

See you Monday.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online open to a variety of positions. 2 weeks later was asked to interview for Deli. It does not appear the app info is reviewed prior or during the interview. Hours/shift/rate/job duties were not discussed. 3 days later, was called for another interview as a cashier at same store. 2nd interviewer had no knowledge I had interviewed 3 days earlier for another dept. Again, very vague with hours etc. Upon asking for clarification, I was told it would be a temporary postion, max 180 days with less than 32 hours a week, days/hours/shifts can change at any time. Shifts can be only a few hours or up to 8 hours. Interviewer seemed kind of surprised I was going to try to retain a part time job I was hired for a couple weeks prior (2 shifts a week) AND work at Walmart at the same time. I was told Walmart has high standards for their cashiers and times them from when they clock in to when they get to the register and that the cashier needs to interact with the customer. No info as to how many positions are open/when decision will be made etc. Take from that what you will.

Interview Questions

• Both interviewers the exact same questions. Name a project you worked on. Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer. I think 5 questions total.   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

There was no interview I was just given the job. (Red flag instantly) basically a job for high school kids and old ladies oh and people with no college education what so ever.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Went straight to customer service area. Didn't take long for me to be interviewed. One of the managers said she loved my smile (make sure to smile and laugh all the time). Interview was like 15 mins, then I left the store. Received a phone call three hours later saying I was hired for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a customer needed a lot of attention and how did you help them?   1 Answer

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

HR sits you in a room and asks standard screening questions. They then have a member of the management team that will be overseeing you take part in the second interview. If you get called back a third time it will be a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to finish a task in a quick and efficient matter. How did you complete the task what tools did you use and how did it turn out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

The interviewing process was pretty typical. I was contacted by the store to set up an interview. They asked basic questions like tell me about yourself, what can you contribute to our store, etc. I heard back from the store within a few days about an opportunity. Overall it was a fairly organized process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• How I handle stressful situations. The interview was quite brief. The interviewer asked many questions that dealt with customer service and attitude towards customers. Also questions on handling money was a topic. I felt very comfortable during the entire interview process. The overall experience of the interview went well. I do not believe this is hard work for anyone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chardon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Chardon, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fun. They were super nice. They understand that you're nervous and the questions are super easy. They're what would you do-type questions. Situational. The process was fast. Happened within three days. It was really fun to do as I first time interview. Also, they pay well for your first induction. One last thing; If you apply as a teen, you need your parents there to sign off on a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at WalMart?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lauderdale Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Lauderdale Lakes, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It wasn't bad, they asked about typical work scenarios grouped in five questions each. Not sure if I was able to answer all of them effectively, that's why I prefer writing essays to conversation.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a customer who was particularly happy with the help you provided them?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever gone out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you had to handle a project by yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't get the initial cashier position, but they called me a couple weeks later about a position as a grocer.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy.. My interviewer only asked me about my previous job experience that was retail. They really stress customer service so make sure you have no problem with that. I made a lot of eye contact and smiled a lot since I will be a cashier and Walmart is a job that strives on customer satisfaction. You do have to do a drug and background check and your job offer depends on it. So if you fail the drug test they will not call you back to start orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Walmart starts all associates at $9.00 now and up depending on position and experience so that's a bonus!