Walmart Cashier Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.1

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

Negotiation

See you Monday.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

HR sits you in a room and asks standard screening questions. They then have a member of the management team that will be overseeing you take part in the second interview. If you get called back a third time it will be a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to finish a task in a quick and efficient matter. How did you complete the task what tools did you use and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

The interviewing process was pretty typical. I was contacted by the store to set up an interview. They asked basic questions like tell me about yourself, what can you contribute to our store, etc. I heard back from the store within a few days about an opportunity. Overall it was a fairly organized process.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• How I handle stressful situations. The interview was quite brief. The interviewer asked many questions that dealt with customer service and attitude towards customers. Also questions on handling money was a topic. I felt very comfortable during the entire interview process. The overall experience of the interview went well. I do not believe this is hard work for anyone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chardon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Chardon, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fun. They were super nice. They understand that you're nervous and the questions are super easy. They're what would you do-type questions. Situational. The process was fast. Happened within three days. It was really fun to do as I first time interview. Also, they pay well for your first induction. One last thing; If you apply as a teen, you need your parents there to sign off on a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at WalMart?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy.. My interviewer only asked me about my previous job experience that was retail. They really stress customer service so make sure you have no problem with that. I made a lot of eye contact and smiled a lot since I will be a cashier and Walmart is a job that strives on customer satisfaction. You do have to do a drug and background check and your job offer depends on it. So if you fail the drug test they will not call you back to start orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Walmart starts all associates at $9.00 now and up depending on position and experience so that's a bonus!

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I had to interviews in one day if you pass both you go to hr get paper work for a drug test you must take in 24 hours and remember to smile and laugh a little bit

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond your job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Daytona Beach, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

A brief 10 minute phone call (for veterans through recruiting agency) That consisted of the interviewer waiting for me to to stop talking after I answered. Set aside a quiet area to get this accomplished. The staff was courteous and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Irving, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really easy. First you get a phone interview and then a in person interview at the Talent Center in Irving. I picked an early time for my interview it was really a conversation more than a interview over the positions i applied for. I took the drug test and started my background check. I just received an offer today, so it might take time to hear back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting pay is $9/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Cookeville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, takes about a week to get hired, so will need time for it to kick in. you will also feel as if you didn't get the job for some time after the first call.

Interview Questions

• what other jobs have you worked for that could help you to work in this field.   Answer Question