Walmart

Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.2

74 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

See you Monday.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Extremely easy. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She asked me to verify all of the information from my online application, then asked me pretty much the same question 4 times, just worded differently. They were all "tell me about a time that you had a challenge/difficulty/problem/issue". I just cited differentl examples, but basically said the same thing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to prioritize a project. How did you do it, etc   View Answer
    No negotiation. When we sat down I saw a post-it note on my folder with the salary and title, so I knew that it was all or nothing. I use the term "all" loosely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

One of the easiest Interviews i've ever had. you will have 3 interviews. one with a CSM, another with an assistant manager, and the last interview really wasn't an interview it was more of a job offer with the store manager. Questions were easy. All were scenario questions. The two interviews both asked about 6 Scenario questions. Both were the same 6 questions. They will do a background check and a Drug Test. Basically if you get called you got the job unless you can't answer the questions or fail the drug test or Background Chek

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

The interview was easy a walk through the talent center. Had to role play as cashier then a stocker after that they sat us in a room taught us the Walmart cheer after that the interviewers put a video of Walmart's culture then they call us one by one into the office made us fill some paper work then a e screen(drug test) then a consent to background check

Interview Questions
    • Will it be the same co worker that left me unsatisfied   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

Applied Monday night and got called for an interview on Tuesday night. Wednesday morning I went to the interview, with quite a few people there. My first interview contained about 5 pre-screening questions such as, "Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a coworker or guest and how you solved it". I would say the first interview is the worst part of the whole process. After that, they told me to wait outside for a second interview with a assistant manager. The assistant manager invited me into her office and asked me simple questions about my availability and what position I want. It was very quick and she told me to go wait outside for my 3rd interview with the store manager. Store manager invited me into the office, described what cashiers do, and hired me on the spot. Quick and easy.

I got sent to my drug test after all the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had a conflict with a coworker or customer, describe a time where you identified a small problem and fixed it before it became a bigger problem, describe a time where you had do a task or project and how you succeeded.   View Answer
    No negotiation, 8.65 hourly.

Cashier Associate Interview

I was called by Human Resources and was asked to come in for an interview 3 days following this initial phone call. I was interviewed by a Customer Service Manager and then one of the General Managers. The interviews were very thorough, asked A LOT of questions and really seemed interested in ME. They told me right on the spot that as long as I passed the background check and drug screening (which they pay for themselves and I was sent to go to immediately) that I was hired. They also told me what my pay would be (which was almost $2.00 over minimum wage).

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember exactly how it was worded; but, it was something to the effect of, "Name a difficult situation at work where you put in a complicated position." This is a tough question as you want to be able to "sell yourself"; yet, you do not want to sound like you are bragging either.   Answer Question
    No, I did not negotiate as the pay they offered was already higher than I had expected.

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Piece of cake got the job on my first interview.. Everyone was nice and I felt right at home just by interacting with the employees at orientation. The pay is not as good but its a job where u can step up and be trained as a manager or CS Associate, what I like the most is the customers, it really feels good to come to work and to hear them call you by your first name. I luv it..

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

I put in an online application three weeks ago...and I was called in for an interview. The interviewer was an assistant manager to the department that was looking for potential employees...the interview went well...he asked about six questions regarding scenarios about different situations dealing with customers..ex. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it? Then he told me he would like to set me up with a second interview...the second interview was with an assistant store manager...that went very well..he asked me similar questions..Im waiting on the third interview..hope I get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had a project due that was difficult..what did you do to finish it...and did you finish it on time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I have 21 year of experience as a customer service as experierce I have operated the ten key machine , and computerized cash register and this makes me strong candidate for this company. I have been involved with all store operations including opening and closing the store and reconciling the and evening tills, ensuring that all product and items are neatly stacked and organized. cleaning all common areas of storefront in addition to the restrooms and all the related tasks. I have also completed inventory control along with loading and unloading products from Delivers and vendors.

Interview Questions
    • Dissatisfied customers Don't complain they keep it to the key of heart.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucca Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucca Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

I was called on a Monday, asked to come in for an interview on the following day (Tuesday) and then was informed on Thursday that I had orientation on Friday, so ultimately the whole process took less than a week. To become a cashier associate at Walmart you must go through 3 interviews. The first interview is composed of 5 to 6 scenario questions, Describe a time when...What would you do if...How did you handle..etc. The second interview is pretty much the same thing, the questions are just worded differently but you can definitely use the same answers from the first. If you get moved on to the third "interview" you have the job, given you pass the drug/background check (:

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you dealt with an irate customer. How did you handle this situation and make sure to explain in full detail the steps you took in order to solve the customer's problem.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, once in the third interview you look over some paperwork that shows a pay rate and you either agree or disagree and pass on the job.