Walmart Cashier Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.2

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart.

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

See you Monday.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Associate Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Hiring process by HR was through and complete with a walk-through orientation, handbook, and explanation to new hires on internal reporting process, compliance expectations, onboard training and ongoing CBLs (computer safety, standard operating procedures and compliance training pertaining to position held). Management was routinely available and helpful to answer questions to new employees.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most challenging experience in your work history and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question
    Job located through State job agency that required applicants must be willing to work part-time, full-time, temp or contract during any hours and at any rate of pay. The offer was minimum wage, part-time without negotiation. 9 months later, I received a $0.15 per hour raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sebring, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebring, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

I was hired right away, it was a piece of cake. I have answered the questions honestly and passed them. just do not say any thing that is not smart.

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart.

Piece of cake got the job on my first interview.. Everyone was nice and I felt right at home just by interacting with the employees at orientation. The pay is not as good but its a job where u can step up and be trained as a manager or CS Associate, what I like the most is the customers, it really feels good to come to work and to hear them call you by your first name. I luv it..

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart.

I put in an online application three weeks ago...and I was called in for an interview. The interviewer was an assistant manager to the department that was looking for potential employees...the interview went well...he asked about six questions regarding scenarios about different situations dealing with customers..ex. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it? Then he told me he would like to set me up with a second interview...the second interview was with an assistant store manager...that went very well..he asked me similar questions..Im waiting on the third interview..hope I get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had a project due that was difficult..what did you do to finish it...and did you finish it on time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I have 21 year of experience as a customer service as experierce I have operated the ten key machine , and computerized cash register and this makes me strong candidate for this company. I have been involved with all store operations including opening and closing the store and reconciling the and evening tills, ensuring that all product and items are neatly stacked and organized. cleaning all common areas of storefront in addition to the restrooms and all the related tasks. I have also completed inventory control along with loading and unloading products from Delivers and vendors.

Interview Questions
    • Dissatisfied customers Don't complain they keep it to the key of heart.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Logan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Was call the day after I submitted the application. Got an interview with one of the supervisors and he invited me to a second interview. The second interview had the same questions asked during first interview and was hired.

Did not negotiate

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in March 2011.

The hiring and interview process was pretty normal. The usual questions about how you would handle certain situations. I had three people interview me separately. It did take them a couple of months to respond to my application. But once they did I was training the next day which was fast for me but ok.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yucca Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucca Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

I was called on a Monday, asked to come in for an interview on the following day (Tuesday) and then was informed on Thursday that I had orientation on Friday, so ultimately the whole process took less than a week. To become a cashier associate at Walmart you must go through 3 interviews. The first interview is composed of 5 to 6 scenario questions, Describe a time when...What would you do if...How did you handle..etc. The second interview is pretty much the same thing, the questions are just worded differently but you can definitely use the same answers from the first. If you get moved on to the third "interview" you have the job, given you pass the drug/background check (:

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you dealt with an irate customer. How did you handle this situation and make sure to explain in full detail the steps you took in order to solve the customer's problem.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, once in the third interview you look over some paperwork that shows a pay rate and you either agree or disagree and pass on the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Application is on the internet. There are NO paper applications. You will need to create a login ID because it is a long process, as you pass each phase. There is a section that will require you answer over 60 questions. If you can't finish in one sitting, that's okay. You can stop, log out, and go back later. It will take you where you left off. If there are positions, and your application is selected, you will be called in for an initial interview. That goes well, there maybe a couple of more interviews. Do NOT try to contact the store to follow up on your application or interview. You will only annoy these people and put your chance of being hired at risk. They are very busy and don't have time for inquiries. Just go back on a regular basis (once a month or so) and find something to update on the application to keep it active.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to give examples on how you handled certain situations; how you helped someone you didn't have to, there's too much work but it has to get done by a certain deadline - how did you do it, how were you able to resolve an angry person to remedy the situation. You need give real life examples. They don't have to be work related experiences.   Answer Question
    Very limited. I was lucky at the time I was hired because it was more flexible. But pay and availability are part of a regulated corporate structure, so management only have so much at their disposal to offer.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!