Walmart Cashier Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.2

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

the hiring for the company was very short We just had to watch a film ,then fill out paper work .Put our code in the system . then we all had 4 hours on the computer to answer question from the film we watch to make sure we understood what we needed to know.

Interview Questions
  • these question is the first time I've been ask these questions   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Waited like 45 minute before being seem by someone before being interview, was interview for a cashier position and got interview by one person first a department manger, then by three people next, asking basically the same question just in different concepts or content.

Interview Questions
    • What steps or how do you handle a situation that involved a employee acting in an unsafe manner? How do you handle this, and do you feel what you did was the right thing to do?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase just you want the job you got it, here your pay rate very low.

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

the interview process was very quick and sweet..i had two interviews in one day and the last was a bout 5 days later after the background check and after about 2 more days they called me in for my orientation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmond, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

You are called in for an interview, you sit one on one with a manager, they ask some questions, like when you displayed leadership, how you resolved a problem, if you get called, you have the job.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate.

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart.

Applied, called me a month or so later, scheduled an interview for the next week. Interview was super quick and easy and was hired on the spot. Did paperwork and etc. the very next day and started the job the following week.

Interview Questions
    • It was a lot of "name a time" type questions, which became repetitive after a while.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hixson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hixson, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

The fun part was actually trying to get the interview. I called these people for five straight days before I ever got a chance to speak with someone. They made me wait for nearly an hour by the back restrooms for someone to come get me. After that they sat me down in personnel and made me wait more. Then one of the associates sat down. She wasn't even a manager. She was a cashier. She asked me a few questions, same standard stuff everywhere else asks. I answered her questions and she left. Then another girl sat down. A CSM (Customer Service Manager) began to ask the same questions to me that the other girl did. I answered them, and she left. Shortly thereafter they offered me a salary and gave me the address to the drug testing facility. Yes, they test initially; however, they don't do it again after that. I passed that, got the job and showed up the next morning to what I assumed would be a somewhat enjoyable experience,

Interview Questions
    It was about two seconds long. You want this money? Yes! You're hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Asked me about an experience dealing with angry customers, etc.
    Asked me about previous work experience.
    Told me I'd have to deal with a lot of different types of people.
    Offered me the job.

I see on your application you have $8. We're going to offer $7.90. Is that ok?

I was desperate...

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

You go in and the HR person will be the one to interview you. If you had any classes in high school that teaches you about being interviewed, they ask you the simplest and easiest questions.

Interview Questions
    I was offered the job on the spot and since I had previous experience, I got a dollar more pay rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

Assistant manager just asked a series of questions on how you would handle certain customer situations. Also included some past experience questions either related to past work experience or school. Very straight forward pass or fail. Sat down and told me the starting hourly wage amount no negotiations. I interviewed with two managers separately. There was a lot of down time just waiting. The process went very smoothly, have no complaints.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer or what have you done in the past to satisfy a customers needs?   View Answer
    • What process do you take when having to complete a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clinton Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

the interview was kinda hard to me they asked very senario questions and things like that once i past the first interview and was asked to have an second interview with the district manager once i had that and past they called my references and i had to take a drug test. i pasted and was hired on spot