Walmart

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Applied, called me a month or so later, scheduled an interview for the next week. Interview was super quick and easy and was hired on the spot. Did paperwork and etc. the very next day and started the job the following week.

Interview Question – It was a lot of "name a time" type questions, which became repetitive after a while.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hixson, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview Details – The fun part was actually trying to get the interview. I called these people for five straight days before I ever got a chance to speak with someone. They made me wait for nearly an hour by the back restrooms for someone to come get me. After that they sat me down in personnel and made me wait more. Then one of the associates sat down. She wasn't even a manager. She was a cashier. She asked me a few questions, same standard stuff everywhere else asks. I answered her questions and she left. Then another girl sat down. A CSM (Customer Service Manager) began to ask the same questions to me that the other girl did. I answered them, and she left. Shortly thereafter they offered me a salary and gave me the address to the drug testing facility. Yes, they test initially; however, they don't do it again after that. I passed that, got the job and showed up the next morning to what I assumed would be a somewhat enjoyable experience,

Interview Question – None of the questions were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was about two seconds long. You want this money? Yes! You're hired.

Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Asked me about an experience dealing with angry customers, etc.
Asked me about previous work experience.
Told me I'd have to deal with a lot of different types of people.
Offered me the job.

Negotiation Details – I see on your application you have $8. We're going to offer $7.90. Is that ok?

I was desperate...

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – You go in and the HR person will be the one to interview you. If you had any classes in high school that teaches you about being interviewed, they ask you the simplest and easiest questions.

Interview Question – What do you know about this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the job on the spot and since I had previous experience, I got a dollar more pay rate.

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

Interview Details – Assistant manager just asked a series of questions on how you would handle certain customer situations. Also included some past experience questions either related to past work experience or school. Very straight forward pass or fail. Sat down and told me the starting hourly wage amount no negotiations. I interviewed with two managers separately. There was a lot of down time just waiting. The process went very smoothly, have no complaints.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer or what have you done in the past to satisfy a customers needs?   View Answer
  • What process do you take when having to complete a project?   Answer Question

Clinton Township, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – the interview was kinda hard to me they asked very senario questions and things like that once i past the first interview and was asked to have an second interview with the district manager once i had that and past they called my references and i had to take a drug test. i pasted and was hired on spot

Interview Question – when was a time that you showed leadership?   Answer Question

Lincoln, NE

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was called in and was asked to "discribe times when" questions to a Zoning Manager then a Salaried Manager

Interview Question – Discribe a time when you had to be a leader at something and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be a straight shooter and don't lie.

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – applied online, then the next day i got an email giving me the date and time of my interview.

Interview Question – how well can you work under pressure   Answer Question

Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for Walmart in April of 2009 and eventually got a call back in July 2009. They asked me to come in for an interview the following day. The interview process wasn't too hard. No extremely difficult questions. Just the general questions regarding interaction with others. The hiring manager seemed stern, so I wasn't too sure if she liked me, but at the conclusion of the interview, she told me I got the job. I was ecstatic. She then told me I had to take and pass a drug test within 24 hours of the job offer, or I would have to reapply and undergo another interview. They also said they had to run a background check. I went, passed, and Walmart called me back within a week for orientation.

Interview Question – What was one of your greatest challenges and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the hourly wage I was paid. I didn't mind starting at 8.40 an hour, but others may have a problem with it. I was just happy to get the job. You also get raises every year with a good review.

Tumwater, WA

Interview Details – I had two interviews, both by ladies. I was really nervous. They called me in for the first, it took less then ten minutes, asked me scenario questions. I smiled alot, it helps to have a sense of humor and to relate with the managers. I wore nice jeans but i suggest wearing nice black slacks and I wore a nice thin black button up over my gray shirt (they suggest that you wear grey/black/white. I covered all of my tattoos and had no visible piercings. They brought me outside and i sat their for about 20 minutes, honestly the wait was longer then the interviews. I was brought in for my second interview and it was with the manager, she also asked me scenario questions about five. The brought me out and I sat for 5 minutes and they called me back in and offered me the job on the spot.

All I can say is to try and strike up a good impression by smiling and light hearted conversation (I joked about my jeans) shake their hand firmly to show confidence and THINK about what youre going to say. They want answers that will show them that youre right for the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a hard experience in the work place, how did you over come it?   View Answer
  • What was a good work experience? What did you do to achieve it?   View Answer
  • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a less then pleasant customer, how did you handle it? what did you do to appease the customer?   View Answer