Walmart Cashier Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process went by fast. But, the Assistant Manger that interviewed me told me that he would be firing the two other Associates that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• He asked me questions about how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Daytona Beach, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

A brief 10 minute phone call (for veterans through recruiting agency) That consisted of the interviewer waiting for me to to stop talking after I answered. Set aside a quiet area to get this accomplished. The staff was courteous and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Irving, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really easy. First you get a phone interview and then a in person interview at the Talent Center in Irving. I picked an early time for my interview it was really a conversation more than a interview over the positions i applied for. I took the drug test and started my background check. I just received an offer today, so it might take time to hear back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting pay is $9/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Canton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Monday got a call to come in for a interview that Wednesday. There were 2 interviews in total(I had both the same day) a 1on 1 with a supervisor and then a panel of 3 managers. They asked 5 situational questions in total in both interviews.

Interview Questions

• That asked specifically situational questions and you could use any experience didn't necessarily have to be from work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weslaco, TX

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Walmart (Weslaco, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The staff was very friendly and interest in the process in hiring me. They asked if I was interested in other areas or departments that I would feel comfortable in working. I felt the job was already made for me and the hiring process started as soon as the interview was completed. I was sent for drug testing and was called to work on March 26. 2015.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for Walmart? Do you have experience with customer service? Do you know how to use a register with very little training?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Cookeville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, takes about a week to get hired, so will need time for it to kick in. you will also feel as if you didn't get the job for some time after the first call.

Interview Questions

• what other jobs have you worked for that could help you to work in this field.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Savannah, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Never called me back and when they did, one month later it was for an interview, an initial interview because they had forgotten that they had even interviewed me. I have to say though, I hate group interviews. NO chance to really stand out or get to know the employer, a very rushed feeling and hard to concentrate when you're listening to other peoples stories..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where a customer was difficult and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for everything for Walmart, and the same day I got a call about a cashier position they had and wanted me in for an interview. I have experience working on a "service desk" before and being a cashier. My interviewer asked lots of personality/scenario based questions, and was really impressed that I had supervised people. She recommended I be hired on as a Customer Service Manager, and went to go talk to HR, and they all encouraged me to go apply for that position online. I was very flattered but I didn't want that position because of all the awful reviews I read on this website about it.

Interview Questions

• Describe at time when you were gave or received excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They called me into the back office where they asked a few questions about my personal life. Drug test. Question about a time when you had to take charge. They asked me about my background and my school life. I had to leave and take the drug test. Once it was processed and sent back to Walmart they called me in to begin with orientation.

Interview Questions

• Questions about having to deal with a difficult decision and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired right away because they needed cashiers.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I received a call asking when I would be interested in an interview. The interview consisted on talking with a lower manager, then the department manager. They were both similar and asked simple questions regarding my education, and if I am in school.

Interview Questions

• Explain a past situation when something went wrong and you had to take leadership on a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You do not have much say, most people in your position are paid the same