Walmart Cashier Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.2

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Arlington, TX).

Interview

Asked me about an experience dealing with angry customers, etc.
Asked me about previous work experience.
Told me I'd have to deal with a lot of different types of people.
Offered me the job.

Negotiation

I see on your application you have $8. We're going to offer $7.90. Is that ok?

I was desperate...

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Clinton Township, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

the interview was kinda hard to me they asked very senario questions and things like that once i past the first interview and was asked to have an second interview with the district manager once i had that and past they called my references and i had to take a drug test. i pasted and was hired on spot

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Charlotte, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

You go in and the HR person will be the one to interview you. If you had any classes in high school that teaches you about being interviewed, they ask you the simplest and easiest questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered the job on the spot and since I had previous experience, I got a dollar more pay rate.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Tumwater, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews, both by ladies. I was really nervous. They called me in for the first, it took less then ten minutes, asked me scenario questions. I smiled alot, it helps to have a sense of humor and to relate with the managers. I wore nice jeans but i suggest wearing nice black slacks and I wore a nice thin black button up over my gray shirt (they suggest that you wear grey/black/white. I covered all of my tattoos and had no visible piercings. They brought me outside and i sat their for about 20 minutes, honestly the wait was longer then the interviews. I was brought in for my second interview and it was with the manager, she also asked me scenario questions about five. The brought me out and I sat for 5 minutes and they called me back in and offered me the job on the spot.

All I can say is to try and strike up a good impression by smiling and light hearted conversation (I joked about my jeans) shake their hand firmly to show confidence and THINK about what youre going to say. They want answers that will show them that youre right for the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a hard experience in the work place, how did you over come it?   1 Answer
    • What was a good work experience? What did you do to achieve it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a less then pleasant customer, how did you handle it? what did you do to appease the customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Albany, OR) in December 2011.

Interview

I turned in my app and a week later got a call from an Assistant Manager. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and consisted of a lot of "name a time when...". I received a second interview 1/2 hour later with a different Asst Manager. Same questions. A few days later I was called in and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work under a deadline. What was the deadline? What steps did you take to ensure it was met? What was the result?   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Lincoln, NE) in October 2011.

Interview

Was called in and was asked to "discribe times when" questions to a Zoning Manager then a Salaried Manager

Interview Questions

• Discribe a time when you had to be a leader at something and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be a straight shooter and don't lie.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

Assistant manager just asked a series of questions on how you would handle certain customer situations. Also included some past experience questions either related to past work experience or school. Very straight forward pass or fail. Sat down and told me the starting hourly wage amount no negotiations. I interviewed with two managers separately. There was a lot of down time just waiting. The process went very smoothly, have no complaints.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer or what have you done in the past to satisfy a customers needs?   1 Answer
    • What process do you take when having to complete a project?   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Hixson, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

The fun part was actually trying to get the interview. I called these people for five straight days before I ever got a chance to speak with someone. They made me wait for nearly an hour by the back restrooms for someone to come get me. After that they sat me down in personnel and made me wait more. Then one of the associates sat down. She wasn't even a manager. She was a cashier. She asked me a few questions, same standard stuff everywhere else asks. I answered her questions and she left. Then another girl sat down. A CSM (Customer Service Manager) began to ask the same questions to me that the other girl did. I answered them, and she left. Shortly thereafter they offered me a salary and gave me the address to the drug testing facility. Yes, they test initially; however, they don't do it again after that. I passed that, got the job and showed up the next morning to what I assumed would be a somewhat enjoyable experience,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was about two seconds long. You want this money? Yes! You're hired.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Norfolk, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was called about 3 weeks after I applied online. I went in the next day (friday) for an interview. I got the job and was told to return for orientation on the next day (saturday). Orientation was held on saturday and training started on sunday. Once I started, I was never trained in the area for which I was hired. They had me all over the store doing other people's jobs. I worked for a week and quit because it was just not for me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you and your team was asked to complete a task and they asked you to take charge. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • What makes you right for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I recieved what I requested.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Whiteville, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was a two part ordeal with the HR person first asking me questions that were in a behavioral assessment type format. Then the manager that was looking for someone to fill the position came in and asked me questions of the same type that the HR manager asked. I was asked to tell them of a time that I had been put in charge of getting a job done with people working under me. What steps did I take to make sure the job was finished, the outcome of the job. I was also asked of a time that I had worked on a job or project with a team and issues arose among the team members. How did you work through these issues and what was the outcome. I was asked why is it important to do the job right the first time. Asked also of a time that I had to be courteous to someone when they were being rude to me. And a time that I had to follow policies or guidelines that I did not necesssarily agree with? Why is it important to follow the rules? A lot of situational type questions. Remember to look for the meat of the question and answer making small talk to show that you are friendly. If you cannot think of a situation just say I don't recall ever having to be nice to someone when they were being rude to me but I know that if I were in that situation that I would be nice to them because that is the way I am. The questions will be intimidating if you do not know what to expect. The people there were very friendly small town type individuals who said that the questions were hard for most people. There was another individual hired at the same time I was and he could not answer the questions well but was friendly and made a lot of small talk. The main thing is to show them that you like people by being friendly to them. Talk about something that was in the question to show that you heard what they said even if you cannot bring to mind a time that you were in such a situation.

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. They had called me in for an inteview for a cashier position.