Walmart Cashier Associate Interview Questions

2.2

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

I applied online for a Customer Service/Cashier position..Went into the store..had to wait around for the Manager for about 20 minutes..I was interviewed in an area that looked like an employee locker room..
 the manager and I were sitting on some kind of bench while she interviewed me..employees were coming in and out of the area we were in and some of them were even standing there listening to our interview which completely annoyed me..The interview went well and I could tell that the manager liked me and all my experience..I was offered a job in the Jewerly department...which i was ok with..but when she told me that I could be pulled out of the jewerly department occasionally to help out in the warehouse unloading trucks when extra help is needed ( I was laughing so hard on the inside as she said this) and what my hourly pay would be was a slap in the face and a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

Lol..I dont unload trucks and I dont work for the amount that was offered to me..I have WAY to much experience to be cheated out of fair pay from a BILLION dollar company!!

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

applied online, then the next day i got an email giving me the date and time of my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Martinsburg, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsburg, WV

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

Well, I went into Walmart, I was an hour late to the interview because I honestly got the times confused. They didn't seem TOO upset, though I don't think they believed me. Then, I had two ladies come back to the orientation room and sit at a table and ask me many questions. I had no prior experience, so I talked most of personal experience. The questions are normal ones for an interview. Ones you can practice online by searching "Interview Questions" on yahoo. Just pick out a few job/personal experiences where you came into contact with a conflict or did a great job and you should be fine. Give direct eye contact. After the interview, I signed a job offer then filled in my infromation on a computer.

Interview Questions
    • When was one time you didn't do something because you thought it was wrong, and it turned out good? (Not exact wording, but whatever)   View Answer
    I got started pretty high for beginner with no experience. Cashier - 7.65$ I did no negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Attalla, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attalla, AL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

Interesting interview, in that my interviewer had never given one before. She was completely unprofessional read questions off a sheet she found on the internet, couldn't even read them properly. Luckily after 10 minutes of frustration for me and the higher up in the room with us, the higher up decided to take over. The higher up impressed even though she did seem uninterested completely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Applied instore and was called in a month latter for interview about possible cashiring position. Consulted with retial manager about opertunites and hours of avilability. After the interview process I was called in for a second interview with the general manager .

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inver Grove Heights, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

applied online, filled out questionaire, received phone call for an interview about 2 weeks later, interview consisted of about 10 minutes with customer service person then another 10 minutes with assistant store manager. was called a few days later with a job offer

Interview Questions
    • describe a time you had to sacrifice quality to complete a task on time   Answer Question

decided it wasn't what i wanted to do

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mechanicsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in January 2010.

I applied online for Walmart in April of 2009 and eventually got a call back in July 2009. They asked me to come in for an interview the following day. The interview process wasn't too hard. No extremely difficult questions. Just the general questions regarding interaction with others. The hiring manager seemed stern, so I wasn't too sure if she liked me, but at the conclusion of the interview, she told me I got the job. I was ecstatic. She then told me I had to take and pass a drug test within 24 hours of the job offer, or I would have to reapply and undergo another interview. They also said they had to run a background check. I went, passed, and Walmart called me back within a week for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • What was one of your greatest challenges and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the hourly wage I was paid. I didn't mind starting at 8.40 an hour, but others may have a problem with it. I was just happy to get the job. You also get raises every year with a good review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in November 2009.

I applied online. I didn't hear anything, so I called a local store and asked for the hiring manager. One store told me they wre not hiring. Another store told me they had not hiring managers available, but that they could review my application. After speaking with the CSM over the phone, she set me up for an interview. The interview was conducted by two different CSM's that asked me a few questions. I was not good at answering the questions. I could see the first manager check "partially effective" on the interview piece of paper. As I waited for the second manager, I tried to refine the answers to my questions. The second manager was very distracted while interviewing me, but apparently was fine with me. I was told to wait. I filled out some more paperwork and was given 24 hours to take a drug test. I did not interview well, but I'm guessing that prevent me from being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when there was a rule that you disagreed with but had to follow anyway.   View Answer
    • Describe a time that you had to work quickly without allowing quality to suffer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work on a project as a team. What were some of the difficulties of working as a team and what did you do to help overcome these problems?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you were flexible in order to help complete a project.   Answer Question
    I accepted the offer I was given, which was the exact amount that I stated I would work for on my application. I am not sure if I could have gotten more, but I put down the average for a Cashier as glassdoor.com shows in the salary section.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2009.

Was called a week after applying online. Met with a head manager in the employee room interview consisted of lots of different questions like name a time you had to follow a rule you didnt agree with, When did you have to follow a plan to reach a goal and failed to do so, what would/did you do different the next time, When did you work as a team and play the main role in getting your teams job done.....pretty much a ton of questions some almost the same question- they ask you things to catch you off guard and see how you think on your feet! both the ladys who interviewed me were very nice!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to follow a rule you disagreed with and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What was a goal you had to reach and didnt and what did/would you do different next time?   Answer Question
    WalMart works on a point system when you are hired- You get a point for so much expierence you have prior to applying. I had 4 years of expierence so I got 4 credits ($1.00) extra an hour pay than their starting pay. Otherwise they don't really do any negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Olive, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Olive, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2009.

-given personality test on application
    -called and given quick phone interview and asked was I still interested in position
    - the 1:1 interview consisted of typical STAR format questions
    -requested to take offsite drug test
    -called and given orientation dates

no negotiation discussed