Walmart

Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in December 2011.

I turned in my app and a week later got a call from an Assistant Manager. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and consisted of a lot of "name a time when...". I received a second interview 1/2 hour later with a different Asst Manager. Same questions. A few days later I was called in and offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you had to work under a deadline. What was the deadline? What steps did you take to ensure it was met? What was the result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

Was called in and was asked to "discribe times when" questions to a Zoning Manager then a Salaried Manager

Interview Questions
    • Discribe a time when you had to be a leader at something and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    Be a straight shooter and don't lie.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

Assistant manager just asked a series of questions on how you would handle certain customer situations. Also included some past experience questions either related to past work experience or school. Very straight forward pass or fail. Sat down and told me the starting hourly wage amount no negotiations. I interviewed with two managers separately. There was a lot of down time just waiting. The process went very smoothly, have no complaints.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer or what have you done in the past to satisfy a customers needs?   View Answer
    • What process do you take when having to complete a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hixson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hixson, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

The fun part was actually trying to get the interview. I called these people for five straight days before I ever got a chance to speak with someone. They made me wait for nearly an hour by the back restrooms for someone to come get me. After that they sat me down in personnel and made me wait more. Then one of the associates sat down. She wasn't even a manager. She was a cashier. She asked me a few questions, same standard stuff everywhere else asks. I answered her questions and she left. Then another girl sat down. A CSM (Customer Service Manager) began to ask the same questions to me that the other girl did. I answered them, and she left. Shortly thereafter they offered me a salary and gave me the address to the drug testing facility. Yes, they test initially; however, they don't do it again after that. I passed that, got the job and showed up the next morning to what I assumed would be a somewhat enjoyable experience,

Interview Questions
    It was about two seconds long. You want this money? Yes! You're hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in April 2011.

I was called about 3 weeks after I applied online. I went in the next day (friday) for an interview. I got the job and was told to return for orientation on the next day (saturday). Orientation was held on saturday and training started on sunday. Once I started, I was never trained in the area for which I was hired. They had me all over the store doing other people's jobs. I worked for a week and quit because it was just not for me.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you and your team was asked to complete a task and they asked you to take charge. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • What makes you right for this position?   Answer Question
    I recieved what I requested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiteville, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in March 2011.

The interview was a two part ordeal with the HR person first asking me questions that were in a behavioral assessment type format. Then the manager that was looking for someone to fill the position came in and asked me questions of the same type that the HR manager asked. I was asked to tell them of a time that I had been put in charge of getting a job done with people working under me. What steps did I take to make sure the job was finished, the outcome of the job. I was also asked of a time that I had worked on a job or project with a team and issues arose among the team members. How did you work through these issues and what was the outcome. I was asked why is it important to do the job right the first time. Asked also of a time that I had to be courteous to someone when they were being rude to me. And a time that I had to follow policies or guidelines that I did not necesssarily agree with? Why is it important to follow the rules? A lot of situational type questions. Remember to look for the meat of the question and answer making small talk to show that you are friendly. If you cannot think of a situation just say I don't recall ever having to be nice to someone when they were being rude to me but I know that if I were in that situation that I would be nice to them because that is the way I am. The questions will be intimidating if you do not know what to expect. The people there were very friendly small town type individuals who said that the questions were hard for most people. There was another individual hired at the same time I was and he could not answer the questions well but was friendly and made a lot of small talk. The main thing is to show them that you like people by being friendly to them. Talk about something that was in the question to show that you heard what they said even if you cannot bring to mind a time that you were in such a situation.

There was no negotiations. They had called me in for an inteview for a cashier position.

Anonymous Employee in Valrico, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Valrico, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart in March 2011.

applied online, got a call went for an interview, then a second interview got offered the job but had come back because somehow my SS# got entered in there system incorrectly(probably my fault) so had to wait till that was fixed for them to call me back. went back and filled out paperwork for HR and Background check and got drug test paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to solve a problem, explain what you did   View Answer

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in March 2011.

The hiring and interview process was pretty normal. The usual questions about how you would handle certain situations. I had three people interview me separately. It did take them a couple of months to respond to my application. But once they did I was training the next day which was fast for me but ok.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

I applied early February and received a call from Personnel asking if I was still interested in the position. My first interview was the 9th of February and it consisted of a panel intereview with three ladies. One was a CSM, the other was a Zone Supervisor and the other was an Assistant Manager. I was asked a lot of questions about previous work experience and why I wanted to work at Wal-Mart. I was asked to come in for a second interview the following day and was again interviewed by a panel consisting of the Assistant Manager from my previous interview, a man that had been there over 10 years and another Zone Supervisor. I was asked some of the same questions but they went a little more in depth by giving me hypothetical situations to see how I would react. I actually liked that portion since I personally like to figure out what makes people tick. They had me sign a paper consenting to a background check and sent me off to take a drug test. The drug test results came back immediately but I had to wait on the background check. I received another call on the 15th telling me when my start date was (the 22nd), I showed up for a day filled with paperwork and tours of the facility but it wasn't too bad. The only thing I didn't like is the fact that I have to wear a "uniform" because all the times I've gone into Wal-Mart I hadn't been able to tell there was a dress code.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you dealt with a difficult costumer. What was the problem, what was the action, and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    No previous cashier experience so I chose not to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmetto, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmetto, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in November 2010.

three interviews simple questions and easy kept asking same questions in a different way also there are three managers interviewing at one time then u get a second with the assistant manager and a third with store manager.

no negotiation