Walmart

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Destin, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had an interview with a department manager did really good. Then had a panel interview which consisted of the department manager I interviewed with first, a CSM, and an assitant manager. Very nerve wrecking because there were two other people in the room and they didnt have anything to do with the interview. Answered two questions from each person then a bonus question. After that deparment manger showed me around the store but was not offered a job just told me they would call me.

Interview Question – How you ever taken a shortcut and how did the shortcut help or hurt your work?   Answer Question

Opelousas, LA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was easy one on one with the department manager. she asked a series of questions and offered me the job right on the spot. walmart has a high turn over rate so its real easy to get hired on , but much is required of you become a full time associate at thier store.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for a Customer Service/Cashier position..Went into the store..had to wait around for the Manager for about 20 minutes..I was interviewed in an area that looked like an employee locker room..
 the manager and I were sitting on some kind of bench while she interviewed me..employees were coming in and out of the area we were in and some of them were even standing there listening to our interview which completely annoyed me..The interview went well and I could tell that the manager liked me and all my experience..I was offered a job in the Jewerly department...which i was ok with..but when she told me that I could be pulled out of the jewerly department occasionally to help out in the warehouse unloading trucks when extra help is needed ( I was laughing so hard on the inside as she said this) and what my hourly pay would be was a slap in the face and a waste of my time.

Interview Question – How would you handle a angry customer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Lol..I dont unload trucks and I dont work for the amount that was offered to me..I have WAY to much experience to be cheated out of fair pay from a BILLION dollar company!!

Martinsburg, WV

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

Interview Details – Well, I went into Walmart, I was an hour late to the interview because I honestly got the times confused. They didn't seem TOO upset, though I don't think they believed me. Then, I had two ladies come back to the orientation room and sit at a table and ask me many questions. I had no prior experience, so I talked most of personal experience. The questions are normal ones for an interview. Ones you can practice online by searching "Interview Questions" on yahoo. Just pick out a few job/personal experiences where you came into contact with a conflict or did a great job and you should be fine. Give direct eye contact. After the interview, I signed a job offer then filled in my infromation on a computer.

Interview Question – When was one time you didn't do something because you thought it was wrong, and it turned out good? (Not exact wording, but whatever)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got started pretty high for beginner with no experience. Cashier - 7.65$ I did no negotiating.

Chico, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2008.

Interview Details – Go in and meet with the head cashier and take a 10 minute interview asking about your stregnths and weekness. Do your best to lie about how amazing you are ect.ect.ect. then you meet with an assistant mgr. Then if they decide they like you, you go take a drug test. after thats complete you start training.

Interview Question – What have you done that stands out from other employee's in the past   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none. we offer minimum wage. Basically if the state would let us pay you less then we would.

Cedar City, UT

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2008.

Interview Details – They were fairly friendly upon interviewing me and basically offered me the job on the spot. It was a quick process and easily handled the drug testing place was just down the street so that was pretty quick and all done in a very short amount of time. They did ask a bunch of those familiar questions most big chain stores ask such as : Do you consider yourself an honest individual, Will you go out of your way off the time clock for a customer? They did have a very helpful HR department and I really couldn't figure out why so many of them were there. It seems most of the company that worked that there were there long term (longer than 5 years). Cashier have a fairly high turn over rate though- so they weren't overly interested in me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were asked by another employee to do something that is not allowed by company policy?   View Answer
  • What if you were approached by your supervisor to stay and work after I had already checked out on the time clock.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No there was no negotiation just this is your salary this is how many hours do you want it or not. They were upfront and honest about just about everything basically.

Inver Grove Heights, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – applied online, filled out questionaire, received phone call for an interview about 2 weeks later, interview consisted of about 10 minutes with customer service person then another 10 minutes with assistant store manager. was called a few days later with a job offer

Interview Question – describe a time you had to sacrifice quality to complete a task on time   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – decided it wasn't what i wanted to do

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online. I didn't hear anything, so I called a local store and asked for the hiring manager. One store told me they wre not hiring. Another store told me they had not hiring managers available, but that they could review my application. After speaking with the CSM over the phone, she set me up for an interview. The interview was conducted by two different CSM's that asked me a few questions. I was not good at answering the questions. I could see the first manager check "partially effective" on the interview piece of paper. As I waited for the second manager, I tried to refine the answers to my questions. The second manager was very distracted while interviewing me, but apparently was fine with me. I was told to wait. I filled out some more paperwork and was given 24 hours to take a drug test. I did not interview well, but I'm guessing that prevent me from being hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when there was a rule that you disagreed with but had to follow anyway.   View Answer
  • Describe a time that you had to work quickly without allowing quality to suffer.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to work on a project as a team. What were some of the difficulties of working as a team and what did you do to help overcome these problems?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time that you were flexible in order to help complete a project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer I was given, which was the exact amount that I stated I would work for on my application. I am not sure if I could have gotten more, but I put down the average for a Cashier as glassdoor.com shows in the salary section.

Cedar Rapids, IA

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2009.

Interview Details – Was called a week after applying online. Met with a head manager in the employee room interview consisted of lots of different questions like name a time you had to follow a rule you didnt agree with, When did you have to follow a plan to reach a goal and failed to do so, what would/did you do different the next time, When did you work as a team and play the main role in getting your teams job done.....pretty much a ton of questions some almost the same question- they ask you things to catch you off guard and see how you think on your feet! both the ladys who interviewed me were very nice!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to follow a rule you disagreed with and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • What was a goal you had to reach and didnt and what did/would you do different next time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – WalMart works on a point system when you are hired- You get a point for so much expierence you have prior to applying. I had 4 years of expierence so I got 4 credits ($1.00) extra an hour pay than their starting pay. Otherwise they don't really do any negotiating.

Cashier Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out application. I got a call the next week for interview. a few days later I had to go back for a panel interview. I was asked pretty much the same questions at both interviews, like "Describing a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer", "Talk about a time when had a difficult problem, how did you solve it, what steps did you take." I was nervous but the interviewers were very nice.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to complete a project. What steps did you take to get it done? How did you ensure that it was completed on time?   Answer Question