Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

apply on computer there get called in interviewed then called back with offer. Had to submit a to drug test and computer assessment. store tour lots of questions dress professional

Negotiation

n/a

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The interview was very basic, I think they just wanted to see if I could hold a conversation and speak English well enough to talk to customers. Another thing they really wanted to see was my availability in hours. As a college student home for the summer, I didn't have much else going on so this was an easy part of the interview. They really seemed to like that I could come in basically anytime on any given day of the week.

Interview Questions

• Say you have a long line of customers waiting and the person at the front gets very upset. What do you do in a situation like this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Statesboro, GA).

Interview

I applied for this job online and a week later i was called to come in for an interview. The interview was very simple and they pretty much asked the same questions any other company would ask.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Got called in after 2 days after applying. They basically called me on the phone and told me what shifts I would be doing and when I'm available to do an interview. I only had one interview where it involved scenario questions, since I had no related work experience, I use to school and life experiences. I signed paper work & was given a lab form to complete a drug test. It was a simple process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you handled a small problem from getting bigger.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told me my wage & position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Lakewood, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Day one-was a 2 part interview. First with a supervisor, and then with a manager. Each asked 5 questions. Questions were designed to test your problem solving ability, communications skills. All situation based-Tell me about a time.....There was a bit of general talk. The 2nd interview was with the manager, the human resource person was in the room listening in, but did not participate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a deadline moved up, and what did you do to see the task was completed on time.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

In-depth, discussed entire assessment test results. The interviewer wanted to know why I answered the way I did for the entire assessment test. That was pretty much it. That was pretty much it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They call , you going 2 interviews then drug test then you start work their nice at first teach you everything you need to know hoe to use this where not to stand or block and spills

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

All you have to do is call the walmart where you applied and ask to speak with personnel and tell them you applied for a position and you were wondering if the position was still open. You have 1 interview with a manager asking "name a time where you handled a difficult customer" or "name a time where you finished a assignment in a timly manner* weird questions like that. They don't really ask basic interview questions. Be prepared. The interview process is easy though. Then you go back and wait to be interviewed with another manager and they ask the same kinds of questions . unless you get a manager who really doesn't care about the technical questions . its really easy, don't worry to much about it at all.

Interview Questions

• Q: name a time where you handled a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. Simple questions, job history, hours need to work. What skills did I have to qualify for the position. No difficult questions. I was done with the interview in an hour.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call a week later, asking to come in for an interview. It was a fairly short interview process, I met with two different managers that asked primarily the same questions. After the interviews I was offered a position and sent for drug screening, and started working 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a recent situation that you were required to deal with an irate client or customer, and how did you go about solving the issue?   Answer Question