Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Statesboro, GA).

Interview

I applied for this job online and a week later i was called to come in for an interview. The interview was very simple and they pretty much asked the same questions any other company would ask.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

Interview

In-depth, discussed entire assessment test results. The interviewer wanted to know why I answered the way I did for the entire assessment test. That was pretty much it. That was pretty much it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They call , you going 2 interviews then drug test then you start work their nice at first teach you everything you need to know hoe to use this where not to stand or block and spills

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

All you have to do is call the walmart where you applied and ask to speak with personnel and tell them you applied for a position and you were wondering if the position was still open. You have 1 interview with a manager asking "name a time where you handled a difficult customer" or "name a time where you finished a assignment in a timly manner* weird questions like that. They don't really ask basic interview questions. Be prepared. The interview process is easy though. Then you go back and wait to be interviewed with another manager and they ask the same kinds of questions . unless you get a manager who really doesn't care about the technical questions . its really easy, don't worry to much about it at all.

Interview Questions

• Q: name a time where you handled a difficult situation   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call a week later, asking to come in for an interview. It was a fairly short interview process, I met with two different managers that asked primarily the same questions. After the interviews I was offered a position and sent for drug screening, and started working 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a recent situation that you were required to deal with an irate client or customer, and how did you go about solving the issue?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview, i mean come on its walmart. If you can get hired on there then you cant get a job anywhere. They basically just ask the typical interview questions.

Cashier Interview

Interview

The person that was supposed to interview me wasn't even there. Had to wait a while to be interviewed. Interview basically went like any other interview process does. Not the best interview I had, not the worst either I guess.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Boone, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Uhh the assistant manager asked basic generic interview questions, basically if you can pass a drug test you can get the job. Basically my advice for anyone considering working at Walmart would be to accept ANYTHING else other than maybe fast food. Trust the 9$ an hour doesn't justify the crap you have to put up with and the fact that the management could care less about you as a person.

Interview Questions

• Can you spell your name? What's 4+4? what color is the sky?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied early in the morning (sometime between 12am and 4am) online after being told that Walmart's starting salary would be $9/hr soon. I've never had a job before so $9 starting rate seemed like a pretty good rate to me. About 9am the same day I was contacted to come in for an interview. I've applied to many places and never got to the interview stage. Scheduled my interview for the following Tuesday to give myself enough time to prepare. Again I've never had a job and I really wanted to nail the interview so I gave myself a few extra days to prepare. I went in Tuesday. They had some important people visiting that day so I had to wait a little over an hour before I was interviewed. The interview lasted 15-20 minutes. I was offered the position on the spot. I'm currently being paid less than $9 but starting April I'll make $9.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time someone asked you to do something for them. How did you go about doing it? Was it a success?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I went through three interviews for this one job. I applied at two different locations which both had three interviews with three different people. They were in a place where everyone walking by could see and hear. Kind of nerve racking. But I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Asking questions you will want work history to answer without looking like you know nothing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiation was on pay, but I accepted what they offered, $8.40 an hour