Walmart

Getting the Interview

128 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Corsicana, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in November 2010.

Interview Details – Easy, if your not a pot smoking person,and can look someone into the face at the age of 17 or older.

CASHIER Interview

Salinas, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – 2 INTERVIEWS/ CHECKING BACKGROUND/ AND DRUG SCREEN

Interview Question – TELL ME THE BEST THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

De Soto, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple interview, asked basic questions. I talked to a hiring manager and the store manager in one go. al together the interview was 30 minutes long.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer

Lehigh Acres, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – They asked questions that were hard to answer, because you were never in certain positions, so there was really no way to answer fully. The people doing the interview should have never been giving the interview because they were not qualified to hire anyone.

Interview Question – Describe a bad situation you were in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, a week after I was called to schedule an interview. The most painful part of the whole experience was the waiting to be called in by a manager. I was waiting with 4 other people.

Interview Question – Gave me to list scenarios and how I handled them.   View Answer

Winona, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Easy peasy. They almost hire anyone. You go in and are asked pre-written questions. If goes well, you come back in for a drug test and sign papers. And you start within a couple contingent on your drug test.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to step up and be a leader?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I got hired quickly because I had a friend that worked there , but the interview questions were read from a piece of paper , 3 different people will interview BUT ask the same questions just worded differently .

Interview Question – Describe a difficult time in the work place when you and associate didn't get along .. this was only hard for me bc I never really have problems with associates   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an interview

Interview Question – Didn't have one   Answer Question

Milford, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – Takes forever to get hired. You submit an e-application IN the store. They only call you back to let you know you have been hired. Takes up to 2 months before you hear back. They no longer have a sliding scale. Everyone now gets hired at the same rate for the position offered.

Interview Question – How would you handle an employee you knew was stealing?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Midland, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2012.

Interview Details – interviews were fast and painless I was hired the same day and started working 3 days later

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Cashier interview questions and advice. All 128 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.