Walmart

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.3

157 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

I was called on a Friday asking if I could come in for an interview. He said they do interviews all the time so whatever worked for me, including some time during the weekend would work out. We set up 11 AM on Monday. I was directed to the service desk, they would make a phone call and send me to site to store where I would then be met by the person interviewing me. What really happened was, I got there, she didn't have me on her "list" of interviewees. She made a phone call, yelled across the service desk for my name, for the third time. I then went back to site to store and waited about 10 minutes while they prepared for my interview. I was interviewed in the personnel office where any employee was coming and going during the process. As the person interviewing me had a question for personnel, he yelled the question, and they yelled the answer back at him, from across the room. Thank God it was just a basic question and nothing personal. I had a second interview that same day. They then called wanting to bring me in for an offer. I wasn't able to answer that call, so I got the voicemail the next day. The same day I got the voicemail, I also received a phone call from Walmart asking for Steve. I don't know how it happened, but not they have my personal information mixed up with somebody else's. Needless to say, I don't know any Steve's.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was your basic interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, NJ

interviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

The process took One week places my application in at the store they called me for my interview to be that same day I had two interviews in one day. The first lady that interviewed me was a younger lady she was nice the interview went good she sent me through to my next interview which was las then 5 mind it went well then they offered me the job and I accepted.

They asked was I interested in the job and when could I start

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

You just get called and go in then you get another call if you get the job then have a drug and background check and that will determine whether or not you get hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

called to come in for interview: 1 f2f with personnel, 1 f2f with member of management same day. Called references while I waited in site to store area. did drug test same day. Called couple days later for orientation. Have to wear work clothes (khaki pants, and navy or white shirt) to orientation

they do not negotiate

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

They do two interviews in one day in person. First with lower managers and then with an assistant store manager and one of the same managers from the first interview. The questions are the same for both interviews. Really nothing to worry about. They ask about how you handle yourself in certain situations so make sure you have brainstormed a bit before. They ask situation based questions mostly. Such as name a time you worked towards a project with a deadline and met that deadline; name a time you failed and still persevered; and so on.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

They called me in for an interview and I was offered a job on the spot. After that they performed a background check and sent me to a lab to complete a drug test. After doing so, the lab sent off the test and said that Wal*Mart will call to set up an orientation time.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time when you had to relay a your view point to one who's differed than yours?"   Answer Question
    I did not negioate

Cashier Interview

It was typical interview. They asked the 55 basic questions.
    They really focus on how to handle angry customers and conflict resolution while still wanting you to maintain company policy.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question had to be How would you handle an customer who was trying to use an improper coupon but insisted that you were in the wrong?
      I tried my best to remember the customer is always right yet company policy does not allow one to simply override the system.

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview was typical background/tell me about yourself questions. Talked to hiring manager about the positions available and what kind of work I've done in the past. I submitted an application through the website and got called back two weeks later for an opening at a different location than I applied for.

Simple hiring process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

The interview process was very good. I was not as intimidated, they were really friendly and actually listened. They asked questions I could easily answer. They listened intently to what I was saying and actually paid attention. They seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

You don't call them, they call you. I went in the first interview with a pretty open availability, they seemed to like me and asked me to stay for a second. They DO contact references, but then they called me in for a third. I've heard and it felt like if you've made it that far, you're in. So long as you pass a drug/background check.