Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014

2.3

152 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I applied online and a few weeks later got a call to come in for an interview. It was pretty easy. They informed me about the position. The interviewer mainly just asked about my availability and read a list of scenarios.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart.

They do two interviews in one day in person. First with lower managers and then with an assistant store manager and one of the same managers from the first interview. The questions are the same for both interviews. Really nothing to worry about. They ask about how you handle yourself in certain situations so make sure you have brainstormed a bit before. They ask situation based questions mostly. Such as name a time you worked towards a project with a deadline and met that deadline; name a time you failed and still persevered; and so on.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

I was asked basic questions...Tell me about a time you were asked to work with a team...how did you work with them...
    At the time of my hire you interviewed with a department manager if they liked you then you interviewed with an assistant manager. I do not believe that is how the interview process works now though.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

the hiring went very well. Got the job, employee and customers were great to work with . always learning new things .its seems ruff to get 2 interviews for the same job position.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart.

They called me in for an interview and I was offered a job on the spot. After that they performed a background check and sent me to a lab to complete a drug test. After doing so, the lab sent off the test and said that Wal*Mart will call to set up an orientation time.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time when you had to relay a your view point to one who's differed than yours?"   Answer Question
    I did not negioate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Applied online, and was called in for an interview about a week later. Went in for the interview, and was interviewed by an associate, who just asked questions from a paper, and circled a number. She said I'd need another interview with her manager, and I could either schedule it for another day, or wait for him to arrive about 30 minutes later. I waited, and was then interviewed by an assistant manager. He asked more questions off a paper, and then asked me about myself. After the interview, he sent me to Personnel to complete a background and drug test. Less than a week later, I was called in for orientation! During that, I found out I was hired because I have open availability. So I guess that is pretty important to have.

Interview Questions
    Not any negotiating, you take what you're given. But I was given $0.40 per hour above minimum wage for an entry level position, so I'm not complaining. And they have pretty good benefits for part-time employees.

Cashier Interview

It was typical interview. They asked the 55 basic questions.
    They really focus on how to handle angry customers and conflict resolution while still wanting you to maintain company policy.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question had to be How would you handle an customer who was trying to use an improper coupon but insisted that you were in the wrong?
      I tried my best to remember the customer is always right yet company policy does not allow one to simply override the system.
        Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview was typical background/tell me about yourself questions. Talked to hiring manager about the positions available and what kind of work I've done in the past. I submitted an application through the website and got called back two weeks later for an opening at a different location than I applied for.

Simple hiring process

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in January 2012.

pleasant interview i was very at ease with the hiring personel they made it really easy for me to put my best effort to the task, i was able to make a great impression.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

You don't call them, they call you. I went in the first interview with a pretty open availability, they seemed to like me and asked me to stay for a second. They DO contact references, but then they called me in for a third. I've heard and it felt like if you've made it that far, you're in. So long as you pass a drug/background check.

Interview Questions

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!