Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

2.3

152 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

The whole interview process was HORRIBLE!

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

the interview queastions was very hard for me because i have little experinece in retail so i really didnt no what to say. I think i answered the questions quit well to have little experience, but i dnt think the menangers thought so.

Interview Questions
    • in what situation where you in where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morris, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Three people sat with me in a small office and took turns asking me questions, it was very uncomfortable and some of the questions were repetative and did not apply to me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you have had with someone who was upset, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    • Describe a situation that you were involved in with a coworker needing help and you had your job to finish on a deadline also. What would you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Many, many behavioral questions clearly aimed at how well you would deal with the customer based on your past experience; of which I had none.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to follow a rule you disagreed with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Culpeper, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culpeper, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

I had to interview with three separate people. This took weeks. I thought I had the job. They made me an offer of 9 an hour. Then 2weeks later I get a letter from some background check company saying walmart could not offer me work.

Cashier Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2009.

Was asked to come into a room after waiting for someone to get me, took about 15 mins for that. I was asked to sign some papers and verify my info, then another person asked me questions about myself and situations that involve the store that I had to answer from my own life experiences. then this guy asked me almost the same questions and I just used the same answers as before. I had to come back another day for more of the same thing. was a really long process for just a little part-time job for a high schooler.

Interview Questions
    • What situation in your life did you have to play a lead role in order to get the job done?   View Answers (2)

Cashier Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2009.

I applied on friday, and got a call back the following Tuesday. He told me to come in Thursday, and when i first met him, he showed me around the front and so on, then took me back and i was inteviewed by 3 people, he told me that if he was interested, he'd call me the day after. So 3 hours after the interview, he caled me back and told me he wanted to make the call a day early, then told me to come meet with the co-manager the next day. So i had another interview friday morning at 8:30, and he told me he still had to do a reference check and a verification from my former job for 20 extra cents an hour. He told me to wait for a while till he could get ahold of my former employer, he couldn't. so he told me just to go , and when he got ahold of them he'd call me back in for a job offer and drug test... the weekend he never called so i called him today, and he told me he got the verification from my former employer, but he still had to do refernces. So at about 2:00, they called both of my references, and now i'm just waiting for a call back. I really hope i get the job, i really need it. I'm excited.

Interview Questions
    • There are rules to everything, describe to me a rule you don't agree with and the outcome.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Got called in had two interviews in same day.
    was called 2 days later offer job
    took drug test and had background check

Interview Questions
    • Explain a unwritten rule and how you learned to follow such rule   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in November 2009.

I applied online then called a few days later. I was then set up with an interview with a department manager. The store manager was out of the building. I was then called back for a second interview. I didn't receive any calls so I called back and now I have a 3rd interview today.

Cashier Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in July 2008.

First I was hired by an associate. She read like 5 pages of questions or so. I don't remember because it was a year ago. They were all situational. After she interviewed me, a member of management came and interviewed me one on one and got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had an encounter with a rude customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to work as a team   Answer Question
    Take it if your looking to start a career in retail.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!