Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Macon, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

the interview queastions was very hard for me because i have little experinece in retail so i really didnt no what to say. I think i answered the questions quit well to have little experience, but i dnt think the menangers thought so.

Interview Questions

• in what situation where you in where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Charlotte, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

The whole interview process was HORRIBLE!

Anonymous Employee in Morris, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Morris, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Three people sat with me in a small office and took turns asking me questions, it was very uncomfortable and some of the questions were repetative and did not apply to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you have had with someone who was upset, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation that you were involved in with a coworker needing help and you had your job to finish on a deadline also. What would you do?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview

Got called in had two interviews in same day.
    was called 2 days later offer job
    took drug test and had background check

Interview Questions

• Explain a unwritten rule and how you learned to follow such rule   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in June 2009.

Interview

Was asked to come into a room after waiting for someone to get me, took about 15 mins for that. I was asked to sign some papers and verify my info, then another person asked me questions about myself and situations that involve the store that I had to answer from my own life experiences. then this guy asked me almost the same questions and I just used the same answers as before. I had to come back another day for more of the same thing. was a really long process for just a little part-time job for a high schooler.

Interview Questions

• What situation in your life did you have to play a lead role in order to get the job done?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in July 2009.

Interview

I applied on friday, and got a call back the following Tuesday. He told me to come in Thursday, and when i first met him, he showed me around the front and so on, then took me back and i was inteviewed by 3 people, he told me that if he was interested, he'd call me the day after. So 3 hours after the interview, he caled me back and told me he wanted to make the call a day early, then told me to come meet with the co-manager the next day. So i had another interview friday morning at 8:30, and he told me he still had to do a reference check and a verification from my former job for 20 extra cents an hour. He told me to wait for a while till he could get ahold of my former employer, he couldn't. so he told me just to go , and when he got ahold of them he'd call me back in for a job offer and drug test... the weekend he never called so i called him today, and he told me he got the verification from my former employer, but he still had to do refernces. So at about 2:00, they called both of my references, and now i'm just waiting for a call back. I really hope i get the job, i really need it. I'm excited.

Interview Questions

• There are rules to everything, describe to me a rule you don't agree with and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Tulsa, OK) in November 2009.

Interview

I applied online then called a few days later. I was then set up with an interview with a department manager. The store manager was out of the building. I was then called back for a second interview. I didn't receive any calls so I called back and now I have a 3rd interview today.

Anonymous Employee in Culpeper, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Culpeper, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

I had to interview with three separate people. This took weeks. I thought I had the job. They made me an offer of 9 an hour. Then 2weeks later I get a letter from some background check company saying walmart could not offer me work.

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Saginaw, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

Many, many behavioral questions clearly aimed at how well you would deal with the customer based on your past experience; of which I had none.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to follow a rule you disagreed with.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in April 2011.

Interview

people who attended to me were very nice, but the interviews are in English and if you do not know to express themselves, do not give you a second interview. because maybe you understand the question, but might not know how to express it.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a colleague is delaying your job?   Answer Question