Walmart

Average Difficulty
145 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Macon, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Interview Details – the interview queastions was very hard for me because i have little experinece in retail so i really didnt no what to say. I think i answered the questions quit well to have little experience, but i dnt think the menangers thought so.

Interview Question – in what situation where you in where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

Interview Details – The whole interview process was HORRIBLE!

Interview Question – nothing to difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Saginaw, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – Many, many behavioral questions clearly aimed at how well you would deal with the customer based on your past experience; of which I had none.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to follow a rule you disagreed with.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Morris, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – Three people sat with me in a small office and took turns asking me questions, it was very uncomfortable and some of the questions were repetative and did not apply to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you have had with someone who was upset, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
  • Describe a situation that you were involved in with a coworker needing help and you had your job to finish on a deadline also. What would you do?   View Answer

Culpeper, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had to interview with three separate people. This took weeks. I thought I had the job. They made me an offer of 9 an hour. Then 2weeks later I get a letter from some background check company saying walmart could not offer me work.

Cashier

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2009.

Interview Details – Was asked to come into a room after waiting for someone to get me, took about 15 mins for that. I was asked to sign some papers and verify my info, then another person asked me questions about myself and situations that involve the store that I had to answer from my own life experiences. then this guy asked me almost the same questions and I just used the same answers as before. I had to come back another day for more of the same thing. was a really long process for just a little part-time job for a high schooler.

Interview Question – What situation in your life did you have to play a lead role in order to get the job done?   View Answers (2)

Cashier

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2009.

Interview Details – I applied on friday, and got a call back the following Tuesday. He told me to come in Thursday, and when i first met him, he showed me around the front and so on, then took me back and i was inteviewed by 3 people, he told me that if he was interested, he'd call me the day after. So 3 hours after the interview, he caled me back and told me he wanted to make the call a day early, then told me to come meet with the co-manager the next day. So i had another interview friday morning at 8:30, and he told me he still had to do a reference check and a verification from my former job for 20 extra cents an hour. He told me to wait for a while till he could get ahold of my former employer, he couldn't. so he told me just to go , and when he got ahold of them he'd call me back in for a job offer and drug test... the weekend he never called so i called him today, and he told me he got the verification from my former employer, but he still had to do refernces. So at about 2:00, they called both of my references, and now i'm just waiting for a call back. I really hope i get the job, i really need it. I'm excited.

Interview Question – There are rules to everything, describe to me a rule you don't agree with and the outcome.   Answer Question

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online then called a few days later. I was then set up with an interview with a department manager. The store manager was out of the building. I was then called back for a second interview. I didn't receive any calls so I called back and now I have a 3rd interview today.

Interview Questions

Cashier

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – Got called in had two interviews in same day.
was called 2 days later offer job
took drug test and had background check

Interview Question – Explain a unwritten rule and how you learned to follow such rule   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

South Sioux City, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview.During the interview they asked me questions like "tell me about a time you had to follow a lot of rules" " a time when you disobeyed a rule and the outcome of it.

Interview Question – tell me about a time you followed a rule without being supervised   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the negotiation was okay with me because i didnt care too much about the pay as long as it was within what i was looking for. when negotiating with an employer,try to see if the job itself fit in the category of what is being offered.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!