Walmart

2.3

157 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, NJ

interviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

The process took One week places my application in at the store they called me for my interview to be that same day I had two interviews in one day. The first lady that interviewed me was a younger lady she was nice the interview went good she sent me through to my next interview which was las then 5 mind it went well then they offered me the job and I accepted.

They asked was I interested in the job and when could I start

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

I was called on a Friday asking if I could come in for an interview. He said they do interviews all the time so whatever worked for me, including some time during the weekend would work out. We set up 11 AM on Monday. I was directed to the service desk, they would make a phone call and send me to site to store where I would then be met by the person interviewing me. What really happened was, I got there, she didn't have me on her "list" of interviewees. She made a phone call, yelled across the service desk for my name, for the third time. I then went back to site to store and waited about 10 minutes while they prepared for my interview. I was interviewed in the personnel office where any employee was coming and going during the process. As the person interviewing me had a question for personnel, he yelled the question, and they yelled the answer back at him, from across the room. Thank God it was just a basic question and nothing personal. I had a second interview that same day. They then called wanting to bring me in for an offer. I wasn't able to answer that call, so I got the voicemail the next day. The same day I got the voicemail, I also received a phone call from Walmart asking for Steve. I don't know how it happened, but not they have my personal information mixed up with somebody else's. Needless to say, I don't know any Steve's.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was your basic interview.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

You just get called and go in then you get another call if you get the job then have a drug and background check and that will determine whether or not you get hired

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

you must pass the online test then you call for an interview. there was three manager's . the ask for personality test questions. one by one, try to sell your self. tell them anything that have to do with the job

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

called to come in for interview: 1 f2f with personnel, 1 f2f with member of management same day. Called references while I waited in site to store area. did drug test same day. Called couple days later for orientation. Have to wear work clothes (khaki pants, and navy or white shirt) to orientation

they do not negotiate

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in February 2013.

You go in for an interview with a customer service manager (usually the people you see upfront). Then, you have another interview with an assistant manager. The interview was really easy. It was done with a bunch of other people in the room so that was pretty uncomfortable but other than that, it was alright. They also ask you the same questions that sometimes appear in questionnaires at the end of the application process.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult questions. They mostly ask you behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I applied online and a few weeks later got a call to come in for an interview. It was pretty easy. They informed me about the position. The interviewer mainly just asked about my availability and read a list of scenarios.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

They do two interviews in one day in person. First with lower managers and then with an assistant store manager and one of the same managers from the first interview. The questions are the same for both interviews. Really nothing to worry about. They ask about how you handle yourself in certain situations so make sure you have brainstormed a bit before. They ask situation based questions mostly. Such as name a time you worked towards a project with a deadline and met that deadline; name a time you failed and still persevered; and so on.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

I was asked basic questions...Tell me about a time you were asked to work with a team...how did you work with them...
    At the time of my hire you interviewed with a department manager if they liked you then you interviewed with an assistant manager. I do not believe that is how the interview process works now though.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

the hiring went very well. Got the job, employee and customers were great to work with . always learning new things .its seems ruff to get 2 interviews for the same job position.