Walmart

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Average Difficulty
143 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in January 2012.

Interview Details – pleasant interview i was very at ease with the hiring personel they made it really easy for me to put my best effort to the task, i was able to make a great impression.

Interview Question – what are you plan to be in a year   Answer Question

Oak Ridge, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – The interview process was very good. I was not as intimidated, they were really friendly and actually listened. They asked questions I could easily answer. They listened intently to what I was saying and actually paid attention. They seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Troy, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – You don't call them, they call you. I went in the first interview with a pretty open availability, they seemed to like me and asked me to stay for a second. They DO contact references, but then they called me in for a third. I've heard and it felt like if you've made it that far, you're in. So long as you pass a drug/background check.

Interview Question – Why do I want to hire you?   Answer Question

Winter Springs, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, interviewed for it, and got a call about a week later. It is helpful if you know someone who has a job there. The interview itself was with the store manager, an assistant manager and a CSM. It may have been separated into 2 different interviews if the store manager isn't present.

Interview Question – Very free form questions, they ask to describe your experiences rather then asking what you would do in a situation. Can be difficult if your are not prepared or are bad at lying.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

West Mifflin, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – very easy
answer about 5 questions related to leadership, organization, and time management qualities
hire on the spot if you answer questions adequately
turnover for cashiers is high, so they are simply looking for anyone who wants the position (no real competition once you get the interview)

Interview Question – all fairly easy, but require you to talk about past real life situations you were in, so try to have some in mind regarding leadership ect...   Answer Question

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Three interviews. First was re-scheduled due to an error in their system and my waiting around for nearly an hour. First was with a single manager, the second was with another, and the third was with three managers.

Interview Question – Essentially the basic 'hardest instance with customer' or 'how would you react if...' and so forth. Very straight-forward.   Answer Question

Lancaster, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – Be sure to talk about your experirence with people. Sound positive. Be a problem solver. Be able to work on your own. Be a fast learner and a fast worker.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was the weakness and strength question. How to relate that to this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really a negotiation. It goes like this, "you're hired, you're getting paid X amount of dollars per hour, you are working part-time, training starts Monday"

Hanover, PA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I applied 3 times each in 6 month intervals. The application was electronic in store and was very easy. Simple 'pick the best choice in this situation' questions. I had never heard anything after the first two applications but got an interview after the third. For my interview I answered 'what would you do in this situation' questions and a lot of 'tell us about a time when you were in this situation'.

Interview Question – Tell us about a challenge you've had when working on a team.   Answer Question

Vineland, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

Interview Details – All interviews were conducted same day and went very smoothly.

Interview Question – Explain how you handled a difficult customer in a high pressure situation. Be specific!   Answer Question

Sandy, UT

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

Interview Details – There are some tricky questions they ask in the interviews and there were 3 separate interviews. I was very nervous as this was my first interview. It wasn't too bad though.

Interview Question – I honestly don't remember, but I remember they were tricky.   Answer Question

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!