Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview, i mean come on its walmart. If you can get hired on there then you cant get a job anywhere. They basically just ask the typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview - no real questions - not anything to say - they are looking for bodies to recycle . They only care if you can pass background test

Cashier Interview

Interview

The person that was supposed to interview me wasn't even there. Had to wait a while to be interviewed. Interview basically went like any other interview process does. Not the best interview I had, not the worst either I guess.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Boone, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Uhh the assistant manager asked basic generic interview questions, basically if you can pass a drug test you can get the job. Basically my advice for anyone considering working at Walmart would be to accept ANYTHING else other than maybe fast food. Trust the 9$ an hour doesn't justify the crap you have to put up with and the fact that the management could care less about you as a person.

Interview Questions

• Can you spell your name? What's 4+4? what color is the sky?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied early in the morning (sometime between 12am and 4am) online after being told that Walmart's starting salary would be $9/hr soon. I've never had a job before so $9 starting rate seemed like a pretty good rate to me. About 9am the same day I was contacted to come in for an interview. I've applied to many places and never got to the interview stage. Scheduled my interview for the following Tuesday to give myself enough time to prepare. Again I've never had a job and I really wanted to nail the interview so I gave myself a few extra days to prepare. I went in Tuesday. They had some important people visiting that day so I had to wait a little over an hour before I was interviewed. The interview lasted 15-20 minutes. I was offered the position on the spot. I'm currently being paid less than $9 but starting April I'll make $9.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time someone asked you to do something for them. How did you go about doing it? Was it a success?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I went through three interviews for this one job. I applied at two different locations which both had three interviews with three different people. They were in a place where everyone walking by could see and hear. Kind of nerve racking. But I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Asking questions you will want work history to answer without looking like you know nothing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiation was on pay, but I accepted what they offered, $8.40 an hour

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Interview

I was called on a Friday asking if I could come in for an interview. He said they do interviews all the time so whatever worked for me, including some time during the weekend would work out. We set up 11 AM on Monday. I was directed to the service desk, they would make a phone call and send me to site to store where I would then be met by the person interviewing me. What really happened was, I got there, she didn't have me on her "list" of interviewees. She made a phone call, yelled across the service desk for my name, for the third time. I then went back to site to store and waited about 10 minutes while they prepared for my interview. I was interviewed in the personnel office where any employee was coming and going during the process. As the person interviewing me had a question for personnel, he yelled the question, and they yelled the answer back at him, from across the room. Thank God it was just a basic question and nothing personal. I had a second interview that same day. They then called wanting to bring me in for an offer. I wasn't able to answer that call, so I got the voicemail the next day. The same day I got the voicemail, I also received a phone call from Walmart asking for Steve. I don't know how it happened, but not they have my personal information mixed up with somebody else's. Needless to say, I don't know any Steve's.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was your basic interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Walmart (Dayton, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The process took One week places my application in at the store they called me for my interview to be that same day I had two interviews in one day. The first lady that interviewed me was a younger lady she was nice the interview went good she sent me through to my next interview which was las then 5 mind it went well then they offered me the job and I accepted.

Negotiation

They asked was I interested in the job and when could I start

Anonymous Employee in Sumiton, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Sumiton, AL) in November 2014.

Interview

I did 2 interviews the first day. They called me back to approve that I wanted the job, to send me for my drug test, and to negotiate on pay.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time that you went out of your way to help someone   Answer Question

It turned out that I could not be hired due to pending criminal charges.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Willow Grove, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

The process of getting the job was very fast and easy. I did the in person interview and did my drug test same day. The next morning I was called in to start training.