Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

Interview

Interview was typical background/tell me about yourself questions. Talked to hiring manager about the positions available and what kind of work I've done in the past. I submitted an application through the website and got called back two weeks later for an opening at a different location than I applied for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple hiring process

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Oak Ridge, TN).

Interview

The interview process was very good. I was not as intimidated, they were really friendly and actually listened. They asked questions I could easily answer. They listened intently to what I was saying and actually paid attention. They seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Troy, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

You don't call them, they call you. I went in the first interview with a pretty open availability, they seemed to like me and asked me to stay for a second. They DO contact references, but then they called me in for a third. I've heard and it felt like if you've made it that far, you're in. So long as you pass a drug/background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart (Salem, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and was called in for an interview about a week later. Went in for the interview, and was interviewed by an associate, who just asked questions from a paper, and circled a number. She said I'd need another interview with her manager, and I could either schedule it for another day, or wait for him to arrive about 30 minutes later. I waited, and was then interviewed by an assistant manager. He asked more questions off a paper, and then asked me about myself. After the interview, he sent me to Personnel to complete a background and drug test. Less than a week later, I was called in for orientation! During that, I found out I was hired because I have open availability. So I guess that is pretty important to have.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not any negotiating, you take what you're given. But I was given $0.40 per hour above minimum wage for an entry level position, so I'm not complaining. And they have pretty good benefits for part-time employees.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later got a call to come in for an interview. It was pretty easy. They informed me about the position. The interviewer mainly just asked about my availability and read a list of scenarios.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Three interviews. First was re-scheduled due to an error in their system and my waiting around for nearly an hour. First was with a single manager, the second was with another, and the third was with three managers.

Interview Questions

• Essentially the basic 'hardest instance with customer' or 'how would you react if...' and so forth. Very straight-forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (West Mifflin, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

very easy
    answer about 5 questions related to leadership, organization, and time management qualities
    hire on the spot if you answer questions adequately
    turnover for cashiers is high, so they are simply looking for anyone who wants the position (no real competition once you get the interview)

Interview Questions

• all fairly easy, but require you to talk about past real life situations you were in, so try to have some in mind regarding leadership ect...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart (Hanover, PA).

Interview

I applied 3 times each in 6 month intervals. The application was electronic in store and was very easy. Simple 'pick the best choice in this situation' questions. I had never heard anything after the first two applications but got an interview after the third. For my interview I answered 'what would you do in this situation' questions and a lot of 'tell us about a time when you were in this situation'.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you've had when working on a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Winona, MN).

Interview

Easy peasy. They almost hire anyone. You go in and are asked pre-written questions. If goes well, you come back in for a drug test and sign papers. And you start within a couple contingent on your drug test.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I got hired quickly because I had a friend that worked there , but the interview questions were read from a piece of paper , 3 different people will interview BUT ask the same questions just worded differently .

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time in the work place when you and associate didn't get along .. this was only hard for me bc I never really have problems with associates   Answer Question