Walmart

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.3

157 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart.

I interviewed with one person, then was interviewed again right after that with another, higher level manager. The questions were pretty basic. Tell me about a time you had to deal with unhappy customers. Tell me about how you handle stressful situations.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with unhappy customers.
    Tell me about how you handle stressful situations.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Applied online and got an interview

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Apply online, don't bother going into the store unless you need to use their computer to apply. Wait a few weeks, they should call you back for an interview. If you get an interview, show up on time and well dressed, you're basically hired already. Two interviews, and you're done.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly abstract questions, like "Describe a time you were faced with a difficult problem, but overcame that to achieve unexpected results."   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied in-store and was interviewed within the week. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and the manager of the department. They really needed more cashiers so I was told my interview was a formality.

There was no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Essentially expect to wait a long time. Like 45 minutes to an hour to be called. They'll probably give you 3 interviews. Ask you the same questions. If you're lucky they'll tell you to come back in a couple days. Then they'll set up the drug test thing, and get back to you in a couple weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk River, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk River, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in January 2014.

The interview was scheduled during the day. The general manager met me in a crowded back room, with a woman eating lunch next to me throughout the interview. It would have just been a part-time job, so I didn't frown upon it.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me an experience when you had to resolve a problem with a customer"   Answer Question

Was not a fan of the particular location. I was later offered a job at Best Buy.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied online and received a call to come in for an interview in about a week. I was interviewed be two different department leaders. I was asked the basic interview questions, like three strengths and about my previous work history. I was called a couple of days later to be sent to take a drug test. They contacted me again to offer me the position about two weeks later. The process was a little long for me, but overall easy.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time that you have had to lead other people?   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate. It was part-time and I could get the hours I needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Huron, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Huron, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Walmart contacted me via phone and asked for me to come in for an interview. I went in for my interview and i met with the human resource manager. She was very nice and knew her job very well. She asked me alot of questions and told me about the company, my expectations, and what id be doing. We also discussed my pay and date to start. The interview ended about hr. later and i got the job and my date to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was to tell about a bad employer that i had?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart.

I went through two interviews to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • I really do not remember the interview questions but they were not hard. They just asked simple day to day task and wanted to make sure you were honest.   Answer Question
    I only had to do a drug test and they ran a background check on me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in November 2013.

Great ! Filled out application on-line. Call the next day ! Interview the next! Interviewers are the actual managers you will be working with, so easy to explain expectations.