Walmart

2.3

159 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in November 2013.

Great ! Filled out application on-line. Call the next day ! Interview the next! Interviewers are the actual managers you will be working with, so easy to explain expectations.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Applied 2 weeks before first phone call online. Was asked to go to an interview the next day. Was pretty straight forward, and was pretty much hired and asked to do a drug test after only a couple of questions (from which they just picked from a list) from first interviewer/assistant manager. Asked the same 2 or so questions by one other personnel. 2 weeks later got called to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Was told "This is what you'll be getting" and that was that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

The interview process was comfortable with two persons interviewing. I was interviewed and hired within three weeks of my application. The interviewer was knowledgeable of the job duties and about the benefit plan Wal-Mart had to offer. She was thorough in explaining these to me. I was offered on the job training, available while I was checked in to work. Management was very helpful during my training process.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember that there were any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    I was not given the opportunity to negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Online Application Process. Contacted for initial interview. The interview consisted of myself and three individuals of the Wal-Mart team. Each interviewer took a turn asking me a question until all the questions had been covered. Upon the end of the interview, I was assured that I would be contacted withing 7 days regarding the job. Contacted for second interview. Second interview was more of the same questioning.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Asked about my previous job history

Interview Questions

could not work the hours they wanted me to work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cadillac, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cadillac, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

seen hr person first answered some what if questions and how would u handle this questions then they called another supervisor in and he asked me some more questions then I waited and had to sit in office with 3 other big shots and answer the same questions over again then they hired me

Interview Questions
    • how would u handle a customer that was upset about not having an item   View Answer
    nothing was negoatiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vineland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vineland, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

All interviews were conducted same day and went very smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you handled a difficult customer in a high pressure situation. Be specific!   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview process was really easy. I interviewed with three people all of them upper management. One over the Cashiers and the rest over other areas of the store. They all pretty much asked the same standard interview questions Why do you wanna work here, tell me something about your self, what are some strengths and weaknesses ect....

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions if I had to chose one unexpected it would be the How do you like our colors question.   Answer Question
    Really no negotiations on wadges it was this is what it is take it or leave type of thing.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Had to go through 3 interviews and then orientation. I think almost anyone gets the job if they get an interview.

Nothing was negotiated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

The whole interview process was HORRIBLE!