Walmart

Getting the Interview

128 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online I was contacted via phone to schedule an interview. There were three levels of interviews, all of which were done in quick succession. The questions were very standard and did not vary from interview to interview. Once they checked the references an offer was immediately made and an orientation was schedule for the following week.

Interview Question – The questions asked were very standard for entry-level positions in retail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation on salary.

Moore, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2012.

Interview Details – They ask you some questions that may seem silly. One I remember is (paraphrased) " Explain a time in your life where doing the wright thing got you in trouble"

Interview Question – Are you gay? Seriously I was asked this... I am but still that's messed up!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation they offer 7.65 of you dont get the job.

Whiteville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was called middle of October 2011. They left a message, I called back. We made arrangements for a face to face interview. When i showed up I waited approximately 10 minutes in the photo lab area. I was escorted to the associate lunch lounge where I did my sit down interview with assistant manager of the front end. It was a pleasurable interview where we discussed work related issues and how I would handle them. We also talked over some personal things. I had to wait for them to find a Co manager with the time to interview me which was approximately another 20 minutes. He told me that he was in a rush so he just briefly went over all the BS that I would have to put up with such as working holidays, and he asked if I had any children, and would it effect my availability. Then I was sent to the human resource office where they sent me off to a drug test approximately 5 miles away. She even helped me with directions. I got a call back about a week later wanting me to come in and fill out my paperwork.

Interview Question – Just the usual what would you do if questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was seasonal hire so no negotiating. I took what I got, and received a raise a year later.

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I went through two interviews to get hired.

Interview Question – I really do not remember the interview questions but they were not hard. They just asked simple day to day task and wanted to make sure you were honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I only had to do a drug test and they ran a background check on me.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in November 2013.

Interview Details – Great ! Filled out application on-line. Call the next day ! Interview the next! Interviewers are the actual managers you will be working with, so easy to explain expectations.

Interview Question – What would you do type questions.   Answer Question

Klamath Falls, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called me a few weeks later. There were 3 interviews complete by separate managers, same questions rearranged. I complete all 3 interviews in one but I hear that most people do one and have to be called back for the next. A friend of mine had to wait weeks between interviews.

Interview Question – All of the questions were situational and overall the interview was easy. Some example questions: describe a time when you went above&beyond for a customer; describe a time when someone misunderstood you and how did you fix it; describe a time when you had to make a plan to solve a problem, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In the 3rd interview they told me all the positions they had open and offered CSM ( customer service manager) to me. The interview was originally for overnight cashier. I wasn't comfortable being in charge of the cashiers when I hadn't worked as a cashier there before so I picked ICS and later became a cashier for the more flexible scheduling.

Tyler, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Interview Details – The Hiring manager was great with wording in asking interview questions

Interview Question – How can you describe yourself, I believe that that is the most scary question for anybody, especially if someone is going through depression.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – sundays i go to church so the hours wouldnt match my time.

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Applied 2 weeks before first phone call online. Was asked to go to an interview the next day. Was pretty straight forward, and was pretty much hired and asked to do a drug test after only a couple of questions (from which they just picked from a list) from first interviewer/assistant manager. Asked the same 2 or so questions by one other personnel. 2 weeks later got called to come in for orientation.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Was told "This is what you'll be getting" and that was that.

Union, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple interview process. A group of us were interviewed at the same time in the back room for about 8 hours; answering questions, filling out a pamphlet and going around the store filling the pamphlet out with the appropriate answers. It was actually great fun and I made a lot of wonderful friends!!

Interview Question – Name a time where you helped someone as you would with this job.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mount Pleasant, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – The interview process was comfortable with two persons interviewing. I was interviewed and hired within three weeks of my application. The interviewer was knowledgeable of the job duties and about the benefit plan Wal-Mart had to offer. She was thorough in explaining these to me. I was offered on the job training, available while I was checked in to work. Management was very helpful during my training process.

Interview Question – I do not remember that there were any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not given the opportunity to negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart