Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Westminster, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Super fast friendly and very supportive interview process. Had two levels of interviews, back to back, then they verified references, sent me for a standard screening and they are currently doing a background check. Should have an offer and orientation this week. Very quick.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Hot Springs, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Hot Springs, AR) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position during night, and the following day I was contacted by one of the managers to schedule a interview that same day. I spoke to three different managers throughout the entire process; the first asked me scenario questions, the second asked experience questions, and the third did paperwork with me. The total Q & A process took about an hour. I was then informed I had to take a drug test within 24 hours, and two days after the interview I would have job orientation.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you were assigned multiple assignments due at the same time and how you decided to complete the assignments   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I interviewed with one person, then was interviewed again right after that with another, higher level manager. The questions were pretty basic. Tell me about a time you had to deal with unhappy customers. Tell me about how you handle stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with unhappy customers. Tell me about how you handle stressful situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Apply online, don't bother going into the store unless you need to use their computer to apply. Wait a few weeks, they should call you back for an interview. If you get an interview, show up on time and well dressed, you're basically hired already. Two interviews, and you're done.

Interview Questions

• Mostly abstract questions, like "Describe a time you were faced with a difficult problem, but overcame that to achieve unexpected results."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Richmond, KY).

Interview

I applied in-store and was interviewed within the week. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and the manager of the department. They really needed more cashiers so I was told my interview was a formality.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Interview

Essentially expect to wait a long time. Like 45 minutes to an hour to be called. They'll probably give you 3 interviews. Ask you the same questions. If you're lucky they'll tell you to come back in a couple days. Then they'll set up the drug test thing, and get back to you in a couple weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk River, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Elk River, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was scheduled during the day. The general manager met me in a crowded back room, with a woman eating lunch next to me throughout the interview. It would have just been a part-time job, so I didn't frown upon it.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me an experience when you had to resolve a problem with a customer"   Answer Question

Was not a fan of the particular location. I was later offered a job at Best Buy.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Louisville, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

Walmart hires so many people that they just walk you through the process... you watch some stupid videos and boom your hired. i seriously think a brainless monkey could get a job there.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to come in for an interview in about a week. I was interviewed be two different department leaders. I was asked the basic interview questions, like three strengths and about my previous work history. I was called a couple of days later to be sent to take a drug test. They contacted me again to offer me the position about two weeks later. The process was a little long for me, but overall easy.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time that you have had to lead other people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. It was part-time and I could get the hours I needed.