Walmart

2.3

157 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

There are some tricky questions they ask in the interviews and there were 3 separate interviews. I was very nervous as this was my first interview. It wasn't too bad though.

Interview Questions
  • I honestly don't remember, but I remember they were tricky.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Just had to show up early. Was interviewed by two team members. Questions are common sense.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

After filling out an online application I was contacted by the personnel manager of the store and invited for an interview. In store associates have two interviews - one with a supervisor and then one with an assistant manager (though not necessarily the people over the area you were interviewing for.) I was actually called in for a different position but they decided during the interview to offer me a cashier position. They ask the general questions you hear in every interview (tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge, etc.) and they really like it when you connect to a specific job or part of your education. If you get called in for an interview and don't screw it up (i.e. not dressing appropriately, giving poor answers, etc.) you essentially have the job if you pass your background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an unpleasant person and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    There's not much negotiation. Each position fits somewhere on their pay scale and they pay you what that scale says.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

I interviewed with 4 different people and 3 out of the 4 asked the same questions. And I thought I had to come up with 3 different answers. The questions were about scenarios that happened to you.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a problem and resolved it. What was the problem? How did you resolve it? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

just applied online and eventually got a call back even though i wasn't expecting it. they asked me some questions and stuff and took a long time in tghe processs. it was ok.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

The hiring process can take long depending on the spots opened.

Interview Questions
    • When they asked about some the functions done within the company, in my case how would i do my job as a cashier.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Called about position availability, set up interview appointment. Day of interview waited for about half an hour before the interviewer arrived. Interview was with 1 person, behavioral questions, more waiting, then offered employment.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had a difficult problem, what did you do, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

No guarantee of hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, LA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

The interview process was really easy. They call you to the back and ask you a few questions, if you answer them properly you'll get the job. It's that simple. The people were really nice and they just are really trying to have a conversation with you, which takes some of the pressure off of you.

Interview Questions
    • They don't ask you anything that you wouldn't already know or that isn't common sense.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

It took 3 days each day was the same questions Describe to me a time when...........

Interview Questions
    • None really just some were oddly specific   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

interviewed by store manager, hr manager, and zone manager