Walmart Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.3

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The pharmacy manager was open enough i was able to walk up to the consultation booth and speak directly with her and provide my resume, i applied online, she found me and i was called and asked to set up an orientation, watch videos and do a ton of CBLs (computer guided training) which are a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a point in time when you provided customer service that you didn't agree with   Answer Question

Negotiation

"no negotiation, your pay is what it is"

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Interview

Hiring process and interview process fair.

Negotiation

No negotiations

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview

After becoming Certified I called this pharmacy to ask of any openings. There were none at this store when I called so I applied at a nearby store that had openings. A month later the preferred store had a spot come open and called me for an interview. I was interviewed in the in-store restaurant by the OTC pharmacy manager on a Tuesday. She asked the normal situational questions and I used my retail experiences to answer. I left a resume and a copy of my license/certifications. She told me to expect a call at the end of the week. On Thursday I got a call for a second interview. The second was with the pharmacy manager. It consisted of him just explaining the job and the next steps in hiring, then asking permission to call my references and run my background check. The next week I got a call to come in for a job offer. I was given my pay amount and directions to a drug testing facility. I took the drug test and was called within a few days to start training that weekend.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The hiring process was extremely streamlined as it was a horizontal movement from an existing Walmart management position. I had passed the required tests and had completed nearly all of the compliance materials before hand so I spent very little time on administrative details. The interview was very easy and contained no surprises.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult customer, what happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Incredibly easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apache Junction, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Apache Junction, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview with the pharmacy manager for the pharmacy tech position. It was held in personal or HR so it wasn't really private. He just asked really easy and generic questions. Once that was done he asked if I had any questions. Then said he would let me know within the week.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gone out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Charlotte, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

sat in a room with 3 other people and ask same questions just a differint way. went around to each of the managers with a piece of paper and read off questions and asked personel questions along wiht it

Anonymous Employee in Oakdale, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Oakdale, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online for a pharmacy tech position. A few weeks later I recieved a phone call requesting an interview. The interview was one-on-one with the lead pharmacy technician. There were probably about 10-15 questions asked, but they were all different variations of the same questions. This made it difficult to answer beause they were senerio based "Give me an example of a time when you had a deadline and what you did in order to meet that deadline" then seconds later "Give me a time when you had a time limit for a project how did you meet that time limit". This throws you if you are like me and have a dozen answers for the normal interview questions! I had to make sure not to repeat myself. After about 20 minutes of questioning and a breif walk through of the back room area i was given paperwork explaining proof of identity/right to work documents (DL and Social). I was then scheduled for an interview with the Pharmacist. That interview is today so I don't know how it will go just yet. I am hopeful.

Interview Questions

• Repeats of this question in about four different forms "Describe a time when you have had to deal with a challenge, and how did you do it?"   1 Answer
    • Repeats of this question in about four different ways "Have you ever had a job that required you to meet deadlines? How did you organize yourself to meeting those time constraints"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Sunrise, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Standard interview, no questions related to pharmacy. Questions invole how would "you" handle certain situations involving customer.... If you get a second interview, there's is a 99% chance that you will get the job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Talladega, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Talladega, AL) in March 2011.

Interview

I first learned of the position through another pharmacist I previously work with and eventually made my way into the store and applied. After talking with the pharmacy manager, I applied on their application kiosk, which thoroughly sucks. In about a week I got a call for an interview, had a three panel interview an hour later and they gave me the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when your lack of skill in a particular area caused an issue with a customer, how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation on pay, they basically told me what I would make and said take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

There are two parts, interview with store manager (part 1) and pharmacy manager (part 2). Same customer service related questions for both parts. After that if you are accepted, you have to do drug test to start paperwork. After the paperwork is done, you will start training yourself in the CBL(computer based learning) about walmart system and pharmacy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered $10.05 for my job as a pharmacy technician, no experience. I just accepted