Walmart

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Certified Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – After becoming Certified I called this pharmacy to ask of any openings. There were none at this store when I called so I applied at a nearby store that had openings. A month later the preferred store had a spot come open and called me for an interview. I was interviewed in the in-store restaurant by the OTC pharmacy manager on a Tuesday. She asked the normal situational questions and I used my retail experiences to answer. I left a resume and a copy of my license/certifications. She told me to expect a call at the end of the week. On Thursday I got a call for a second interview. The second was with the pharmacy manager. It consisted of him just explaining the job and the next steps in hiring, then asking permission to call my references and run my background check. The next week I got a call to come in for a job offer. I was given my pay amount and directions to a drug testing facility. I took the drug test and was called within a few days to start training that weekend.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you disagreed with a boss.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Hiring process and interview process fair.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Certified Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – The hiring process was extremely streamlined as it was a horizontal movement from an existing Walmart management position. I had passed the required tests and had completed nearly all of the compliance materials before hand so I spent very little time on administrative details. The interview was very easy and contained no surprises.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult customer, what happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Incredibly easy.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – There are two parts, interview with store manager (part 1) and pharmacy manager (part 2). Same customer service related questions for both parts. After that if you are accepted, you have to do drug test to start paperwork. After the paperwork is done, you will start training yourself in the CBL(computer based learning) about walmart system and pharmacy.

Interview Question – N/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered $10.05 for my job as a pharmacy technician, no experience. I just accepted

Oakdale, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for a pharmacy tech position. A few weeks later I recieved a phone call requesting an interview. The interview was one-on-one with the lead pharmacy technician. There were probably about 10-15 questions asked, but they were all different variations of the same questions. This made it difficult to answer beause they were senerio based "Give me an example of a time when you had a deadline and what you did in order to meet that deadline" then seconds later "Give me a time when you had a time limit for a project how did you meet that time limit". This throws you if you are like me and have a dozen answers for the normal interview questions! I had to make sure not to repeat myself. After about 20 minutes of questioning and a breif walk through of the back room area i was given paperwork explaining proof of identity/right to work documents (DL and Social). I was then scheduled for an interview with the Pharmacist. That interview is today so I don't know how it will go just yet. I am hopeful.

Interview Questions

• Repeats of this question in about four different forms "Describe a time when you have had to deal with a challenge, and how did you do it?"   View Answer
  • Repeats of this question in about four different ways "Have you ever had a job that required you to meet deadlines? How did you organize yourself to meeting those time constraints"   View Answer

Talladega, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in March 2011.

Interview Details – I first learned of the position through another pharmacist I previously work with and eventually made my way into the store and applied. After talking with the pharmacy manager, I applied on their application kiosk, which thoroughly sucks. In about a week I got a call for an interview, had a three panel interview an hour later and they gave me the job offer.

Interview Question – Discuss a time when your lack of skill in a particular area caused an issue with a customer, how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation on pay, they basically told me what I would make and said take it or leave it.

Certified Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in January 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with walmart for the certified pharmacy technician position. I applied online and about two months later they called me for an interview.My first interview was with the store manager which was easy and then the second interview was with the pharmacy manager. Overall the two interviews were easy and i was offered a job right on the spot at the second interview.

Interview Question – How do you deal with personal issues and work related issues at the same time?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Certified Pharmacy Technician interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.