Walmart Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Overnight Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

I applied online through their website. I got a call the next day from the manager at a store that was about 30 minutes away from me instead of the two walmarts that are down the street from me. I went in and a lady that manages the electronic department was talking to me while I was waiting and wanted me to get hired on in her department instead. Went back with one of the HR managers and it was in an open room full with other employees(which I hated). She basically asked me what kind of job was a looking for and ended up changing me to Lawn & Garden, which I did not want to do.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I had one interview with the Asset Protection Coordinator and then I met with the Store Manager (as a courtesy) before the APC offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Just like most other places during an interview. They will ask for your strengths and weaknesses and the typical, give me a scenario when....   Answer Question
    They enter all your experience and education into a system that will prompt what they can offer you in order to keep it fair across the board. I was told that I was offered the most that anyone could get. (not sure if that was true or not)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Overall cookie cut. Straight forward standard questions.

A little bit of room for negotiation.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

Just had an interview today. It was kind of bizarre. One lady took me into an open room in the back of the store. I sat down at a table while another interview was taking place! I thought this was a bit unethical. I thought that the information being shared between the interviewer and the "interviewee" was supposed to remain private from the public. The lady asked me to fill out some paperwork before she asked me the standard interview questions. What I thought was odd was that one of the papers I signed said that I had been hired. as a temporary seasonal worker. I thought "Great! This is going to be easy!". Then the hiring manager came in and gave me another interview. He asked similar questions. However, instead of being told that I was hired, he said he would have to finish the background check and then call me back in a few days if I qualified for a third interview. It makes me wonder if it was legal for Walmart to make me sign a paper saying that I had been hired before I was!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to complete a challenge.   Answer Question

Courtesy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amelia, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amelia, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

I filled out an online application & personality test. Then, I waited. And waited. And waited. one month later, they gave me a phone call. We scheduled an interview. The computer went down the day of the interview, so I got a phone call to reschedule. I went to the interview, answered questions, took a drug test, passed the drug test, and was hired.