Walmart Customer Service Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.Be prepared to give examples of situations you had at previous jobs or school. Usually have to wait a half hour to an hour after scheduled appointment for interview to start.

Interview Questions
  • What did you like most and least about your last job?   View Answer
None, they just offer a wage, schedule, accept or reject it.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laconia, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laconia, NH

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in January 2012.

Applied online and within a few days I was called in for an interview, I was interviewed by 2 managers and asked a series of questions once that was done I was sent for a drug test once that was passed I was offered the position and was told to sign a bunch of paperwork and agreeing on compensation and once that was over with I was to start training within a day or so pending the results on the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and describe how you dealt with the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

real easy questions, they hire anybody

no negotiation

Customer Service Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Only had one interview. Dress professionally. Make eye contact. Portray confidence. Be prepared to answer your basic interview questions such as "What was a time when you had to do something under a time limit and how did you perform?" Number one thing... be personable!!!

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time that you've had to be a leader to reach a certain goal. What were some obstacles you had to face and how did you overcome them?"   View Answer
    If there are days you cannot work.. let them know from the start and stick to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Back in Nov. 2012 family member told me about the openings so when i went there to fill out the application the person who interviewed me was so nice and told me there was an opening in the toy department stocking displays and keeping the area clean and helping with assembling .

Interview Questions
    • At or during the interview process there were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2011.

Overall it was a positive interview; I was given the position I desired. I would advise anyone once you qualify to adjust your hours to do so. In the world of Walmart its all about customers in the store. So if there is little traffic in the store your hours will be minimal. I had set an open ended schedule and my start and end times were never consistent.

Interview Questions
    • With us being a Customer driven company; explain a situation where you would go out of your way to assist a difficult customer?   View Answer
    Make sure you are up on your game to succeed.

Anonymous Employee  in  Hastings, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Hastings, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

The person who was supposed to interview me went on break instead and it took them nearly an hour to bring someone else to interview me. This man, clearly not being prepared because it wasn't his job in the first place, had no idea what to do or say or ask me, so mainly he read aloud my application to me (even though i already knew what I had said on it...) asked if I had any questions, couldn't give direct answers for any questions except for regarding hours, of which they only hade 16 per week for me even though I was told this was a full time position.

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

I was first interviewed in a 1:2 setting with a Sales Associate Supervisor and a Automotive Technician Supervisor. This consisted of first siging my application making sure everything was typed in correctly as well as with the hours I am available, reviewing the application I submitted online, etc. After which, the actually question portion took place. This consisted of between 3-5, multi-part questions on various topics from customer service, work-ethic, and dealing with difficult situations. Each question had an overarching topic or theme, and a set of adjectives to describe the kind of individual Wal-Mart is looking for. Then the actual question consisted of a main question with usual 2-5 additional question parts to it.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you worked on a project by yourself. What were your job duties? What was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2008.

If i remember correctly, the interview was during the morning hours. I had gotten a really good
    nights sleep and rose early to assure that I wouldn't be late.
    I arrived about fifteen minutes early and waiting about ten minutes before called back.
    I was interviewed by only one assitant manager and I remember her being very pleasant and making
    me feel pretty comfortable. Well the interview lasted about thirty minutes and well I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name or recall a situation where you solved a problem dealing with a unplesant employee.   View Answer
    • tell us about a time where you had a project that you had to complete in a certain time frame and had very little time to get it done. What did you do?   View Answer
    I did'nt do any negotiating, just needed a job a that point.

Anonymous Employee  in  Garland, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2008.

The interview was your basic what would you do in this situation, why do you want to work here, and what kind of person are you. It only took about an hour and was very laid back. It took place in the break room with employees around.

Interview Questions

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!