Walmart Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

The job was very easy and the interview process consisted of 1 30 minute interview. The main thing was the assessment test which was very common sense and basic. After the interview, they told me right away that I got the job and had to go get drug tested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manteca, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Manteca, CA).

Interview

Application process must be done through store computer or over the internet. Towards the end, applicant must complete an assessment. Applicant should follow-up with the store manager, after application process.

Interview Questions

• Simple common questions ask such as availability, experience, why you decided to pursue your career at Wal-Mart.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always have your experience and documentation (certificates/awards) to back you up. Initial pay is decided according to your experience and credit by months/years experience.

Anonymous Employee in Indio, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Indio, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

passed test first time. OK I loved that would let me even over Q to prove my self. That makes them in my mind they are a good co.And I did Prove my self I have a Letter for rehire. I was hired but In Nov I had to leave. I would like to go back in any position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delano, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Delano, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Asked by my assistant manager if I wanted the position and I said yes. She went over the main duties and what was expected of me and the chance of promoting to a customer service manager.

Interview Questions

• If I felt a customer was trying to cash a fraudulent check, what would I do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.Be prepared to give examples of situations you had at previous jobs or school. Usually have to wait a half hour to an hour after scheduled appointment for interview to start.

Interview Questions

• What did you like most and least about your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, they just offer a wage, schedule, accept or reject it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Meet with assigned manager of human resource department. Ask selected questions, if selected answers match company's desired needs, interviewee is asked to be interviewed by available manager, of previously selected managers.

Interview Questions

• Why did you select - as a candidate or choice for employment?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

real easy questions, they hire anybody

Negotiation

no negotiation

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Only had one interview. Dress professionally. Make eye contact. Portray confidence. Be prepared to answer your basic interview questions such as "What was a time when you had to do something under a time limit and how did you perform?" Number one thing... be personable!!!

Interview Questions

• "Name a time that you've had to be a leader to reach a certain goal. What were some obstacles you had to face and how did you overcome them?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

If there are days you cannot work.. let them know from the start and stick to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Springfield, MO).

Interview

Back in Nov. 2012 family member told me about the openings so when i went there to fill out the application the person who interviewed me was so nice and told me there was an opening in the toy department stocking displays and keeping the area clean and helping with assembling .

Interview Questions

• At or during the interview process there were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

pretty easy and straight to the point, basic interview. There wasn't much to the interview process. Wait time between applying and interviewing was only a matter of a few weeks. Started working the very next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none