Walmart

2.5

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manteca, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manteca, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Application process must be done through store computer or over the internet. Towards the end, applicant must complete an assessment. Applicant should follow-up with the store manager, after application process.

Interview Questions
  • Simple common questions ask such as availability, experience, why you decided to pursue your career at Wal-Mart.   Answer Question
Always have your experience and documentation (certificates/awards) to back you up. Initial pay is decided according to your experience and credit by months/years experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.Be prepared to give examples of situations you had at previous jobs or school. Usually have to wait a half hour to an hour after scheduled appointment for interview to start.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like most and least about your last job?   View Answer
    None, they just offer a wage, schedule, accept or reject it.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

real easy questions, they hire anybody

no negotiation

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Only had one interview. Dress professionally. Make eye contact. Portray confidence. Be prepared to answer your basic interview questions such as "What was a time when you had to do something under a time limit and how did you perform?" Number one thing... be personable!!!

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time that you've had to be a leader to reach a certain goal. What were some obstacles you had to face and how did you overcome them?"   View Answer
    If there are days you cannot work.. let them know from the start and stick to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Back in Nov. 2012 family member told me about the openings so when i went there to fill out the application the person who interviewed me was so nice and told me there was an opening in the toy department stocking displays and keeping the area clean and helping with assembling .

Interview Questions
    • At or during the interview process there were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

pretty easy and straight to the point, basic interview. There wasn't much to the interview process. Wait time between applying and interviewing was only a matter of a few weeks. Started working the very next week.

There was none

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2012.

I was called for an interview and went 2 days later. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked about previous experience and my goals with the company. I was asked if I would be willing to change my availability if I was ever promoted, and If I would ever be interested in promotions.

Interview Questions
    • Descibe a time when I may have had an irate customer and what steps did I take to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laconia, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laconia, NH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in January 2012.

Applied online and within a few days I was called in for an interview, I was interviewed by 2 managers and asked a series of questions once that was done I was sent for a drug test once that was passed I was offered the position and was told to sign a bunch of paperwork and agreeing on compensation and once that was over with I was to start training within a day or so pending the results on the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and describe how you dealt with the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

I was first interviewed in a 1:2 setting with a Sales Associate Supervisor and a Automotive Technician Supervisor. This consisted of first siging my application making sure everything was typed in correctly as well as with the hours I am available, reviewing the application I submitted online, etc. After which, the actually question portion took place. This consisted of between 3-5, multi-part questions on various topics from customer service, work-ethic, and dealing with difficult situations. Each question had an overarching topic or theme, and a set of adjectives to describe the kind of individual Wal-Mart is looking for. Then the actual question consisted of a main question with usual 2-5 additional question parts to it.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you worked on a project by yourself. What were your job duties? What was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in April 2011.

Overall it was a positive interview; I was given the position I desired. I would advise anyone once you qualify to adjust your hours to do so. In the world of Walmart its all about customers in the store. So if there is little traffic in the store your hours will be minimal. I had set an open ended schedule and my start and end times were never consistent.

Interview Questions
    • With us being a Customer driven company; explain a situation where you would go out of your way to assist a difficult customer?   View Answer
    Make sure you are up on your game to succeed.