Walmart

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.Be prepared to give examples of situations you had at previous jobs or school. Usually have to wait a half hour to an hour after scheduled appointment for interview to start.

Interview Question – What did you like most and least about your last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, they just offer a wage, schedule, accept or reject it.

Laconia, NH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and within a few days I was called in for an interview, I was interviewed by 2 managers and asked a series of questions once that was done I was sent for a drug test once that was passed I was offered the position and was told to sign a bunch of paperwork and agreeing on compensation and once that was over with I was to start training within a day or so pending the results on the drug test.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and describe how you dealt with the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – real easy questions, they hire anybody

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Only had one interview. Dress professionally. Make eye contact. Portray confidence. Be prepared to answer your basic interview questions such as "What was a time when you had to do something under a time limit and how did you perform?" Number one thing... be personable!!!

Interview Question – "Name a time that you've had to be a leader to reach a certain goal. What were some obstacles you had to face and how did you overcome them?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If there are days you cannot work.. let them know from the start and stick to it.

Springfield, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Back in Nov. 2012 family member told me about the openings so when i went there to fill out the application the person who interviewed me was so nice and told me there was an opening in the toy department stocking displays and keeping the area clean and helping with assembling .

Interview Question – At or during the interview process there were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2011.

Interview Details – Overall it was a positive interview; I was given the position I desired. I would advise anyone once you qualify to adjust your hours to do so. In the world of Walmart its all about customers in the store. So if there is little traffic in the store your hours will be minimal. I had set an open ended schedule and my start and end times were never consistent.

Interview Question – With us being a Customer driven company; explain a situation where you would go out of your way to assist a difficult customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you are up on your game to succeed.

Hastings, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – The person who was supposed to interview me went on break instead and it took them nearly an hour to bring someone else to interview me. This man, clearly not being prepared because it wasn't his job in the first place, had no idea what to do or say or ask me, so mainly he read aloud my application to me (even though i already knew what I had said on it...) asked if I had any questions, couldn't give direct answers for any questions except for regarding hours, of which they only hade 16 per week for me even though I was told this was a full time position.

Interview Question – Who did you schedule your interview with?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed in a 1:2 setting with a Sales Associate Supervisor and a Automotive Technician Supervisor. This consisted of first siging my application making sure everything was typed in correctly as well as with the hours I am available, reviewing the application I submitted online, etc. After which, the actually question portion took place. This consisted of between 3-5, multi-part questions on various topics from customer service, work-ethic, and dealing with difficult situations. Each question had an overarching topic or theme, and a set of adjectives to describe the kind of individual Wal-Mart is looking for. Then the actual question consisted of a main question with usual 2-5 additional question parts to it.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
  • Describe a time when you worked on a project by yourself. What were your job duties? What was the result?   Answer Question

Shreveport, LA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2008.

Interview Details – If i remember correctly, the interview was during the morning hours. I had gotten a really good
nights sleep and rose early to assure that I wouldn't be late.
I arrived about fifteen minutes early and waiting about ten minutes before called back.
I was interviewed by only one assitant manager and I remember her being very pleasant and making
me feel pretty comfortable. Well the interview lasted about thirty minutes and well I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name or recall a situation where you solved a problem dealing with a unplesant employee.   View Answer
  • tell us about a time where you had a project that you had to complete in a certain time frame and had very little time to get it done. What did you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did'nt do any negotiating, just needed a job a that point.

Garland, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was your basic what would you do in this situation, why do you want to work here, and what kind of person are you. It only took about an hour and was very laid back. It took place in the break room with employees around.

Interview Question – What qualities do you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!