Walmart

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Lynchburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – There are a series of scenario questions that you are asked and several what if questions as well as an outdated psych eval that is outdated especially for a retail job with minimum qualifications.

Interview Question – There were none they read from a scripted question set.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was non exsistant

Customs Service Interview

Customs Service
South Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in January 2011.

Interview Details – a easy phone interview, with some basis questions and a follow up personal interview, dress formal and you will be good to go

Interview Question – Nothing too Unexpected Question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got another offer

Very Easy Interview

Springfield, OH

I interviewed at Walmart in April 2011.

Interview Details – Was quick and easy to do

Interview Question – Tell us a time that you were very irate   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waynesboro, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Three interviews. One on the spot at the time of my application, and two later. First interview was very low pressure, easy questions. Second was more heavier, with the assistant manager over the position in question. Asked to complete "opinion survey", which was then scored and then I was questioned on the answers I got "wrong". Third interview quick and easy, ending with job offer.

Interview Question – I was not expecting to be questioned so hard on the "opinion survey".   Answer Question

Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – they would ask different examples of how you would take care of a situation at work or how you have taken care of certain situations at your previous jobs.

Interview Question – they were all just basic questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2009.

Interview Details – I applied to Wal-Mart through their website, I got a call a month afterward. I was asked if I still wanted to work at Wal-Mart and if I was available next day for an interview. I was schedule for an interview next day, around 9am. I got there on time and they were running late, I had to wait there until 11am to go inside and get my interview done. I had to talk to three different managers, so I had three interviews in one day. After that I was told to go get my drug test done and come back next day. Next day I went back and got to talk to HR and I was given my ID badge.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later I got a call requesting an interview. Mostly situational questions, some personality ones.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at walmart?   Answer Question

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2011.

Interview Details – I first applied online. I endured a series of personality test type questions (which characteristic is more like you...). I didn't hear from them for months so I figured they had found other people for the position. About 4 months later I received a phone call from a customer service manager. It was about a 20 minute phone interview asking me a series of situation questions (tell me a time when you....and what was the outcome..). She also threw in a few personality type questions like (when you are faced with a disappointing situation how do you manage to stay positive). After that she told me to come in for a "group interview". I have not yet went to the group interview but I will update ASAP

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Customer Service interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.