Walmart

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Easy - 2 interview process. Meet with one manager and if they like you/your answers then you go on to the next manager. Just basic customer service questions and they're big about having an open availability. If you don't have an open availability then they may not consider you. They may tell you the hours and if you're ok with them, or what the flex hours may be as well, and if you're ok with them. It really depends on the manager you get, how your interview might go.

Interview Question – What was a time when you did not fulfill a customer's needs and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. They tell you your rate

Canton, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in December 2010.

Interview Details – It is ok. A group panel of three interviews you even if you apply for car pusher. Backround and drug test are conducted. Skills review. A lot of paperwork.

Interview Question – Does it bother you to do other peoples work?   View Answer

Oxford, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2012.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview, online assessment, then in-person interview with GM then DM. All were pretty easy in my opinion, but they were opening a new store and really needed people. The interview questions were pretty standard, so it was nothing unexpected or unusually difficult. Overall, the excitement level of the GM and DM had the biggest impact and made me want the job more.

Interview Question – All pretty standard questions.. nothing ridiculous or unexpected. EX: Explain a time where you had to deal with an upset customer... what did you do? What steps did you take? Were you able to alleviate the situation? Etc., etc., etc.
Standard and reasonable questions in my opinion.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked what my desired pay was on the application and presented their offer. It was a take it or leave it situation.. but was based on my asking wage

Hattiesburg, MS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview Details – One interview for this position. A technology usage test and typing rate test was required. Drug tested and started training which lasted for 2 weeks. Then you start taking calls. There is a pretty high wash out rate, but if you can leave the job at work and not bring it home you'll be fine.

Interview Question – None, the only questions they ask are if you can work full time and are you okay taking a drug test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

Interview Details – Over all positive and straight forward.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to satisfy and unhappy customer and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiating which was okay I was hired as a temp and am now permanent.

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Working at Walmart was a good learning experience. I gained experiences in sales, inventory management and customer service in the retail industry .

Washington, DC

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2009.

Interview Details – Manager took 1st interview, and then called for 2nd interview, and then background check, and drug test. Once everything is done they call you and give you schedule

Interview Question – Name A time you had a problem with a customer? What was the problem? How did you reslove the problem? What was the final outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

St. Albert, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in October 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was take it or leave or

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired three months after filling out the application, two weeks after first interview and had the last and final interview a few days later. I had to then get drug tested. I began work immediatly the day after passing the test. Three people interviewed me and I had to pass the pysch evaluation test to get the job. After starting there were three days worth of CBL's to do which is testing and orientation type material.

Interview Question – where I saw myself in five years....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered above standards wages for past experience but only a little more

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – you have to meet with three people in the company from asst managers to zone managers if they like you they will have you back for final interview if you pass that they will call you in about a week for a face to face to offer you the job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.