Walmart Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dearborn, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Easy - 2 interview process. Meet with one manager and if they like you/your answers then you go on to the next manager. Just basic customer service questions and they're big about having an open availability. If you don't have an open availability then they may not consider you. They may tell you the hours and if you're ok with them, or what the flex hours may be as well, and if you're ok with them. It really depends on the manager you get, how your interview might go.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time when you did not fulfill a customer's needs and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
There was none. They tell you your rate

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Walmart in December 2010.

It is ok. A group panel of three interviews you even if you apply for car pusher. Backround and drug test are conducted. Skills review. A lot of paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Does it bother you to do other peoples work?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2012.

Did a phone interview, online assessment, then in-person interview with GM then DM. All were pretty easy in my opinion, but they were opening a new store and really needed people. The interview questions were pretty standard, so it was nothing unexpected or unusually difficult. Overall, the excitement level of the GM and DM had the biggest impact and made me want the job more.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty standard questions.. nothing ridiculous or unexpected. EX: Explain a time where you had to deal with an upset customer... what did you do? What steps did you take? Were you able to alleviate the situation? Etc., etc., etc.
      Standard and reasonable questions in my opinion.
        Answer Question
    They asked what my desired pay was on the application and presented their offer. It was a take it or leave it situation.. but was based on my asking wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hattiesburg, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

One interview for this position. A technology usage test and typing rate test was required. Drug tested and started training which lasted for 2 weeks. Then you start taking calls. There is a pretty high wash out rate, but if you can leave the job at work and not bring it home you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • None, the only questions they ask are if you can work full time and are you okay taking a drug test.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

Over all positive and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to satisfy and unhappy customer and what was the outcome?   View Answer
    There wasn't much room for negotiating which was okay I was hired as a temp and am now permanent.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Working at Walmart was a good learning experience. I gained experiences in sales, inventory management and customer service in the retail industry .

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2009.

Manager took 1st interview, and then called for 2nd interview, and then background check, and drug test. Once everything is done they call you and give you schedule

Interview Questions
    • Name A time you had a problem with a customer? What was the problem? How did you reslove the problem? What was the final outcome?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Applied online and was contacted within a week through a telephone interview. The conclusion of the telephone interview was to ask me to come in for an in person group interview. The group interview had six of us, and focused on basic customer service skills and testing common sense. I was contacted that day with a job offer after I returned home.

Interview Questions
    • There were many questions related to integrity that seemed geared towards assuring that applicants wouldn't bring a lot of gossip or drama to their positions.   Answer Question
    Was given an extra thirty cents on top of minimum wage as a nod to my previous experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  St. Albert, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Albert, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in October 2010.

Group interview

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It was take it or leave or

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walmart in February 2009.

I was hired three months after filling out the application, two weeks after first interview and had the last and final interview a few days later. I had to then get drug tested. I began work immediatly the day after passing the test. Three people interviewed me and I had to pass the pysch evaluation test to get the job. After starting there were three days worth of CBL's to do which is testing and orientation type material.

Interview Questions
    I was offered above standards wages for past experience but only a little more

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!