Walmart Deli Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Two managers taking turns asking questions. Got a lot of situation/hypothetical questions. I was asked about my availability, and how long I want to work at Walmart. They were very interested in knowing about my relevant experience as well. Also, they spent a few minutes talking about the business culture at my particular Walmart!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you or another person disagreed. How did you solve the problem? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interview was with 2 managers separately. Questions were the same booth times and fairly easy to answer based on past experiences. Job was offered right away pending drug and background check.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Applied online, called me in for interview, passed the interview and was offered for the job, took it and send me for drug test and background test. 2 weeks later i as called for orientation and start working on the floor on 2rd day after CBL.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work as a team what was your job in the team and how did it help the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Huntsville, AL) in July 2012.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I was asked how I would handle some situations through giving examples from prior experiences. It was pretty straightforward,and I was told I had the position after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle busy situations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2012.

Interview

the crazy questions that's asked by all employers were not asked, but the Satisfactory for the "answers" responses was checked like they were asked though, but basically me and the other person were hired on the spot because it was the person "day off" they were trying to leave quickly as possible

Interview Questions

• none at all, just take the drug test and past the background check   1 Answer

Negotiation

Deli Associate started off with $8.70 an hour no experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlefield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Middlefield, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

One will interview with basic customer service and scenario questions. if you get it another will interview you and they will offer you a job.

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview

I had two interviews, the same questions where asked during both interviews. Interviewed with two other people. Took a while for orientation called back after a week to begin orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Des Moines, IA) in October 2010.

Interview

Very detailed and many questions about your past work history as well as your quality work. They want to know everything about your past history and everything about how you will treat their customers. Just be honest and very detailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much negotiation. Either you accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by two supervisors, and they asked me basic questions on how I would handle certain customer service situations, invited me back to see a wider panel consisting of 3 Assistant Managers, in which they asked me on my previous job experiences, skills, etc, and then I was invited one last time to discuss my pay rate and finalize my employment after a 24 hr drug test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you saw another associate slacking off and relaxing more than usual? How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I explained to them that I worked as an intern for 3 years in the student store in high school, and that I exceed in the customer service division of the company, and I convinced them to give me a higher pay rate than my peers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sand Springs, OK

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Sand Springs, OK) in July 2010.

Interview

Interveiew was very basic. They aske me some questions you really can not mess up. Got second interview directly after and passed. Drug Test with in 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to finish work on a timeline.   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had to have accountability   1 Answer

Negotiation

none