Walmart

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Deli Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, the same questions where asked during both interviews. Interviewed with two other people. Took a while for orientation called back after a week to begin orientation.

Interview Question – All of the questions seemed really broad   Answer Question

Middlefield, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – One will interview with basic customer service and scenario questions. if you get it another will interview you and they will offer you a job.

Deli Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Applied online, called me in for interview, passed the interview and was offered for the job, took it and send me for drug test and background test. 2 weeks later i as called for orientation and start working on the floor on 2rd day after CBL.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to work as a team what was your job in the team and how did it help the team?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – the crazy questions that's asked by all employers were not asked, but the Satisfactory for the "answers" responses was checked like they were asked though, but basically me and the other person were hired on the spot because it was the person "day off" they were trying to leave quickly as possible

Interview Question – none at all, just take the drug test and past the background check   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Deli Associate started off with $8.70 an hour no experience

Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed and many questions about your past work history as well as your quality work. They want to know everything about your past history and everything about how you will treat their customers. Just be honest and very detailed.

Interview Question – "How will you better our company?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation. Either you accept or decline.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially interviewed by two supervisors, and they asked me basic questions on how I would handle certain customer service situations, invited me back to see a wider panel consisting of 3 Assistant Managers, in which they asked me on my previous job experiences, skills, etc, and then I was invited one last time to discuss my pay rate and finalize my employment after a 24 hr drug test.

Interview Question – Have you ever been in a situation where you saw another associate slacking off and relaxing more than usual? How did you handle the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I explained to them that I worked as an intern for 3 years in the student store in high school, and that I exceed in the customer service division of the company, and I convinced them to give me a higher pay rate than my peers.

Very Easy Interview

Sand Springs, OK

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interveiew was very basic. They aske me some questions you really can not mess up. Got second interview directly after and passed. Drug Test with in 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to finish work on a timeline.   View Answer
  • Name a time when you had to have accountability   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Charleston, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2009.

Interview Details – Applied in store on one of their computer terminals. This led to a call from them about an open position. I did a telephone interview first (very brief), then they said they'd like to bring me in. At this point, I was interviewed, and told I was very likely to get the position if I passed the background check and drug tests. Which I did and got the job.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to get a higher salary based on previous experience in a grocery store. This wasn't negotiated, but given.

Deli Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in October 2009.

Interview Details – I received a call asking for an interview. The first portion was with an assistant manager. They ask basic questions. The second interview (which came minutes after the first) was with the direct supervisor for that department. This is when they did the situation and response questions. After I had completed those, I was offered a job, told what salary they were offering and what the responsibilities entailed for that position.

Interview Question – Name a time you failed to meet a deadline. What were the consequences and what did you do to make sure it didn't happen again?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was made.

Deli Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – Took close to 20 min just to be called back into interview room. Filled out short form (name, addy, etc.) One on one interview asked generic questions. Second person came and interviewed, asked same generic questions. rated my score in front of me. I received high marks on all questions.. not sure why I was never even called back, and any attempt to contact afterwards was just being put on hold for indefinate amounts of time.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you didn't like a rule, but had to follow it anyways.   Answer Question

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!