Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.6

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

There will be two interviews taken place. The first is from a lower level member of management. The second from a higher level. They each ask a series of intertwined questions that have several questions within each. The first manager will either pass you on to the next manager or they will not depending on their level of interest.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are very difficult. Just try to focus on the question as a whole not the individual questions within. Most of the managers are pretty laid back so feeling extremely nervous is unnecessary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiating. They said this is what you will make and they kind of make you feel like it is that or nothing. There is always someone else who will do the job for that pay. Of course they don't say that.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interviewed with the Co-Manager at the time, sit down style meeting in an empty office room of the store, short introduction followed by a series of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you were given a difficult project to complete with a strict timeline, how did you achieve success, what policies and procedures did you use, and how did you improve the project for future employees?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Union City, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

It fast. Sisnce the assistant manager already knew me sk it wast that hard for him to decide. And fke js js djd zk js s jz sjx djdjx djd j jnn n n nbjnn nbj s s jnd. S n.

Interview Questions

• What did you do that did a impact to the store in a possitice manner   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ns jsbaks djs akd. Nsjakkalc. Djjd a snid siikjs z. Sjs nb. X. B b h n b j nn n.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I had twenty years experience in management and showed up to the interview in a professional suit and got hired as a department manager with half the pay. I interviewed the Asst. manager and she could not even tell me her sales quota for the month.

Negotiation

They had points for every year you are a manager with experience. What a joke.

Department Manager Interview

Interview

External interviews: One interview with an hourly supervisor, one with a salaried member of management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Mooresville, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

Basic questions about working with teams of people and coming up with plans to complete projects sample questions available on the net. 2 interviews first one by an hourly manager then a salary manager, usually as long as you give an answer and you can pass the background and drug test you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone how did you get your point across while still respecting the other persons opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed they tell you what they are willing to pay which will be McDonalds money and you say ok and you are hired or no and go look for another job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (New Orleans, LA) in September 2013.

Interview

I got interviewed by a zone manager and then the assistant manager.i then was extended te offer by the shift manager who really wanted to take the offer back because I was over qualified.i only wanted to work for the day hours.the money wasn't really important because I'm a new mother and wanted nights off.it took them almost a month to finish the process.i had to call multiple times to ask about my background returning and my drug test.rediculous.

Anonymous Employee in Mason, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Mason, WV) in August 2013.

Interview

This was my first interview at Walmart other than when I hired in. I was nervous, but after we got started I was okay. I answered a series of questions that wanted to know how I handle situations and steps that I would take to complete a difficult task. I just spoke from personal experiences.

Interview Questions

• If you were in the middle of doing something important and an associate came to you with a problem, what would you do?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

Interview

Apply either in store or online. Get call back for interview. Ace the interview then drug test.

Usual standard questions they ask:
    Name a time you had to work as a team to get the job done but had hard to work with teammates. how did you finish the task?

name a time outside work for the above question.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to step up and take a leadership position when working with others   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Walmart requires multiple interviews. I went through at least 3. Overall pretty general questions. There are some scenario questions so be prepared for that. Most importantly remember to interview with a smile

Interview Questions

• None. They were all pretty standard interview questions   Answer Question