Walmart

Average Difficulty
51 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Department Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – You are interviewed by an assistant manager. They ask 5 situation questions. What did you do when this situation arrose type questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a difficult project due, how did you handle it, what was the outcome, what did you do to ensure you finished on time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Dept manager in detail would be filling of products. Makings sure employees have been trained fully in all aspects of the dept, Making sure all your counts are accurate for the department inventory to ensure all products come in on a timley manor,

Interview Question – What would you do if a an customer comes to you with a complaint how would you handle the situtation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Prior to taking the dept mgr position i worked in the electronics dept. also covered for 2 different depts i worked hard for my position so i believe when you work hard you will be given opportunities to move up.

Moline, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – A 1 on 1 interview, then a panel interview, drug test and background check. For management positions an assessment test is given.

Interview Question – Name a time when you .... What did you do or how did you handle the situation, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations when I was hired. It was more, accept this offer or don't accept the job.

Sumiton, AL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – I went to 3 interviews and then went for a drug test and then i was trianed to do my job for a week.

Interview Question – Why they have overlooked me for jobs that i am qualified for and i have been overlooked on them all.?   Answer Question

Kennesaw, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in November 2011.

Interview Details – Panel interview with Zone Manager, Store Manager, and Shift Manager. Situational questions

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to coach an associate for improvement?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The hours were not as good as the hours i am getting now in a lower position and I am full time and the position was part time

Sarasota, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – The main personnel manager who initially contacts people does a great job. It would be the failure of the upper echelons of management that seem to drop the ball. They have a "Tier" based hiring system that excludes people who do not test very well for Walmart as a whole, not just the job that they're applying for. The pay compensation is NOT even remotely competitive whatsoever.

It took a few days to actually get the ball rolling after the initial interview with the main personnel manager, but again, not his fault. Upper management were too busy dragging their feet to get anyone into a position that's been vacant for almost a year!

Interview Question – The questions are extremely easy, I anticipated exactly what they would ask. I would advise people to not so much pay attention to the company history of Walmart or Sam Walton, but think hard about team work based questions, even though this company doesn't emphasize a whole lot of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Dead ended so to speak. I would ask questions that were open ended to hopefully get more money for what I would be doing at my position but the pay structure is "job-coded" and your pay is "SET IN STONE" and "they can't do anything about it."

Surprise, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, then at the 12 o'clock hour offered different position.

Bemidji, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – Thre interviews was basically the same with each person who interviewed me. Then I went to a drug test and waited for my background test. Thie process took 2 weeks. Then I was called back for an orentation process. Then whats called CBLs.

Interview Question – We can all be difficult at times. Tell me about a time someone was diffucult how did you handle it? Did you ask them any questions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing. They put me in an area that I didnt want to work and they also gave me a low wage.

Richmond, VA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2011.

Interview Details – Your interview will most likely be one of a few for the same position. The interview will assess your problem solving, communication, and poise in a leader role. Market yourself. What "you" did and how "you" were important to the process is what they are looking for in you answers. Be specific about details and events.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to resolve a problem and the asnswer to that problem was not immediately apparent. Whats tools did you utilize/ Who did you involve? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Descibe a time when you had to critique someones performance. How did you do so What Methods did you use? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to none.

Shelton, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2009.

Interview Details – I worked in a department for 4 years and was treated like I was in charge of people and should be babysitting them. I applied through the wire for a department manager position whatever was available. I then got an interview and was promoted with the week since I guess the managers have been wanting me to show initiative and move up for a while.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to resolve an issue with a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiating.