Walmart

Walmart Electronics Associate Interview Questions

2.5

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Electronics Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

had one interview and it was simple and straightforward. They interview you in a group, meaning you and like 3 managers. They ask basic questions like "if you were in a bad situation what would you do" or "name a time that you resolved a conflict"

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

BEFORE the questions be sure to briefly mention about any skills that you have that are relevant to the job. Answer basic questions about your past experiences. If you have any gaps, use any reasonable answer, the only wrong answer is not having one. And I can't stress this enough, if you are not honest about when you are available and change it immediately, the system may not give you very many hours, and your supervisors will not like you.

Interview Questions
    • People seem to always not include experience on their resume's, include EVERYTHING.   View Answer
    No negotiation on hourly positions, I don't know about salary, but you CAN talk about promotions and different positions available.

Electronics Associate Interview

I applied online and was called within a few weeks for an interview. I originally interviewed with someone who was forced out of her position by a power-hungry assistant manager. Following that, I interviewed with an assistant manager. Both interviews were fairly easy and generic. It's been a while since all of this, so I don't remember much else.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult encounter with a customer?   Answer Question

Electronics Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

I got called for an interview. I went in, and proceeded to go through two interviews in the same day, neither of which I feel had questions that were relevant or very enlightening to the interviewer. The first person who interviewed me was not part of the department I was interviewing for, nor had they had a good deal of experience with interviewing. The reason I know this is because they told me it was their second time ever interviewing someone. I found the process along with the material of the interview to be ridiculous. Each question had several questions contained within it, which was very confusing and hard to keep track of. Also, the questions were so vague that it was hard to develop cohesive answers to them. I was not even done after two interviews. I was scheduled to do a third interview, but I declined as I thought it was ridiculous to go through three interviews at a place where half the people I saw working looked like they didn't want to be there. Walmart, you need to rethink your process.

Interview Questions
    • All of them were difficult. I cannot remember any specifics though, as they were mostly vague, run-of-the-mill interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Pretty simple really.You fill in the application.You do so by going to a Kiosk usually set in the customer service area.You will receive a call to come in by a certain time for interview.(Important :Be on Time).They usually give you an interview.They may not call you back right away (for me it was a day or two between when I made the application and when they called me).If you get a call back to have a 2nd interview it's pretty safe to say you have the job.The second one is usually filling out the paperwork, doing your drug test, and getting the anti union stuff out the way.

Interview Questions
    • They seemed to be fixated on whether or not you will go the extra mile for the company.So they may ask you to name a time when you did a extra project for your previous employer.Or can you tell me a time you've done more than what was expected of you on a project and what was the result?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

I applied and about a week later i received a call back from the Personnel Office. Depending on if the store is hiring or not will determine how quickly they respond.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions. They just ask simple questions like: Describe a time you had to handle a difficult task, or if a customer is angry how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart in February 2009.

I applied online and was called within a week and asked to interview the same day. I was offered the position, they called my references immediately, and asked me to come back to do paperwork and get form for drug test. I met the department manager and an assistant manager. I worked as a communications consultant and freelance designer for 20+ years, but had never worked retail. I had to provide answers to questions based upon my experience in other arenas, and found that my interviewers did not relate to the situations I described. I did
    not get "job credit" consideration on starting wage as 20+ years of professional self-employment was not considered applicable to this job.

Interview Questions
    • How did you... Deal with a difficult customer. Act in a leadership role as part of a team. Provide good customer service. Solve an unexpected problem.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation with regards to wage or position offered, even if there is more than one job open at the time of your interview.

Electronics Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in July 2010.

its a joke they are so desperate for people they will hire about anybody that can pass drug test and background check. Expect to answer set questions that doesnt matter how you answer and also expect them to pay you the least amount possible. Also watch out for the 40 hour a week part time job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to work fast without sacrificing quality.   Answer Question
    would not negotiate

Electronics Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

When I applied to Walmart, I completed a test online. I received a phone call from an assistant manager on a Friday morning, and was scheduled for a Monday interview. I was interviewed by 3 people; assistant manager, zone manager and merchandise supervisor. I was asked scenario questions, mostly "tell me about a time when..." The 3 of them met afterward, briefly, and the assistant manager asked me to come back later in the week for a drug test. I did that Thursday, and was hired on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would complete a task when you know you do not have enough time.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was very rude and how did you handle it.   View Answer
    There was not any negotiation. I was presented with an offer and I chose to accept it.