Walmart Electronics Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

21 interviews

1.7

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2010.

The interview process is divided into three different interviews. The interviews are repeats of the same questions with a different panel. They were not really all that interested in where I was going to be the best fit, as much as a body count to fill an empty position. As long as you are friendly and polite and always answer the questions you will do fine.

Interview Questions
  • Worst question I remember is: did you ever have a difficult co-worker or customer, if so how did you deal with him/her?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

I applied online and got a call back about two weeks later for an in store interview, I was then told if they were to offer me a job they would call later that day or the next. They called me a few hours later and asked if I could come in the next day for a job offer, I had the option of Electronics, Women's wear or Cashier. They all held the same pay, 7.65, but different hours with Electronics being the most hours at 35. I choose Electronics and set up a date for orientation. We had orientation a few days later, the same people who were with me during the job offer were at orientation. We then had a day off and then training, CBLs. We went to the floor after we completed all of our CBLs, I personally had 80 something.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are very standard and my interviewing hardly let me finish before going on to the next question, it was all just formalities for her.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay or hours. You take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norwalk, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I was initially called in for an interview the day before it was to be scheduled. Asking the associate who called me where I should report to had me going to the Site to Store area and waiting. Once arriving the following day for my interview at the Walmart location, I waited in the Site to Store area with one other candidate. About 15 minutes after arriving, the other candidate was pulled in before me and about ten to fifteen minutes after that I was pulled in. The first interview was with a person of management. They asked me to verify my information, double checked with me about my availability, and once that information was accounted for by the personnel associate, I was then asked to describe myself.

Once I detailed my work experience to her, I was asked to be patient and wait for an Assistant Manager in the Associate's Breakroom. It was a good twenty or so minutes before someone came for me to give me my second interview. The Assistant Manager that interviewed me pulled me into an office away from the Personnel office and gave me my second interview. She introduced herself, I introduced myself and we continued the interview process. It was pretty basic as far as retail interviews go. A couple of situational questions that dealt with hypothetical and/or personal examples were given and then we went over what I did for my previous employers and how that would relate to the job I was being interviewed for. Towards the end of my interview, I offered her a copy of my resume and cover letter and was told that it wasn't needed at that stage and she asked me to wait in the Associate's Breakroom once more. About another ten to fifteen minutes went by before a different person of Personnel came and got me and I was sat down and offered the job I was interviewed for. Accepting the job offer, I consented to a background check, drug test and formally signed off on my information for the background check. I was given a form for my drug testing with a printout of directions to get to the medical facility to take the drug test and was informed I had twenty four hours from the time written on the form to take it. One minute after and my application was null and void and I'd lose out on the job.

Going for my drug test was simple. Did the typical drug test and waited for about six to seven days before I was called and scheduled for orientation the next day.

Was overall a positive experience and so far, all of the associates that I've worked with have been very accepting and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any difficult questions asked in my opinion. I guess one of the hardest ones that could've been asked was, "Describe a situation that you were given a difficult project. What did you do, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?" This would mostly be difficult to answer in the case of not preparing the night before for the interview. But luckily, I prepared for many scenarios.   View Answer
    I was offered a fair wage for starting fresh at the company. There wasn't much negotiating. The only question I asked since it was part-time, is if it was a temporary part-time or permanent part-time before I accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

It was pretty simple, they ask you the regular questions that they normally would (what if scenarios etc.) The process went really great and since it was my first time working in a retail environment, i was happy. After everything went through, I took the drug test right away and I started pretty much that next following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Medford, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

The interview was rather painless. Essentially twist prior work/school to fit the needs of the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2011.

I got a call for an interview less than 30 minutes of putting in the application. They called me for a cashier position. Which I gladly accepted the interview needing a job. They interviewed me, asked me typical "Name a time When 'such and such' happened" and "where do you see yourself in 5 years". I went out and waited for the job offer, they offered my 7.65 based on my previous 4 years cashier experience.

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

It took about 6 weeks from application to start date. I applied online and was called about a week later to schedule an interview. The phone call was short and simple with no interview questions asked. I was informed to dress business casual and cover any tattoos. The interview took place a little less than a week later. The interview itself was very laid back. I spent about 20-30 minutes waiting for the hiring manager to get all the paperwork she needed together before we began. She asked questions about my background, if I knew anything about electronics, what hours I would be willing to work and why I wanted to work for Walmart. I was told that she liked me and I should be getting a phone call with a job offer within a week. It actually took almost a month before I actually got the job offer even though I called back to inquire about it during the time that passed. I started training within 3 days after receiving my job offer. All the people (the personnel girl that scheduled my interview and the manager) were very polite, friendly and laid back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Weston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, WV

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Nothing fancy or elaborate. Just basic behavioral questions to see how you function when faced with conflict and how you work in a team. Drug screening afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about your biggest struggle and achievement."   Answer Question

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Hiring process starts with an informal questionnaire type interview with a CSM. I was interviewed by someone that was much younger than me. This included questions like "Describe a time when you had to deal with a customer with a bad attitude." This is basically to get an idea of your experience of different situations with customers and fellow employees. Pretty easy and basic. The next step is an interview with an Assistant Manager. This is done in the back in a more private setting. They generally ask you about experience and your basic intentions for the job, along with your scheduling needs. You are then sent for a drug test, if you pass the drug test you're basically hired. You then are scheduled for a week of training with a group and have hundreds of CBL's (computer based learning) to complete while trying to gain experience on the floor. The entire process is pretty laid back and easy to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions in the interview are similar to what you complete in the application. The most difficult part of the hiring process is getting a wage that is higher than minimum wage. You pretty much are unable to get a higher wage, they will simply pass you up for the next applicant.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Avon, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, IN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

There really isn't an interview process. You will get a phone call from HR asking to meet with you. They will ask you a few simple questions (very simple and easy to answer). You are pretty much guaranteed the job as long as you show up to the interview. Walmart will hire anyone, which is why their turnover rate is so high! 90% of employees who work for this company have no ambitions, have given up on life, or have had life take a big dump on them. Nobody cares about their job in this company, which is why nothing gets accomplished. If you are goal oriented and accomplish tasks easily, then be prepared to do ALL of the work in your department. After you are given a job offer, you will need to pass a drug test within 24 hours. The company will pay for this drug test. The people who interview and do not get the job are always the ones who fail the drug test...

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be an electronics sales associate.   View Answer
    They gave me an extra $.90 per hour because I have a bachelors degree from ITT Tech. (the degree is about as useless as this company is)

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!