Walmart

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Norman, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2011.

Interview Details – I got a call for an interview less than 30 minutes of putting in the application. They called me for a cashier position. Which I gladly accepted the interview needing a job. They interviewed me, asked me typical "Name a time When 'such and such' happened" and "where do you see yourself in 5 years". I went out and waited for the job offer, they offered my 7.65 based on my previous 4 years cashier experience.

Interview Question – "If this situation occured, what would you do."   Answer Question

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

Interview Details – It took about 6 weeks from application to start date. I applied online and was called about a week later to schedule an interview. The phone call was short and simple with no interview questions asked. I was informed to dress business casual and cover any tattoos. The interview took place a little less than a week later. The interview itself was very laid back. I spent about 20-30 minutes waiting for the hiring manager to get all the paperwork she needed together before we began. She asked questions about my background, if I knew anything about electronics, what hours I would be willing to work and why I wanted to work for Walmart. I was told that she liked me and I should be getting a phone call with a job offer within a week. It actually took almost a month before I actually got the job offer even though I called back to inquire about it during the time that passed. I started training within 3 days after receiving my job offer. All the people (the personnel girl that scheduled my interview and the manager) were very polite, friendly and laid back.

Interview Question – What did you like the least about your previous job?   Answer Question

Weston, WV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview Details – Nothing fancy or elaborate. Just basic behavioral questions to see how you function when faced with conflict and how you work in a team. Drug screening afterwards.

Interview Question – "Tell me about your biggest struggle and achievement."   Answer Question

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process starts with an informal questionnaire type interview with a CSM. I was interviewed by someone that was much younger than me. This included questions like "Describe a time when you had to deal with a customer with a bad attitude." This is basically to get an idea of your experience of different situations with customers and fellow employees. Pretty easy and basic. The next step is an interview with an Assistant Manager. This is done in the back in a more private setting. They generally ask you about experience and your basic intentions for the job, along with your scheduling needs. You are then sent for a drug test, if you pass the drug test you're basically hired. You then are scheduled for a week of training with a group and have hundreds of CBL's (computer based learning) to complete while trying to gain experience on the floor. The entire process is pretty laid back and easy to complete.

Interview Question – Most of the questions in the interview are similar to what you complete in the application. The most difficult part of the hiring process is getting a wage that is higher than minimum wage. You pretty much are unable to get a higher wage, they will simply pass you up for the next applicant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all.

Avon, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

Interview Details – There really isn't an interview process. You will get a phone call from HR asking to meet with you. They will ask you a few simple questions (very simple and easy to answer). You are pretty much guaranteed the job as long as you show up to the interview. Walmart will hire anyone, which is why their turnover rate is so high! 90% of employees who work for this company have no ambitions, have given up on life, or have had life take a big dump on them. Nobody cares about their job in this company, which is why nothing gets accomplished. If you are goal oriented and accomplish tasks easily, then be prepared to do ALL of the work in your department. After you are given a job offer, you will need to pass a drug test within 24 hours. The company will pay for this drug test. The people who interview and do not get the job are always the ones who fail the drug test...

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an electronics sales associate.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me an extra $.90 per hour because I have a bachelors degree from ITT Tech. (the degree is about as useless as this company is)

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on a Monday and called the hiring manager personally on a Wednesday and set me up for an interview for that morning. I went in and met with the department manager and had my 1st interview which had 5 of your usual interviewing questions and it was really laid back. After that, he told me to wait for the Assistant Manager to give me my 2nd interview in a few minutes. My 2nd interview was just as easy, easy questions and laid back and she offered me the position on the spot. I have already taken my drug test and waiting for my background check.

Interview Question – Describe how you have maintained an environment that promoted and reinforced the highest standards of integrity and ethics among associates.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation and I wasn't going to fight over the amount of 9 dollars an hour. A job is a job for me right now.

Bedford, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – Assessment tests, background check, two interviews, and I was hired. As long as the background check comes back good, a person should be hired. I found the process drawn out , but it worked out in the end.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you encountered an irate customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Mobile, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in October 2009.

Interview Details – Walk-in and perform application at kiosk. Called back several months later for initial interview. Process very simple, one group interview and one 1/1 interview.

Interview Question – What are your weakness?   View Answer

Fairfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in November 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interview process, initial intervew, then a panel interview. after that is a job offer interview. Filling out the online application and passing the assessment is the most difficult part of the hiring process in my opinion. after job offer is made then its off for a drug screen and wait for orientation day.

Interview Question – The toughest questions for me were the what did you do in this type of situation, because if it's been a very long time since you've dealt with the situation in question sometimes it takes a bit of time to recall the information to give an adequate answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my schedule.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – Straight forward questions about character and work ethic. They ask the same questions as were in the online application. After the interview, you are then asked to take an immediate drug test.

Interview Question – Questions asked were standard situational questions. What would you do in this situation if under stress, deadline , etc   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Electronics Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.