Walmart Interview Questions in Fayetteville, AR

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.9

Merchandising/Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I first got my interview at the career fair. From there, I had to fill out multiple forms with fairly difficulut questions. After those, I got the call back for an actual interview. I took an IQ type test as well as a personality test. The interview as not too bad. It began structured where it was fairly difficult and then switched to a more unstructured interview style. The unstructured style is where I felt I excelled.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

I received a phone call from a recruiter asking me to come in for an interview and have dinner. They had gotten my resume from the campus career center so it was an out-of-the-blue surprise for me.

Dinner was at a nice place and was very informational. The next Day I came to the interview and my interviewers were the ones sitting across from me during dinner.

Overall fairly relaxed interview. Typical why us questions and such. Asked the difference between a For and a While loop. What is a switch case, which is faster between a switch case and a series of if-else statements.

Interview Questions
    • if you were interviewing someone for a programmer position what question would you ask?   Answer Question

Analytics Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Applied via University Recruiting. One on-campus interview, one phone interview (though it was mostly a Get-To-Know-Walmart call) and four interviews in Bentonville. The process took about two months but there were some delays so the process probably normally takes less than that. The on-campus and phone were very behavioral and the four interviews had a mix of behavioral and technical questions. The four interviews were with different departments involved in the rotational program so the questions depended on the department.

Interview Questions
    • Given a basketball game with the score 78-80 and only a few seconds left and certain probabilities of making a 2-point shot (thus leading to overtime), of making a 3-point shot and winning in overtime what should you do to maximize your chance of winning?   View Answer

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart.

Original on boarding took me approx. 3 months and multiple interviews. Must work through recruiting and interview at least twice before being offered an entry level position. To move up into a management position you must then interview with a panel made up of 3-4 managers, including the hiring manager for the position being applied for.

Interview Questions
    • In general questions are long, multiple questions, and they require VERY detailed explanations including actual metrics and numbers in the instance you choose.
      Ex. (Actual interview question)
      Describe a time when you managed an area that was not achieving the necessary results. What did you to ensure the accomplishment of critical goals?
      *What results were not being achieved?
      *What did you do that succeeded? What didn't?
      *How did you measure success?
      *What was the outcome?
      *How did you sustain this level of performance over time?

Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

This was the most professional hiring experience I've ever gone through. Everything was quick, transparent and painless. I was flown in first class. Put up in a hotel with a rental car. Had meals paid for. After I put in my application I was contacts about 8 hours later. There after I had an initial screening interview where we talked about salary and expectations. From there I talked with the hiring manager. Within a few hours I received and mail mentioning that they would like to fly me out to interview and meet the team. I had a really good experience while in Bentonville. The first night I went out to dinner with the hiring manager - he came to my hotel and picked me up. The next day I meet about 5 senior people within the capacity - all were really nice. The hiring manager and I went to lunch with another one of the capacity leaders and talked about the work, but also current events. Later that day I got a tour with in the area from a real-estate agent who was really nice and showed me around NWA - both in terms of buying/renting a house/flat. Very impressed with everyone in the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • I work in a niche field, and am a bit of a leader in it despite being under 30. The most difficult thing isn't the questions, it's always figuring out what people know or what's relevant to the person you are talking with. Some know a lot, other not too much about the technical details. This is how the job is, so being able to empathize is key for the the interview as well as the job itself. I think showing that you can empathize with professionals as well as non-sector personnel is key.. As always   View Answer
    Got an email that wanted to clarify what it would take money wise for me to get me to Arkansas. Initially I was a bit confused because in the first interview we went over monetary stuff - which was good. I gave my two cents mentioning how I thought it was comparable to market rates and was happy with the amount, although in some markets I could get a bit more. They came back with a formal offer that was about 12% higher than the number initially discussed so I was pleased about that.

Intern - Realty Management Graduate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart.

Submitted application and then was sent a Greenjob Interview, which is essentially a pre-screen that the hiring managers review and then decide on who they want to extend a live Greenjob interview/in-person interview to. Don't worry about the in-person interview unless you live in the area. They make decisions following the live Greenjob/in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward questions about your past experiences and how they fit into the role you're applying for. They may ask you something that your experience may not specifically fit into, but they're looking for you to adapt what experience you do have to fit the mold of that particular question.   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in February 2014.

I received a call from HR to schedule an interview, and than was emailed to confirm the time and also received prep material for the panel interview. I sat down with 3 team members and was asked a serious of question pertaining to situations that could possibly occur. After, I was informed by email about the job offer, not by phone call.

Interview Questions
    • How would you answer a question asked by a superior from another department that you did not know the answer to.   View Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

1st Interview with recruiter 2nd Interview Panel over internet 3rd All Day interview at Bentonville

Interview Questions
    • Standard Questions Everyone extremely polite   View Answer
    Can ask for additional week vacation but salary non negotiable

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Submitted application and I have no idea how long it took for a response as I don't know which one yielded a response. I declined the job the first time around due to personal reasons, but when I was available a few months later I contacted the manager of the same team and he was very receptive to bringing me on at that point. (How many places you've applied would have done the same with someone who turned you down?)

Interview Questions
    Mostly discussions around salary, but not a lot of changes made. I wish I thought to negotiate vacation time.

AFDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Initial communication came from networking with fellow alumni. After that, I received an interview down at their Headquarters, which was behavior based, and then the following week I received an offer. The actual interview was with two directors, and they were very engaging interviewers. I got a full tour of the whole facility on top of it.

Nothing was negotiable.