Walmart Interview Questions in Fayetteville, AR

2.9

79 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Behavioral Interview, they have a script to read from, not much eye contact, one talks the other writes down everything you say. Have note cards ready to speak from that covers examples of all the competencies required for the position. Answer in the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation where, ....   View Answer
    None. The offer was what is was.

AFDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Initial communication came from networking with fellow alumni. After that, I received an interview down at their Headquarters, which was behavior based, and then the following week I received an offer. The actual interview was with two directors, and they were very engaging interviewers. I got a full tour of the whole facility on top of it.

Nothing was negotiable.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

This was the most professional hiring experience I've ever gone through. Everything was quick, transparent and painless. I was flown in first class. Put up in a hotel with a rental car. Had meals paid for. After I put in my application I was contacts about 8 hours later. There after I had an initial screening interview where we talked about salary and expectations. From there I talked with the hiring manager. Within a few hours I received and mail mentioning that they would like to fly me out to interview and meet the team. I had a really good experience while in Bentonville. The first night I went out to dinner with the hiring manager - he came to my hotel and picked me up. The next day I meet about 5 senior people within the capacity - all were really nice. The hiring manager and I went to lunch with another one of the capacity leaders and talked about the work, but also current events. Later that day I got a tour with in the area from a real-estate agent who was really nice and showed me around NWA - both in terms of buying/renting a house/flat. Very impressed with everyone in the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • I work in a niche field, and am a bit of a leader in it despite being under 30. The most difficult thing isn't the questions, it's always figuring out what people know or what's relevant to the person you are talking with. Some know a lot, other not too much about the technical details. This is how the job is, so being able to empathize is key for the the interview as well as the job itself. I think showing that you can empathize with professionals as well as non-sector personnel is key.. As always   View Answer
    Got an email that wanted to clarify what it would take money wise for me to get me to Arkansas. Initially I was a bit confused because in the first interview we went over monetary stuff - which was good. I gave my two cents mentioning how I thought it was comparable to market rates and was happy with the amount, although in some markets I could get a bit more. They came back with a formal offer that was about 12% higher than the number initially discussed so I was pleased about that.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in January 2012.

Interview process is pretty standard. You'll have a typical pre-screen with an HR representative with typical questions like why were you interested in this position, why do you want to leave your current role. Then it proceeds to another HR rep. From there it moved to interview with Hiring Manager. Then final interview with a group of peers and senior level staff. It went fast enough, but not too rapid fire.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions that I can think of. Some interviewers use the behavior based interviewing techniques.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much room to negotiate salary and the relocation benefits,healthcare, salary, stock, vacation were all locked in stone with no negotiation. No severance package could be negotiated and neither could a sign on bonus. However, when the housing market went south, senior leaders were flexible and fair.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Initial interview - phone screen. Next - GreenJobs interview which is like an interview over Skype. Next, flown into Bentonville to interview at the Home Office. Round-robin interviews with 8 different people from 9am to 5pm.

Interview Questions
    • nothing was really unexpected. seemed to look for more of a cultural fit and ability to work with others than completely dependant on experience   Answer Question
    not a whole lot of negotiation. got the salary I desired. asked for 3 weeks vacation and got it!

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart.

Original on boarding took me approx. 3 months and multiple interviews. Must work through recruiting and interview at least twice before being offered an entry level position. To move up into a management position you must then interview with a panel made up of 3-4 managers, including the hiring manager for the position being applied for.

Interview Questions
    • In general questions are long, multiple questions, and they require VERY detailed explanations including actual metrics and numbers in the instance you choose.
      Ex. (Actual interview question)
      Describe a time when you managed an area that was not achieving the necessary results. What did you to ensure the accomplishment of critical goals?
      *What results were not being achieved?
      *What did you do that succeeded? What didn't?
      *How did you measure success?
      *What was the outcome?
      *How did you sustain this level of performance over time?
        Answer Question

Senior Manager Finance & Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in November 2012.

The first interview was conducted on campus. It consisted of a straightforward case question (much easier than consulting) that presented a retail-oriented situation, and required lots of "retail math". They then asked lots of behavioral questions. Once on site, there was also a presentation to do in front of a panel of VPs.

Interview Questions
    Since it was through on campus recruiting, only the relocation package was negotiable.

Intern - Realty Management Graduate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart.

Submitted application and then was sent a Greenjob Interview, which is essentially a pre-screen that the hiring managers review and then decide on who they want to extend a live Greenjob interview/in-person interview to. Don't worry about the in-person interview unless you live in the area. They make decisions following the live Greenjob/in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward questions about your past experiences and how they fit into the role you're applying for. They may ask you something that your experience may not specifically fit into, but they're looking for you to adapt what experience you do have to fit the mold of that particular question.   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2014.

I received a call from HR to schedule an interview, and than was emailed to confirm the time and also received prep material for the panel interview. I sat down with 3 team members and was asked a serious of question pertaining to situations that could possibly occur. After, I was informed by email about the job offer, not by phone call.

Interview Questions
    • How would you answer a question asked by a superior from another department that you did not know the answer to.   View Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

Enjoyable. They flew me into Bentonville AR from DFW TX, provided accommodations and rental car. Two interviews over the course of two weeks. Met with Creative Director first, other copywriters second. Wanted a wide range of writing samples. Very concerned about meeting tight deadlines. Wanted the ability to write for several different departments, i.e internal and external clients.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested, do you have experience in training junior writers to fill your position?   Answer Question
    They offered a very attractive salary and benefit package. Considerably more than what I was expecting. They never asked what my requirements were before they made the offer

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!