Walmart

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Greeter Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – people all in office

Interview Question – Walmart to you alike you are working on 4 legs then two legs.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2009.

Interview Details – to be honest , friendly and approachable

Interview Question – being open and not standing up for myself   Answer Question

New Lenox, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – Answered questions on line and went over them with the interviewer. very nice.

Interview Question – How did you hear about this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Terre Haute, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was as simple as expected for the job. I got a call and came in the next day. I talked to 2 different managers who each asked me the same questions read from a sheet of basic interview questions. They were mostly what would or did you do in several different situations. They wanted to know what happened, what you did, and the outcome. Pretty typical and easy. They asked about theft, obviously.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to use teamwork.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for the job I wanted and it was simple to do so.

Terre Haute, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2007.

Interview Details – The entire process was very casual. They have a list of questions to ask during the interview. They are the basic interview questions...tell me about teamwork...stressful time at work. What did you do kind of questions. Everyone seemed nice from the interviewers to the human resources people. I was interviewed by two different managers one after the other. They were low level managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had difficulty getting along with a co-worker. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – My friend recommended my to the hiring manager and I went to talk to her. She told me that she would look at my application and she told me that I would have to talk a drug test. I took it and I called her and she told me I passed it. She offered me the bakery sales associate job. I took it.

Interview Question – Why Walmart?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I won the lottery.

Greeter Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was awful. The questions were awful.

Interview Question – Tell me about past job experiences   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered job on spot. All other sales associates were very mature (old)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Greeter interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.