Walmart

Walmart Grocery Associate Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

I was called for an interview for the position of a grocery associate. I was taken into the personnel room and interviewed by the Front End Zone Supervisor. After which, I immediately got a second interview with another management type. They then called me to accept a job offer and the store manager had me go over what the cashier role was like and asked if I thought I could do the job. I said yes and accepted the job offer after which I took a drug test and then was called for when to go into orientation, after which you have a few days of taking CBL's (computer based learning) and once you have finished all those and passed, you get on the floor and are trained for two or three days.

Interview Questions
  • I would say the questions about customers in the past were the most difficult for me to answer, only because I had been working at home for so long and I don't really think it would be as difficult for other people who weren't in my shoes.   Answer Question
They didn't give me grocery associate, because I didn't qualify, but offered me part time cashier and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhaven, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhaven, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in December 2011.

you are called in for a group interview, a second interview if called back and orientation and a 90 day trial period

Interview Questions
    • give an example of when you assumed a leadership role.   View Answer
    you don't negotiate you take what is offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

I applied to Walmart in February or March of this year and did not hear anything back until mid April. They had me come in for an interview that afternoon with the Department Manager. I was asked some basic questions about my past work experience and probably about 5 specific background questions. (Tell me about a time you had to follow a rule at work that you disagreed with, Name a time when you went above and beyond your main responsibilities at your job, etc.) The interview went well and I was asked to complete a drug test, the next day I accepted a job offer. Wear a suit to your interview and bring a resume! They loved that. I guess people assume that because it is Walmart you don't have to take it seriously, but wearing a suit shows respect for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to follow a rule at work that you didn't agree with, what was the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question