Walmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Asset Protection Associate
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was invited in to give an interview, wore a suit (that was more than unneeded, even the applicants there wear t-shirts) and went in. Talked about asset protection, what it was, what they were looking for in a candidate, how the department is structured and what it's focuses were, and how training works.

Interview Question – At the end, I was 'asked' one question only, "Oh, you mentioned you have family that works here? You can't work for us."   View Answer

Electronics Associate Interview

Electronics Associate
Cypress, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied and about a week later i received a call back from the Personnel Office. Depending on if the store is hiring or not will determine how quickly they respond.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult questions. They just ask simple questions like: Describe a time you had to handle a difficult task, or if a customer is angry how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an interview

Interview Question – Didn't have one   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Interview

Electronics Sales
Kemah, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview Details – Three interviews: First with "Zone Manager" and Assistant manager, final with store manager.
Third interview is actually just job offer

Interview Question – When you have modulars and there are customers, which comes first?   View Answer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Warehouse Worker
Baytown, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Was hired after Walmart took over logistics from a hired third party logistics company. Was basically hired after I took a drug screen and passed. I know that others were released after being hired for not fitting into the Walmart culture.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Just an offer if you wanted to continue working there.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Overnight Stocker
Angleton, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on internet for the job and then called me and give me an appointment for the interview. The interview was easy, simple questions and it didn't take more that ten minutes. After the interview they call me and offered the job, the whole process take about tree weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing special, all questions were easy to answer.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

Interview Details – easy

1. what would you do in a situation when you're facing multiple task?

Negotiation Details – none

Overnight Stocking Interview

Overnight Stocking
Liberty, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2009.

Interview Details – @ different interviews from 2 different managers, just scenarios from previous work experiences and how i handled them.

Interview Question – what would you do in a certain situation and how did you come up with that answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they only had overnight available at the present time.

Support Manager Interview

Support Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – For the initial job there were 3 interviews they may all be in the same day. If you are called for the second interview you should have the job. After the third one you are sent for a drug test pending the results and your background check you will be called in. Be honest even if being asked about your past jobs. Why you quit/got fired. If you made mistakes in past jobs let them know how you matured. You get interviewed every time you advance.

Interview Question – You will be asked to describe a situation in witch you utilized the skills it takes for the position you are applying for. For instance if you want to be a supervisor you will be asked. Name a time in which you supervised a team to accomplish a difficult task?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay rate is predetermined. If you feel you deserve more you may speak up. I did not negotiate.

Store Clerk Interview

Store Clerk
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in January 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied online, then I was contacted by a manager to come in for an interview

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.