Walmart

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart.

3 interviews beginning with supervisor for that department then 2 more with someone from HR. Then you must go do your drug test after which they will call you for orientation and you will receive your first schedule. Basically when they ask you to come in for an interview you have the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you felt that you could not complete your task at work or at school?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. All hourly salaries start at 7.70

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

I was invited in to give an interview, wore a suit (that was more than unneeded, even the applicants there wear t-shirts) and went in. Talked about asset protection, what it was, what they were looking for in a candidate, how the department is structured and what it's focuses were, and how training works.

Interview Questions
    • At the end, I was 'asked' one question only, "Oh, you mentioned you have family that works here? You can't work for us."   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Applied online and got an interview

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Was hired after Walmart took over logistics from a hired third party logistics company. Was basically hired after I took a drug screen and passed. I know that others were released after being hired for not fitting into the Walmart culture.

No negotiation. Just an offer if you wanted to continue working there.

Area Manager Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sealy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sealy, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at Walmart.

1 interview

Associate Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Hiring process by HR was through and complete with a walk-through orientation, handbook, and explanation to new hires on internal reporting process, compliance expectations, onboard training and ongoing CBLs (computer safety, standard operating procedures and compliance training pertaining to position held). Management was routinely available and helpful to answer questions to new employees.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most challenging experience in your work history and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question
    Job located through State job agency that required applicants must be willing to work part-time, full-time, temp or contract during any hours and at any rate of pay. The offer was minimum wage, part-time without negotiation. 9 months later, I received a $0.15 per hour raise.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

I was called in for an interview days after applying in-store. First of all, the interviewer was very unfriendly, which made me feel uncomfortable. This was my first interview ever, and I had no prior job experience, yet they asked me questions as if I had worked before, which completely puzzled me and I struggled to think of some example from school. Due to this, there was a lot of silence, and the interviewer stared at me, clearly bored and unamused. There were 5 questions, all basically asking the same thing; to describe a time I worked with a team. All I could give were horribly mediocre answers from school. Unsurprisingly, I wasn't called back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked with a team, and you were the leader.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

easy

1. what would you do in a situation when you're facing multiple task?

none

Optical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in February 2013.

i was called 2 weeks later by several different stores, am actually still being called lol to come in and interview for lower level positions. i went to one interview. the location was farther than i thought and i was overqualified for the position so they offered a generated $8.95 after the credit for optical experience excluding my mgt and educational background.

interview was very informal. i saw the optical mgr then her number 2 person back to back and location was randomized apparently. we were considered "lucky" to have found a free office even though there was lots of outside noise and constant interruption.

they asked the typical questions and had no prob letting me know they were typical lol. again i am overqualified for the lower position but they offered me the job and set me up for a drug test.

Interview Questions

pay too small , location too far. i only applied b/c the assistant mgr positions werent open but now they are so im gonna try my luck there! pray for me lol

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in January 2013.

First I applied online, then I was contacted by a manager to come in for an interview