Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015
3,275 Interview Reviews

2.4

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

Negotiation

See you Monday.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. I don't even remember being asked any silly behavior questions. They told me about the job and asked if I could do it. It was more of a conversation and less of an interview.

Interview Questions

• They just asked about my previous work history and what I did at those jobs.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

All questions are behavioral questions. Each question pertains to one of the position's listed competencies. For example a question would pertain to execution and results, adaptability, customer centered, improving store experience, etc. Each answer needs to tell a story. It needs a beginning, a middle, and an end. What was the problem? What policies or ppl did you involve? What were the obstacles? What was the result?

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to complete a difficult task dispite having a heavy work load.   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It is a 3 interview process, It ended up being very easy to do. I put my application in online and then called them to check on it a few days later. when I called they asked me to come in for a interview and at that point I ended up doing all 3 interviews right there one right after another

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with helping a customer find a products that we did not have in stock?   4 Answers

SM Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

questions from interviewer in an office not meant for interviews. Interviewer was professional, but the atmosphere was lacking. They are not set-up for that so no big deal.

Customer Service Manager (CSM) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streetsboro, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Streetsboro, OH).

Interview

I had a first interview by another csm and a second by the vision center manager at which point I was extended a job offer immediately. I went for a drug test the same day and the background check took about 24 hours. I was then called about a day later and orientation was scheduled for the same week and I started the day after that

Interview Questions

• Describe your relative experiences   1 Answer

Dockworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaver Dam, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Beaver Dam, WI).

Interview

Very brief, situational questions with a questionnaire. The questionnaire has a lot of easy common sense ethics questions that you will have an easy time completing. Overall all the process is very quick and painless and the turnover is very high so they are always hiring and desperate. Met with two people total I believe.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The interview was very basic, I think they just wanted to see if I could hold a conversation and speak English well enough to talk to customers. Another thing they really wanted to see was my availability in hours. As a college student home for the summer, I didn't have much else going on so this was an easy part of the interview. They really seemed to like that I could come in basically anytime on any given day of the week.

Interview Questions

• Say you have a long line of customers waiting and the person at the front gets very upset. What do you do in a situation like this?   1 Answer

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Went straight to customer service area. Didn't take long for me to be interviewed. One of the managers said she loved my smile (make sure to smile and laugh all the time). Interview was like 15 mins, then I left the store. Received a phone call three hours later saying I was hired for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a customer needed a lot of attention and how did you help them?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick. I had a 2 part interview by 2 different people, one right after the other. Right after my interview I was asked to come back the next day for my job offer and take my drug test. About a week later, I started working. It's a great place to start out and develop retail skill. If you're a hard worker, it's easier for you to move up in the company as positions become available. When you move up in the company, another interview conducted.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you were faced with a problem and the solution wasn't obvious. What was the situation?   Answer Question