Walmart

Updated Dec 18, 2014
2,530 Interview Reviews

2.4

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

See you Monday.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied online, and took a skills test.
    I was referred by an employee to get an interview. Which helped because I did not have previous experience as a cashier.
    I got an interview, after the interview was over I was offered the job.

Overnight Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Internal promotion. Passed supervisor level assessment and Updated current employment preferences, asked management for the opportunity to step up and fill in during current support manager absences and waited for a position to open up. Spent several months filling in on an as needed basis to show that I could perform the essential duties of the job. Selected from the pool of interviewees as the best candidate. Standard "tell me a time when" questions.

Interview Questions
    None, take it or leave it.

Logistics Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Met a recruiter at a conference, who followed up the next week. Basic phone interview covering background and skills, then on site interview. The onsite interview lasted all day and required meeting with approximately 12 people as well as an afternoon tour of the distribution center. Interestingly enough, at the interview site, two other candidates for what I assumed was the position were there. We were each assigned to a room, and the panels then rotated to each different room.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, just the typical, describe a time when... The overall length and format at the interview made the process difficult. Every hour or so you met another 4 people who all asked you different questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Was brought in for an interview & asked all sorts of questions I wasn't trying to have. Also they made me come in before 9 which is definitely not kosher. Regardless they liked what they heard and told me to go pee in the cup. This is when things got iffy

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to pass a drug test if offered the position today?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview process could be a long process, depending upon how quickly the positions need to be filled. The interview process typically consists of at least one interview with either the store manager or the market human resource manager, and then a follow up call.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are your typical situational interview type of questions.   Answer Question

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart.

Received a call after a 2 months of submitting my application. It is better if you call their personnel manager to ask about open positions. After my first interview they asked me to return the following day for a second interview. In total i had two interviews, I have heard of three interviews for a single person.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went out of your way to complete a task? What was the process and obstacles?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Maintenance Associate Interview

It's mostly simple questions along with more questions about explaining what were the challenging parts of your previous employers and submitting to a drug test. Not too difficult, but it still helps if you have previous experiences because there's a good chance you'll get a decent start pay.

You're hired already.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in December 2014.

Interviewer was about 2 hours late so I basically got the job beacuse I smiled and waited patiently. After first interview I had a second with the department manager. Who basically said you are a temp for the first 90 days

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you faced a problem at work and how did you solve it....   Answer Question
    No negation.... pay starts at 7.90 firm

Senior Director of Finance and Strategy Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Started with a recruiter phone screen, followed by a phone interview with hiring manager and then a on-site visit with a full day of interviews. It was not that hard, just standard questions. Good luck to those going through the process