Walmart Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
2,304 interviews

2.5

Customer Service Manager (CSM) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

i walked into the hiring center, had 2 interviews waited on a reference check and walked out with a drug screening. There were a lot of positions available since it was a brand new store. I was hoping to work as a department manager but since I had worked as a CSM before. That is one thing that I would want to have them change is allowing people to learn different areas of the store.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centralia, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centralia, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I applied on-line in June 2014 and was interviewed twice in July 2014. I first received a call from the personnel manager to set it up.You will also deal with them with the job offer and orientation. The personnel manager was very kind and easy to talk with.

My first interview was with a member from CSM. Even though she was really tense, I still felt relax during the interview and did my best. This was my first job. I even made her laugh and really laugh when I kept trying to get out. I tried to go through four doors to get out. She tried to get the manager in charge of the front end to interview me immediately, but he was busy. We set it up for the next day.

The next day interview was with the front end manager, another CSM, and another manager. I did my best and they all seemed to like my answers, which were the same was the interview the day before.

Stay calm, Walmart wants to see that you can remain calm in a stressful situation, especially when being a cashier. So be yourself, pretend that you are talking to old friends and they are asking weird questions so they can know you better and to make sure the job is right for you.

There is a drug test after the job offer that has to be completed within 24 hours. There is no math or grammar tests. There is a personality questionnaire with the application when filling it out on-line.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when you had to do a task, step-by-step."   Answer Question
    The negation phrase was here is your pay. The pay was decent, for me, it was $8.65/ hr. Not too bad in my opinion. They discussed benefits I would receive on the day you will start orientation.

Associate Interview

Recruiting assistant and upper mgt were clear and professional. Waited 2 weeks after submitting resume and was called within a day of my final interview. Company is very organized at the top and the managers are paid well

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I applied online and a few weeks later got a call to come in for an interview. It was pretty easy. They informed me about the position. The interviewer mainly just asked about my availability and read a list of scenarios.

Stocksmen Interview

They do 3 interviews, The first one, just a base to get to to know you, the second one to tell you what the job is, then the 3rd one including your drug test and start date.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever ran into a situation where a person was being rude? How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

The process was very quick and enjoyable. I spoke with a recruiter that contacted me. I then had an interview set up for the following week. The interview I had was with a store manager, then the asset protection, market manager, and HR rep in a panel interview. Long story short I was offered the job and the process was very enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. There are multiple questions in one so be prepared to listen and answer all of them the first time.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation process hey have a spread sheet they go through.

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2010.

The interview process is divided into three different interviews. The interviews are repeats of the same questions with a different panel. They were not really all that interested in where I was going to be the best fit, as much as a body count to fill an empty position. As long as you are friendly and polite and always answer the questions you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Worst question I remember is: did you ever have a difficult co-worker or customer, if so how did you deal with him/her?   View Answer

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interviewed twice two different ppl. They both asked all the same questions like they was filling out a form. Didn't have to give much details for the questions. They were pretty general i.e work experience, education level, crime records, etc. One interviewer did ask if I had a spouse & children.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewed twice two different ppl. They both asked all the same questions like they was filling out a form.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Walmart.

The pharmacy manager was open enough i was able to walk up to the consultation booth and speak directly with her and provide my resume, i applied online, she found me and i was called and asked to set up an orientation, watch videos and do a ton of CBLs (computer guided training) which are a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a point in time when you provided customer service that you didn't agree with   Answer Question
    "no negotiation, your pay is what it is"

Walmart Unloader Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

They put me on different levels when it comes to the interview, a few people talked to me and when I finished they said I will put you through to the next level. It overall went pretty well and I didnt think the questions were too difficult at all. They basically asked what you would do in certain situations, nothing too stressful.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!