Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart
- Sales Associate (389)
- Wal Mart Cashier (326)
- Cashier (209)
- Overnight Stocker (200)
- Assistant Manager (155)
- Cashier Associate (108)
- Assistant Store Manager (94)
- Walmart Cashier (67)
- Department Manager (64)
- Pharmacy Technician (49)
- Guest Service Team Member - Cashier (42)
- Associate (40)
- Customer Service Manager (40)
- Electronics Sales Associate (38)
- Stocker (35)
- Shift Manager (31)
- Asset Protection Associate (31)
- Manager (30)
- Deli Sales Associate (25)
- Customer Service Manager (CSM) (25)
- Customer Service Associate (24)
- Customer Service Representative (21)
- Deli Associate (20)
- Area Manager (20)
- Inventory Associate (20)
- Store Manager (19)
- Courtesy Associate (19)
- Electronic Sales Associate (19)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (18)
- Any (17)
Helpful (34)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.
All questions are behavioral questions. Each question pertains to one of the position's listed competencies. For example a question would pertain to execution and results, adaptability, customer centered, improving store experience, etc. Each answer needs to tell a story. It needs a beginning, a middle, and an end. What was the problem? What policies or ppl did you involve? What were the obstacles? What was the result?
- Name a time you had to complete a difficult task dispite having a heavy work load. 2 Answers
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in August 2015.
Brief chat hired on the spot nothing too difficult. They just find an available manager and you get sent to the back and checked out. Most like will have two interviews in the same day if needed.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Wichita, KS) in July 2015.
After I submitted my application,I was called approx 2 weeks later to set up an interview. I was out of town at the time but the store manager agreed to wait until the following week to interview me. During the interview I was asked a series of questions that focused on customer service as well as leadership. The interview was a formal, 1:1 interview with the store manager.
- .Customer Service: When did you go above and beyond in a customer service situation, maybe even taking the time to train a peer on your method to gain customer support. Planning and Execution: Describe a time when you took the initiative to plan an event or designed a method to improve something (sales, training, processes, etc) and how you gained the support of your team mates, how you got their buy in, what was the outcome (hopefully good), what was your part (hopefully leader), etc. People Leadership: Tell me about a time when your peers looked to you for advice/direction because of your skill set Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (New Haven, CT) in June 2015.
Went in for an interview. 2 regional store managers asked me 8 questions. After that round of back and forth they told me to wait while they discuss my interview. Waited a total of 2 minutes and the regional manager comes out and told me the 2 managers liked what they saw and he told me to fill out an application and her will call me to schedule a drug test and background check.
- Name one instances where you had to make a tough decision and how did the staff respond to it? Answer Question
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.
Panel interview, two people, operations manager and store manager from another location. You will be asked a series of behavioral questions and then their are sub parts to each question...tell me about a time you solved a problem/ what were the steps? What was the outcome? Would you have done anything different?
- Tell me about yourself Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Saint Ignace, MI).
Had first Interview at university career fair. It went well had a second interview with the market manager and a few store managers in the market. The majority of the questions were situation questions. Had to wait over 30 days before i got an offer because they wanted me to start within a week of taking the drug test.
- Tell me about a time when you had to... Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Augusta, GA) in March 2015.
They use the STAR system with five questions that are all previous work experiences. People need to use real situations and enforce it with names. Stress your leadership skills and independent in thought. You will be interviewed by a panel of Store Managers. Since they are together any of them may choose you for their store. You usually only have to really impress one.
- Name a situation in which you had a fellow employee that was not pulling their own in regards to workload. What do you do? What was the outcome? How did it effect the work environment? 1 Answer
It was based on years of previous management on your resume.
Helpful (1)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walmart.
The interviewing process was a panel interview of 3 Store managers. Thirty mins with one group then moved to another group of 3. Great experience. Questions were all STAR format.
- Tell me what contributions you can immediately add to our company. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Had another job offer.
- Accepted Offer
General questions nothing was out of the ordinary it was a typical interview. Nothing else to really say about it. It was about in hour long and it was very relaxed.
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart.
Three interviews one with a store manager then one with a market Manager and the a panel Interview. They were all situation based interviews (S.T.A.R) and none of the questions where difficult. They will paint a much brighter picture of walmart the what it actually is.
- None of questions where difficult or unexpected. Answer Question
No Negotiation as they offered exactly what I was asking.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review