Walmart Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Easy - 2 interview process. Meet with one manager and if they like you/your answers then you go on to the next manager. Just basic customer service questions and they're big about having an open availability. If you don't have an open availability then they may not consider you. They may tell you the hours and if you're ok with them, or what the flex hours may be as well, and if you're ok with them. It really depends on the manager you get, how your interview might go.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you did not fulfill a customer's needs and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. They tell you your rate

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Over all positive and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to satisfy and unhappy customer and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiating which was okay I was hired as a temp and am now permanent.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Working at Walmart was a good learning experience. I gained experiences in sales, inventory management and customer service in the retail industry .

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Oxford, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Did a phone interview, online assessment, then in-person interview with GM then DM. All were pretty easy in my opinion, but they were opening a new store and really needed people. The interview questions were pretty standard, so it was nothing unexpected or unusually difficult. Overall, the excitement level of the GM and DM had the biggest impact and made me want the job more.

Interview Questions

• All pretty standard questions.. nothing ridiculous or unexpected. EX: Explain a time where you had to deal with an upset customer... what did you do? What steps did you take? Were you able to alleviate the situation? Etc., etc., etc. Standard and reasonable questions in my opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what my desired pay was on the application and presented their offer. It was a take it or leave it situation.. but was based on my asking wage

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Hattiesburg, MS) in May 2011.

Interview

One interview for this position. A technology usage test and typing rate test was required. Drug tested and started training which lasted for 2 weeks. Then you start taking calls. There is a pretty high wash out rate, but if you can leave the job at work and not bring it home you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• None, the only questions they ask are if you can work full time and are you okay taking a drug test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Arden, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Arden, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

It was fairly straightforward. They asked me about my past work history, but then also asked hypothetical situations about what I would do if x occurred during the day. There was no real interaction during the question and answer portion as they basically read from a script. It was very cut and dry and it was easy to answer so long as you were paying attention to the questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had to break a rule, name one rule you had broken in a previous place of employment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Canton, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

It is ok. A group panel of three interviews you even if you apply for car pusher. Backround and drug test are conducted. Skills review. A lot of paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Does it bother you to do other peoples work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Washington, DC) in May 2009.

Interview

Manager took 1st interview, and then called for 2nd interview, and then background check, and drug test. Once everything is done they call you and give you schedule

Interview Questions

• Name A time you had a problem with a customer? What was the problem? How did you reslove the problem? What was the final outcome?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was an average interview. Don't let amount of managers interviewing scare you. Phone interview first. Then you have group interview. Group interview on how well you work with complete strangers and potential Co workers. After all, you get paneled interviewed by managers. Like speer dating

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

phone screening, one to one, group discussion, take an whole day to process one to one and group discussion. but if u have been called for one to one means u have already been selected.

Interview Questions

• nothing at all, just want to know ur full time availability for Saturday and Sunday   Answer Question